World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

I'm playing the scenario 1933, I'm enjoying a lot. Some small mistakes you can easily correct about city names, for example, Venezia (not Venizia), Copenhagen (not Coppenhagen), Bogota' (not Bagata'). I didnt control all cities, so better you do. Just a thought: as I said in another forums, why you modders dont use the option "new random seed on reload" for your scenarios, as the Civ combat system is so awful that you can lose units even when you are 99% to win and all that you can do is skip another turn, only because the random number that AI selected is unpleasant for you? Some modders told me because someone can load a game severals times to wait for a good number, but I think most of the players would do this only when strange accidents happen, as when you lose with 99% to win and that happens not only once on 100 battles, but much more. Who cares if someone want to reload his game trying to win with less than 50% to win? At least battles results will be more realistic in general and it's more funny for us, tired to skip turns when there is nothing else left if not to lose a unit that normally has 99% to win. Anyway, thx for you good job.

Thanks for the place names corrections - I will change with next revision in 1-2 days. :)
I just might change the random seed option also - I'm so used to my days playing HOF, I didn't really ever think of using it.... for scenarios it wouldn't matter.

Had to re install vanilla and warlords (something must not be right)...

It works now

Thank you for your patience

cool.sound :) :) :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :) :)

Had to re install vanilla and warlords (something must not be right)...

It works now

Thank you for your patience

cool.sound :) :) :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :) :)

uff, you must moore seeing. please now report for bug if you any see :)

Im guessing none of the world wonders work then?

Every time I complete one the game crashes.

Might want to fix that

Yup somethings wrong with wonder movies - i'm figuring it

If you want to cheat, just say it, pathetic rationalization complaining about perfectly fair, foreseeable odds just disgusts me.

If you want to cheat, just say it, pathetic rationalization complaining about perfectly fair, foreseeable odds just disgusts me.

And that's your problem
You don't have to play it if this game if disgust you - it's your freedom.
And if you didn't notice it - it's beta "and pathetic rationalization" is part of the betra testing - it could be betasted with selected group of people - probably we wouldn't get this weird message from you, but it wouldn't be so quick corrected.

Make something on your own and try how much work it is and than say that work of many people involved in this project is crap

Finding bugs helps us (and i want to thank all that people who takes time to find bugs and post about them) to make this mod real good (not perfect) if you don't like something or you find bug please tell us about this - but this kind of criticizm you prefer without giving arguments - it's not what i expect from betatesting

And that's your problem
You don't have to play it if this game if disgust you - it's your freedom.
And if you didn't notice it - it's beta "and pathetic rationalization" is part of the betra testing - it could be betasted with selected group of people - probably we wouldn't get this weird message from you, but it wouldn't be so quick corrected.

Make something on your own and try how much work it is and than say that work of many people involved in this project is crap

Finding bugs helps us (and i want to thank all that people who takes time to find bugs and post about them) to make this mod real good (not perfect) if you don't like something or you find bug please tell us about this - but this kind of criticizm you prefer without giving arguments - it's not what i expect from betatesting

asioasioasio... I don't he (LuckyAc) was complaining about the mod... I think he was posting out of order from about 8 posts ago, when Snake Pliskeen said he preferred the "random seed" generator to be turned on. FYI...

Asio:

Looks good mate. Just want to raise two things.
1. You've got the computers too late in the tree. The first Turing complaint computer (what a "computer" is based on) is the German Z3 in 1941. They went on to use it to store data on the Jews. Most people (and I'm assuming you did too) based it on ENIAC which was 1944.
2. You have put nuclear reactor before A-bomb. I think you mean chain reactor/nuclear pile (controlled but not sustaining). A nuclear pile was used to transform uranium into weapons grade material for the A-bomb, and later came the nuclear reactor. The first energy producing nuclear reactor (controlled and sustaining) was in 1951.

Dale

asioasioasio... I don't he (LuckyAc) was complaining about the mod... I think he was posting out of order from about 8 posts ago, when Snake Pliskeen said he preferred the "random seed" generator to be turned on. FYI...

Sorry i misunderstand than from the scraps of information i thought you're complaining about mod and betatesting :sad:
LuckyAC please take my apollogies than :blush:

@ Dale
thx for feedback and ideas :)

1. yes making it this way i thought about ENIAC - didn't knew about this machine from 1941.
I'll leave early computer where it is (besides i plan to put ENIAC Wonder to the mod in the future) - it would mess a lot now,
but maybe i'll find Z3 as wonder (discovered earlier before - Early Computer Techs) - i know it's sound rather bad and could be rather offensive - calling it wonder when we know what it was used for :( - i think it might have bonus that decreases maintence cost in nearby cities - something like versal

2. Yes it was bothered me real much - you can't get Isotopes of Uranium and Plutonium without nuclear reactors - but you can't produce energy for the industry from them in 40's. As you said it's post-war technology. I like the idea with nuclear pile :) - it would be changed to two buildings - first nuclear pile - required to build atom bomb test site and the second one nuclear plant wich gives energy (available with Nuclear Propulsion tech)

Hello,
this is my first post.. my english is not so good, sorry:

the ww2 mod is so beautiful .. this is exactly the reason, why i play civ...
i played the sevomod long time ago.. but nothing can compare to your WW2mod...

the units .. so many of them .. everything i am impressed..

but one thing:

i have the same problem as one poster has described above: all the flags are white.. i do believe this has something to do with the grafikcard..
when will there be a patch so that i can see this flags? it would help very much to keep the overview

Thank You..

Great Work...

PS: Till yesterday I have played only civ4 without warlords... i buyed warlords only to play your mod...! It exeeds all expectations!

:D I'm glad to hear it :). I hope this mod would be much more better soon :) There are still places for improvment and fixing :)

We're working on patch, as addition we would make white flag fix. I'll need your help to check if the cure works (for me flags are ok - this issue comes with some graphic cards).

thank you asioasioasio..

when the patch is out i will install it in that moment and post the result..

Great mod! I can see a lot of work has been poured into this.

I especially like the 1939 mod, however there is one thing I noticed:

-The whole ''neutral'' faction doesn't work as it is. It should start out AT WAR with the Axis forces, since it should be totally destroyed very soon. Also, it should be split into 5 factions in my opinion: Spain, Greece, Turkey, Scandinavia, and Neutral.

I think you should also disable the option to play as Neutral or France and the nations I mentioned, since they have virtually no chance at all of success. Best just to use Germany, Italy, Britian, Russia and America.

Amsterdam and Brussels should start as part of the neutral faction, but be captured by Axis in the second or third turn, shortly after Poland has been captured.

Keep up the good work!

I will help if i can, by the way is there anyone else having this white flag problem or i am the only one?

Yes mp-stone has the same problems
I searched forum and it seems to be issue with some graphic cards - but it could be fixed

Another slight change would be to put the United Nations much later in the game, I've only gotten a few techs but already the UN has closed the door on many civics options.

...and some health increasing buildings/options would be nice too. I can grow my cities quickly and soon pollution becomes a problem. Maybe if the cost of things were reduced, the need for larger cities would be reduced.

The mod is a lot of fun to play. Thanks again.

1) Buildings_Atlas.dds there is no such file?

2) My game crashes on building of Olimpic stadium?!! Check attached save game.

3) Russian city names start with 'V' not W in english.

4) Wolgograd was Stalingrad ;)

5) U should disable settlers and respawn of civilization. - It is hard to catch Stalin some were near Bagdad.

6) Agree with others about nations - better disable or exclude German and Russian.

7) Italian not friendly with Germans in 1941.

2) My game crashes on building of Olimpic stadium?!! Check attached save game.

3) Russian city names start with 'V' not W in english.

4) Wolgograd was Stalingrad ;)

5) U should disable settlers and respawn of civilization. - It is hard to catch Stalin some were near Bagdad.

6) Agree with others about nations - better disable or exclude German and Russian.

GOOD WORK, we will check it and fix, keep going

yeah they seem to be only on 'cautious' in the 1933 scenario. germany also seems to have better relations with china too, is that correct?although it does change quickly when china decides not to become part of the axis

Top Bottom