[BtS] "Extra"

Uploaded 2.3!!
Check the first post for all the changes or updates that 2.2 and 2.3 brought ;).

@Kalimakhus:
I'd rather not mess too much with the core features of the game.. The ability to bombard buildings is actually a major edit that would change late-game warfare a lot, something that not everyone might like.

@LtChambers:
True, I found it pretty strange myself that Barter Economy increases tax income.. But that's the way Firaxis implemented it (in the Chinese Unification mod) and I'd like to stick as close to their original ideas as possible. There are more civics that don't make complete sense, for example.. Serfdom would normally demotivate the workers instead of making them work harder (they will naturally work harder when they are independent and free and actually get to keep everything they make themselves instead of giving it to a lord).

I noticed that unit scaling doesn`t seem to be implementet from Ethnic Units. The Battleship looked dissapointingly small in my game :(.

Hey Chiyu,

Am I right that this DOES NOT include the tweaks from the latest Solver Mini Patch (August 3rd 2007)?

Oh, and on an unrelated note, what city is that you hail from next to Nijmegen (my wife is from nearby Grave herself so we're just curious)?

@Chiyu

Thanks for the new update man. I am going to try it right away.

I said it before. It is your mod, and your rules. It is always good to have a set of rules and stick to them. This keeps the mod consistent and balanced.

@Kinseek:
Hmm, I thought it would be implemented automatically? Still, it's not very important.. So it doesn't matter ;p.

@LordGek:
You're right, since that Solver Patch crashes my game (you can of course manually add the .dll to the Extra mod if you want). If Solver releases a fix for it, then I'll surely add the patch to version 2.4.
And I live in Wijchen now, but I'm originally from Hoensbroek (Limburg) :).

@Kalimakhus:
Thanks and have fun ^^! Let me know if you encounter any bugs/problems.

I was wondering if you were looking for flavor versions of the new units you added Chiyu, I could help you look for such units if your interested. Just name the new unit and I'll find the corrasponding flavor counterpart.(for now I'll leave the africans out)

Dear Chiyu i have an idea : why not create or reuse an huge (but not too big with enlarged europe) Earth map with ALL civs of the game (you could take HRE and Germans in the same team, don't forget that actual Germany is "Modern" Prussia in basis, also you could rename "Germany" to "Prussia" and place on map to Gdansk/Dantzig location)

What do you think ? you could take Rhye's Earth Map and allowing cities separated by only one tile instead of two, you could compensate in putting more food ressources...

:goodjob:

@Sword of Geddon:
I already gave all of them flavor versions :) (check the first post).. But thanks for your offer, I'll keep it in mind next time I add new units!

@Lachlan:
It's a good idea to add the earth map (considered it myself), but what I really don't like about it is that West-Europe is so crowded.. Personally I like more 'spacious' cities, at least 3 tiles between them. I hate it when fat crosses overlap :(.. Would it be possible to give every civ it's own start position, but allow players to choose which civs they want in their game and which not?

Hey everyone, I have an important issue to discuss.

For the next version, I would like to add Hitler (a must-have for any modern strategy game imo, he's been way too important to just leave out), Hirohito (quite important as well + Japan could use a second leaderhead anyway) nd a third (probably Mustafa, his leaderhead actually looks quite much like the real one + there is not yet any Ottoman leader who represents the 'modern' Ottoman Empire aka Turkey) from WW2: Road to War as new leaders to choose from. However, I'm concerned about two things:
1. The fact that they are reskins of other leaderheads makes them less original and
2. What trait combinations? Having double trait combinations is a bit silly, so I guess using the three remaining combinations would be better (I agree that IND/PHI is overpowered, but after all, you can already make a game as easy or hard as you want). To get this to work, some combinations might have to be shuffled (Agg/Chm really suits Hitler).

Some advice and opinions would be appreciated :).

1 - I only saw LHs of Hitler and Hirohito, the first was good the second was just OK. As for Mustafa I haven't seen his LH.

2 - I don't know what you mean by double trait combinations (is it for the same civ or along the whole game?). For one civ it is for sure a bad idea to have same traits combo for two leaders, but along the game it's not avoidable. The few missing combos are really over-powered (IND/PHI) is quite so. If you can build numerous wonders and have 100% GPs production just get pacifism and light-bulb your way through the tech tree. I also can't see any of the three leaders suitable for this combo. Hitler with Agg/Chm suits very well as you said. I think Mustafa can be Ind/Pro. Hirohito can be Agg/Imp or Agg/Exp.

hey Chiyu, great mod. It's nice to see that it doesn't change to much gameplay wise. For warlords I played a lot of Visa and I made a small addon for this which included some more diversity in ships and planes for the later eras. For ships, I added a cruiser line and I added anti-submarine warfare vessels and some ww1 ships that later upgraded to the more modern looking destroyers in the game now. As for aircraft, I made three trees: interceptors, fighter-bombers and carrier-aircraft. These last were actually the only ones that could land on planes. I had it pretty well balanced out and now I would like to port this to BtS with you mod as a starting point. Would this be okay and maybe if you like it you could actually include it. I have most of the work done, but still some ships and the last aircraft to place in. After that I want to add some extra UU to all civs. First one extra and maybe an extra one after that.

Fantastic mod! I was looking for such a mod since Warlords.

I think the Peloponnesian War scenario has still some stuff you could use for the epic game.

Techs:
Advanced Sailing
Advanced Formation I and II

Units:
Hoplit

Buildings:
Agora
Ancient dry dock
Long Wall

National Wonders:
Platon-Acadamy

A speed adjustment for the ancient era could be necessary.

Fantastic mod! I was looking for such a mod since Warlords.

I think the Peloponnesian War scenario has still some stuff you could use for the epic game.

Techs:
Advanced Sailing
Advanced Formation I and II

Units:
Hoplit

Buildings:
Agora
Ancient dry dock
Long Wall

National Wonders:
Platon-Acadamy

A speed adjustment for the ancient era could be necessary.

I think I'll add that if your doing flavor units for infantry, why not rifleman and musketman as well? Thats my department big time Chiyu, just name a culture and I'll get you the unit in question.

@Idioteque:
Adding techs might actually be a good idea, but only if they actually contribute (and have their unique button and features, of course). I might add the Ancient dry dock, it looks pretty nice. And about the Long Wall, well, I already had them in the mod at some point but later decided to remove them because I didn't know what I could do with them. I thought about a national wonder (having one city with a lot of defense). How's that?

@Sword Of Geddon:
Yes you're right, if the infantry has flavor units, it wouldn't hurt if the rifleman and musketman had them as well. In that case, let's stick to the same 8 that Road to War gave custom units for: French, English, German, Italian (Roman), American, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. But of course, the French wouldn't need a flavor musketman, and the English wouldn't need a flavor rifleman :).

I released a minor update. Check the first post to download version 2.4.
In short, the changes are as follows:
- Implemented Solver's unofficial BtS patch.
- Fixed the bug with the gunpowder units not being able to get the Drill promotion.
- Fixed the AGG/PRO traits so they work for Clone units as well.

@Idioteque:
Adding techs might actually be a good idea, but only if they actually contribute (and have their unique button and features, of course). I might add the Ancient dry dock, it looks pretty nice. And about the Long Wall, well, I already had them in the mod at some point but later decided to remove them because I didn't know what I could do with them. I thought about a national wonder (having one city with a lot of defense). How's that?

@Sword Of Geddon:
Yes you're right, if the infantry has flavor units, it wouldn't hurt if the rifleman and musketman had them as well. In that case, let's stick to the same 8 that Road to War gave custom units for: French, English, German, Italian (Roman), American, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. But of course, the French wouldn't need a flavor musketman, and the English wouldn't need a flavor rifleman :).

I was thinking more along the lines of the culturial regions like in EDUs, but it is your mod. There are some great flavor musketman out there like for say, the Mesoamerican civs, or middle eastern Riflemen.

Top Bottom