Warhammer Fantasy Battles

There are just two ways basically, and they both end up achieving the same. A mod should be a single subidr underneath <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods, how you get that done does not matter.

If the mod is an archive (.zip, .rar, etc.), check if it contains a single directory, if it does, extract it to <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods, otherwise (i.e. if it contains files and an Assets dir directly), create a dir in that directory first and then extract to that.

If it is an installer, point to that directory (<Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods) and install. If it still manages to end up being in the wrong dir, just move it there.

You have to be careful about what mod and what version of CIV you use though, there are some mods for Warlords rather than BtS and some mods for older versions of BtS which have not been updated yet.

As long as you stick to mods for BtS 3.19 (assuming you use the latest patch), you are fine with the above.

huh.. that's the most clear cut explanation i've seen. :/

In fact I find the installers bothersome when they just default to the standard install dir, no matter where I actually installed CIV (some do, others are smart enough to look at the registry).

not to worry guys. ive finally figured out how to get smart installers working so they actually install propperly :)

and as Ahriman said, well make a new thread here when we finally update to 3.19 :)

not to worry guys. ive finally figured out how to get smart installers working so they actually install propperly :)

and as Ahriman said, well make a new thread here when we finally update to 3.19 :)

I hope you make a notice here for those who subscribed this topic.

thank you

well, i know everyone hates making precise answers to the date but... can you give us a more or less exact time about the 3.19 version beeing rdy to play? we wont try killing anyone of you if it isnt done until then...

well, i know everyone hates making precise answers to the date but... can you give us a more or less exact time about the 3.19 version beeing rdy to play? we wont try killing anyone of you if it isnt done until then...

speak for your se- err.. nope won't kill you. :)

Nope. But it seems like we just found some of the bugs that were severely hindering progress, which is great progress.

I am so glad to see this mod still alive :) :) :)

Glad to see people enthused :)
We'll post once we have a beta, but we'll mostly be testing the alpha internally, which we could potentially see as early as the next week or so.

As I said elsewhere, if you want to create a Warcraft mod, you would be much better suited to start with Fall From Heaven or its modmods Fall Further or Orbis. The Warhammer mod is just a Fall Further modmodmod in code terms. There are a number of guides out there for modding Fall Further, start there.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Hello, I have just discovered mod packs for civ 4 and I am a warhammer fan. Thanks for all your hard work. When I load the mod everything is great i can get all the way to launching the match and it crashes every time. I just realized I probably have never pathced the game and am doing so now. Could that cause it also are all of the patches you have done to the mod ijcluded in the most recent modpack that I just downloaded or do I have to download the individual pathces and apply them. I really look forward to playing this mod.

Thanks

The current version of this mod posted here is not compatible with BTS 3.19. We are currently working on an update that *is* 3.19 compatible, and will be significantly expanded.

If you want to try the old version of the mod now, then you need a version of BTS patched only up to 3.17.

We haven't had the time to work on it much for a while, but PL's exams finish up on Nov 10, so we should be making rapid progress after that.

Hello, I love the mod, great work. Here's a list of bugs I've ran across

-imperial roads need a civ entry

-had an issue with fog of war within my own territory but it seems workers are unaffected.

-hired assassin paused the game every time it came up & with every action it took.

-war chariot head for the nehekharan is offset from neck & on shoulder.

-Lustrian cottages not appearing on world map.

I noticed a few things since playtesting that would say the game does get a bit slow if your not warring in the late game after all tech has been researched. I would also wonder if you could allow warriors to use bronze & iron to help prevent them from becoming obsolete totally. I also want to applaud your use of graphics for the armies as I think it makes the fighting more dramatic. (I've enjoyed watching battles go to the last man @ times.) Overall a a great mod, thanks.

don't give up on this guys :) I loved 1.5 and it would be great if you could progress this warhammer mod.

Top Bottom