[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

hehe,
old is a state of mind not of age :)

in the python folder -
screens folder -
locate the file that has the word civics in it - i think cvcivicscreens.py.

just find some other screen in another mod.

im at work so i can upload a fix.

Just delete the file...
Then it will use BTS civics screen

thank you both, I'm at work, i'll do it later. At least I learn't something today ;-)
I'm used to manipulate XML files but never Py

Try this Civics screen by NeseryozniyVET in the meantime: it will show you the eight categories.

hey guys,

i removed bad people by platy, although, they are still in the xml - you guys need to remove the folder "bad people" from the modules folder,
also i removed regicide.

bad people screwed the civics, and i miss merged regicide,
so due to time limit,
i will add them probably on the week end.

put the files under assets.

Attachments

• patch-1.5.rar
    578.2 KB · Views: 299
I was looking for that fire beetle icon to set up my preferred BUG settings, among other things to make sure that workers won't build forts.

I've noticed that the access to that menu is now in the option menu, which I like since it make sense interface-wise.

When I click on the button, though, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Try this Civics screen by NeseryozniyVET in the meantime: it will show you the eight categories.

Thanks! you just saved me another silly question. ;)

hey tuxu,
well, funny, didnt think anyone still plays doto :)
great to know.

well, your right man, though bug option is in the option menu, it dues not do anything :)
because i stopped using bug mod.
this current version , i use the platypings uuuu interface. it works a bit different.

but if you want to play with bug, it isnt that hard to apply,
just get the latest kmod mod,
replace the python folder of doto with kmods,
and basically it will work, but - if you wanna have some doto stuff, merge the eventinterface file - it contains varues wonders and some more mod parts, also there a few more files that contains such stuff, well come to think of it, its not that simple :)

actually, ive read that kmod has a bug regarding the forts - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13934524&postcount=2657
which i gonna implement.

anyway, im currently not doing work with doto, since my focus is on my mars mod (new).

but, if you really want something with doto, i might do it for you.

hey tuxu,
well, funny, didnt think anyone still plays doto :)

but, if you really want something with doto, i might do it for you.

Thanks for the quick answer, you're awesome just for taking the time to reply. :goodjob:

Ofc I still play DoTo, to me it's what civ4 should have been from the start and what 5 would never be.

The whole thing with the Forts it's just me trying to prevent giving freebies to Montezuma... You know what I mean, workers build an open fort and the AI feels cozy inside it right away.

I have no preference towards the BUG menu or platypings, if platypings has an option to prevent my team worker AI from building automated Forts then that's what i'll use.

Can it do it?

I've recently had to do a clean reinstall of my entire OS so I wanted to get the latest version of the mod and between work and studies I got to it just now so I was looking for 1.2 and was very happy to find 1.5.

I wish I had more time for CIV. :S

hey, ofc i gove personal attention to all who pay my mods.

so nice to hear that about doto.

so about platy, im not sure, post a quastion on platypings thread about it.
yesterday i merged the code that is suppose to help with the forts, so
ig you want - do this for me,
make a list of things you want me to do with the current doto version and by tomorrow ill have you a new quick version for you here.

i have civ time in bits and pieces on the weekend, i study as well and work :(

hey, ofc i gove personal attention to all who pay my mods.

so nice to hear that about doto.

so about platy, im not sure, post a quastion on platypings thread about it.
yesterday i merged the code that is suppose to help with the forts, so
ig you want - do this for me,
make a list of things you want me to do with the current doto version and by tomorrow ill have you a new quick version for you here.

i have civ time in bits and pieces on the weekend, i study as well and work :(

well, I guess that I might ask only for the basics since you already had the foresight to include anything I might ask for...

Forts - enable\disable option for automatic fort building for Player Civs, allowing the AI controlled civs to fortify their own borders.

Civic screen - I used the solve that is mentioned on this thread(switching the py) but it would be nice to see a working civic screen by the design you chose for DoTo.

Also - I think that the guy who made the Civ mod chooser exe named Jorgen_CAB, you wrote you couldn't remember so I checked.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145983

I myself am studying and working so I have a pretty good idea how much free time you have so thank you for taking the time to consider those things.

Happy holiday. :) iiii_J

Was always happy with Doto, and always liked that you had made the mod to where the save files did not grow too big fast, by using existing graphics for wonders, etc. Looking forward to playing this mod again, even though I have Civ 5 and Beyond Earth, I still play Civ 4 mods on a regular basis, as it is one of my favorites still.

THANK YOU :)

indeed that was my prime goal, to keep the mod thin on size, so it will be stable and fast for play,
and above all , stable for mp.

im sure you will enjoy the new version once im done.

and yea, i own all civs up to civ5, didnt got be cause of the bad reviews. played 5 few time,
came to the conclusion, civ4 with mods, is the perfect civ game.

:)

for unique civics, im using raen over platypings mod part.

need to upload the tech image, will do that during the week.

im removing some wonders, making a lot to be as a unique civ wonders,
ive changed my opinion about having too much stuff to choose from, everything just loses meaning .

OK,
here my latest work, its is not yet ready, i have a lot more to do,
but i thought what the heck, ill post it here, it is playble, but not quite ready, work continues.
http://speedy.sh/7yNgk/DoTo-2.0.2.rar

Was curious, does this mod's DLL allow 50 civs, or is there any way you could add that while you are updating the mod. Was setting up a map and I think it stopped me at like 25, but it could have been the map I was using too, was not sure.

Top Bottom