[MOD] The Second Revolution!

TheLopez has a copy of the mod and told me that he converting the two to go together. As soon as i get that back, I'm going to make the map fixes, and hopefully find a cool unit to add. I hope to get out 1.7 as soon as possible.

I might finally have some time to try your mod now Garret so I'm hoping you get your map issues resolved. :)

Any radioactive Lizardmen here?

good to hear from you

well, woodelf, the current version somehow actually works in 1.61, although any multiplayer is out besides hotseat, and its incompatible with all the cool SDK and python mods :cry:

GarretSidzaka said:
good to hear from you

well, woodelf, the current version somehow actually works in 1.61, although any multiplayer is out besides hotseat, and its incompatible with all the cool SDK and python mods :cry:

That's too bad. Are you going to rebuild from scratch or hope to make your mod compatible somehow?

woodelf said:
That's too bad. Are you going to rebuild from scratch or hope to make your mod compatible somehow?

well, im working on the compatability issues. right now im stuck trying to transfer plots from a 1.52 build map to a 1.61 build. for some reason i get an immediate crash to desktop. Oh Well. :(

Im thinking about rebuilding map to be on a smaller scale, maybe a third less area and writing mod from bottom up (after writing down on paper all unit abilities first)

GarretSidzaka said:
well, im working on the compatability issues. right now im stuck trying to transfer plots from a 1.52 build map to a 1.61 build. for some reason i get an immediate crash to desktop. Oh Well. :(

Im thinking about rebuilding map to be on a smaller scale, maybe a third less area and writing mod from bottom up (after writing down on paper all unit abilities first)

Restarting from the bottom up may not be too painful since I'm sure you've learned a lot about modding over the last several months. I know I've discovered better ways to do certain things.

I dont see why you have such problems converting the map? took me 1 minute with notepad to change all occurances of the 3 troublesome strings (no 4th one since no Mao on that map)

:( :( :(
Looks like I'm not releasing another patch for Second Revolution. This is the complete product. Unfotunately python mods and SDK mods do not work for this scenario as well as PBEM.

I may release a quick fix for map errors and an additional song for soundtrack, but give me some time ;)

First of all, let me say I love the mod! Ending evil (how you look at it) around America is fun...

I noticed a couple of geographical errors in the American Southeast. It shouldn't be "Talahassee," it should be "Tallahassee," with two "l"s. Also, Jacksonville should be on the same latitude tile-wise as Tallahassee. Atlanta shouldn't be as far north as Knoxville, since Georgia is never north of Tennessee. D. C. should be closer to the Atlantic, shouldn't it? And, is there a major Philadelphia in Missouri?

@pacesplace
thank you. i dont know how i could have made those errors (well, i did make most of this scenario early in the morning :) ) please make sure to download the patch at the top of this forum, it cleans up a few of the map errors! enjoy

You really need to have Utah as a civ. Call it the "State of Deseret" and make their preferred civic theocracy.

Oh also, Aztlan, Texas and Ecotopia (N. Clifornia, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia) should be civs. You might also consider having the Confederacy make a comeback.

i lumped all of the various rebelious factions in the northern part of continent into the "Rebel coalition". it represents a group of made up of factions with very different ideolagies, but one common goal...

Hangly Man said:
You really need to have Utah as a civ. Call it the "State of Deseret" and make their preferred civic theocracy.

Oh also, Aztlan, Texas and Ecotopia (N. Clifornia, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia) should be civs. You might also consider having the Confederacy make a comeback.

What's Aztlan? Also, Texas was a part of the Confederacy, and the Confederacy was founded on the basis of states' rights, which was brought into question by slavery... Why would the Confederacy rise again 141 years after its dismantling by the Union?

Top Bottom