ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

Really?:eek: I'll give em tons o Thunder Crash Bombs and Longbowmen (or Firelancers or Crossbowman... Which was used?) and Pikemen.

Thanks!:goodjob:

I believe either crossbows or just archer-types would work. Acutally, a better idea is to give them a one tile island right of the coast of South Korea, and call it Kangwha. That particular island fortress stopped the mongols in their tracks-- because a half a mile of water separated it from the mainland.

Ah. Alright, then.:)

I'll have a beta tommorow or the next day.:)

Thanks, LouLong! Didn't realize you too were following this thread!:D

Sometimes (been real busy lately).

Do u want flavor units for all civs ? (Elephant archer by DPII for India, slavic horseman for "Russia"....)

You can only play as Mongols, Omega, and they didn't do tech advancement during the time of GK. So there is no tech tree. (What a shocker!:eek:;))

@LouLong

No, I'm keeping the size of the scen to a minimum. I'm only adding a few for flavor, and a few for diversity, but that's all. Maybe I can keep it under 10 Megs...

Sorry, guys. It may be a day later, but it's coming along!:king:

One more suggestion, check the retain culture on capture tab. How is all of Central Asia supposed to be covered with the Empire of the Great Khan if all of the cities hold only ten squares?

Other than that, I recommend you add at least one (if its a more known civilization, unlike Daghestan, Kara-Khitai, etc.) flavor unit per civ. I would like to see that elephant archer for the Delhi Sultanate, mameluke unit, etc. Keep up the good work, Amenhotep7!

Try finding a UU for Georgia.:p

Right, Amenhotep7. :lol:

The Georgian Warrior Monk. Converts all Mongols to Georgianism.100/100/100.:p;)

I don't know if it is too late but I would add the Bulgars, who are an important civ. The Mongol generals Batu and Sübedei conquered the Volga Bulgars in 1236. Their capital on the Volga river was called Bulgar; it was to the East of the Russian principalities. It would be one square south of the modern city of Kazan in Russia.
You could also include the Bulgars who had settled in Bulgaria under this civ; although the Bulgars of the Volga were quite different than the Christianized Bulgars who had migrated to Bulgaria. The capital of Bulgaria in the 13th century was Tirnovo.

Nah, Kubz. Europe's crowded as is. But thanx for the suggestions!:goodjob:

I've fixed territory/strength according to the feedback I got. I'll add custom units tommorow. BUT, I need to know the path of the great wall. If it should be fortified, I'll put a Pikeman on each fortress of the great wall.

The city of Bulgar really isn't in Europe, its in central Russia.

Yes, not BulgarIA. Also, Amenhotep7, maybe you could add a unit, same graphics, civilopedia entry, etc. of the pikeman, but immobile. Call the unit the great wall garrison or something and place along the wall. Then the wall be defended but you won't see a horde of pikemen running around for no reason. Place the city Bulgar on 57,21. Call the civ Volga Bulgaria.

Also, about military leader names of the Mongols (I already changed them, so I'm not sure about the spelling with the original beta release): It should be Ögödei Khan, Güyük Khan, and Möngke Khan. I'm only mentioning the ones with ö or ü because they can be very confusing. I think Möngke and Güyük were already correct, though. And you are missing two valuable Mongol leaders: Batu and Hülegü. It also might be possible to add a couple of enemy leaders, like Béla IV for Hungary.

Finally piece of constructive criticism: Hsi-Hsia, Chin, and Nan-Song could (and I stress COULD, not SHOULD) be renamed Xixia Empire, Jin Empire, and Southern Song Empire.

I'm starting to add custom units now...

Top Bottom