[BtS] "Extra"

Just downloaded this mod.
I don't know if any fixing is done on this mod anymore, but I was a tad surprised when I discovered "tracking" in 2800BC, that my scout could be upgraded to a gunpowder unit (explorer).
Anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks, man! Merry Christmas to you too! :D

Anytime :goodjob:

Yamato said:
Just downloaded this mod.
I don't know if any fixing is done on this mod anymore, but I was a tad surprised when I discovered "tracking" in 2800BC, that my scout could be upgraded to a gunpowder unit (explorer).
Anyone know how to fix this error?

You would have to go into the Civ4UnitInfos.xml in Extra/Assets/XML/Units and edit the Explorer so it would come later in the techtree. You would want to change Tech_Tracking in the Explorer entry to another tech reference. Very basic XML editing. If you wish I can walk you threw it.

Anytime :goodjob:

You would have to go into the Civ4UnitInfos.xml in Extra/Assets/XML/Units and edit the Explorer so it would come later in the techtree. You would want to change Tech_Tracking in the Explorer entry to another tech reference. Very basic XML editing. If you wish I can walk you threw it.

I think I have it fixed now, thanks. It was just odd to see someone with a gun in ancient times.

I think I have it fixed now, thanks. It was just odd to see someone with a gun in ancient times.

Completely agree. Explorer comes too early regarding the in game graphic it uses...sort of breaks immersion if you know what I mean.

Completely agree. Explorer comes too early regarding the in game graphic it uses...sort of breaks immersion if you know what I mean.

On the same subject, this is something that I have not liked right from the get go in Civ4.
The anti-tank unit, which appears when you discover artillery. The problem is, it appears usually long before the tank appears, and that is of course silly. It's like having the SAM unit appear before flight.
I would love to change the prereq on the anti-tank unit to have it appear alongside the tank, the problem is, I can't seem to find the anti-tank unit in any "units" folder. I can't even find it using "artillery" its prereq tech in a search (I only find artillery and mobile artillery)
Any ideas?:confused:

This MOD seems promissing but usually I prefer scenarios and not games starting with nothing. There aren't any scenarios for it, are there?

Jeleen made maps but not scenarios, correct?

Recently downloaded this mod and find it quite amusing, however I have noticed that the School of Confucius is very expensive to whip:mad:. The city has been working on it for several turns and the whip mark is at 37. Is this intentional?

I noticed this when starting the Underground Tomb in another city and its initial whip is 18. Since the building costs are similar (1200 UT / 1140 SoC), I figured the whip requirements would be closer.

I have included both city screenshots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 195
I'm trying to download this mod, but when I click the link, the page will load for a really long time, until it times out (so I can't get to the page). Can someone post a working link?

I realize that this hasn't been checked in sometime, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the terrain graphics back to the regular civ iv terrain?

Perhaps you could compare the Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml file of BtS with this one? I imagine that replacing what is in the <ArtDefineTag> from the Mod by the original one found in BtS could do the trick.

EDIT: at the same time, you would have to replace the corresponding entry in the XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Terrain.xml file by the one from BtS. It's imperative otherwise the game would crash.

Make sure you have copies before changing anything.

Also: watch out that the Mod might have added Terrains (I don't know the Mod)!

If the Mod has not added or deleted Terrains, you might even delete the xml file from the Mod so the one from BtS is read. But again you would have to delete the one in the CIV4ArtDefines_Terrain file at the same time.

Further edit: if the ArtDefineTag(s) are the same, you might have to take out the corresponding graphics from the mod. If they are packed in an fpk file, you would need to unpack them first...

If you're in doubt, rar the two files here because I don't intend to download the whole mod.

Further edit: if the ArtDefineTag(s) are the same, you might have to take out the corresponding graphics from the mod. If they are packed in an fpk file, you would need to unpack them first...

I think it has to be in an fpk file, because I can't find anything art-wise in the full mod that would have changed the terrain graphics after an hour of searching. I'll give that a shot and report back.

Top Bottom