[BtS] "Extra"

Hey Chiyu, have you considered expanding on the future age interduced with Last War in this mod? There are alot of unused future units you could put to use(Space fighters and laser/plasma tanks), and alot of futuristic tech icons a guy named Frenchmen did on the Graphics Board.

Hey again.

I tried loading that MP game with 2.7a and encountered a few problems, was able to solve one myself.
First one was with the new leaderhead file (my Fredrick was replaced by elizabeth :) ). That was solved by renaming the leaderhead file and replacing the civilizations.xml with the one from 2.6.

I do get another problem that I can't find the root to, once the game starts loading I get "failure to compress data.(or uncompress, not sure).

Any idea which change might have caused this? It's not the core.dll atleast.

EDIT: Well I did some trial and error testing and found a few, seems buildingsinfo, unitinfo, diplomacy info, eventsinfo were incompatible with the ongoing game, seems to work with the 2.6 version of said files.

The implementing of Temples as UBs causes incompatability with Modular Leaderheads, because in order to implement an additional leaderhead in modular format, you need to create an overwriting version of the original civ.

@Woerkilt (1):
I like the assassin myself as well, but I think that killing great people is a little harsh.. I'd like an assassin that works somewhere in between a Raider/Privateer and a Spy.. Using EP points to kill :) assassinate) units on the map.

@Woerkilt (2):
Oh, I took another screenshot that's even more ironic. Check it out:
http://www.craccoclan.com/divisions/strategy/screenshots/Civ4ScreenShot0177.jpg.

@Vanchelon:
As I haven't made any edits in the .dll file myself, so you can replace it whenever you want. But still, as you figured out yourself, you shouldn't update when you're still in the middle of an game. Several important .xml files have changed edited for 2.7.

Mikan Cyclone:

Sword of Geddon:
I'm afraid I can't add any completely new units unless they were in some way in one of the other (official) mods.. It would go against "the point" of this mod :p.

Do you unzip into the BTS folder or the BTS/Mods folder?

Not sure if its this mod or something else.
Playing a new game and when I am about to get "Physics" my game would crash.

This is with via learning it myself or trading with other civs.

I am only using the following at this time.
  • BTS v3.02 Patch
  • Extra v2.7
  • Gigantic Map
  • Tectonic Map Script

I play with 18 Civ, Gigantic map Size, tectonic Map Scirpt on Marathon Speed.
I have tried various ways yto get the Physics Tech and each time I would crash when I get it :(

Also,
Is there a way to add more than 18Civs at once ?

This is exactly the kind of mod of looking for - integrating existing content, with minimal re-balancing for the standard game.

Other mods do this but also tack on a variety of other user mods. Some of those are great, others not so great. Since I've never found I will always agree with anyone on those judgments, I find integrating Firaxis content to be the closest compromise.

Please keep it this way. There's a definite need for it.

ew

I must say this is a very good modpack. I wouldn't play Next War without it :goodjob:

There is a graphical issue I have noticed with Expanded/Next War that's rather strange. When I have assault mechs present in my armies, they sometimes become invisible, but not only that, they also display on top of other units in stacks where there aren't any assault mechs.

Strangely these "ghost mechs" also scale with the graphics of the topmost unit in a stack so that e.g. a selected dreadnought stack will have an absolutely colossal picture of an assult mech on top of it, even though the closest assault mech may be tiles away.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, by the way, is there any way to replace the city shielding 3d graphic that comes with arcology, or preferably just scale it down? It's rather strange to see cities encased in domes just because someone beelined hydroponics. This can occur very early, way before the space age. I tried scaling down the graphic in the Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml file, but despite this, the arcology shield always encases the entire city.

@Kilim:
I doubt that is related to the mod itself.. I'm afraid I can't help you with this one.
Anyway, to play with more civs, I suggest you just replace the .dll with Lt. Bob's one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234779

@Enkidu Warrior:
Yep, you pretty much summed up my thumb rule of making this mod. ;)

@Master Chaz:
I plan to include an earth map with all 34 civs usable next version. If I understood properly, Woerkilt is working on this. :)

@frob2900:
Hmm no, I never experienced any problems with the Assault Mechs :/..

General note:
I'll be at a meeting for five days so I probably won't be able to respond too fast. It also means that it will take at least one week for version 2.8 to be released. Things I have planned for 2.8 are some more wonders (Tower of Pisa and Flavian Amphitheater from RFC and Theater of Dionysus from Peleponessian War) and probably some new leaders to choose from such as Wilhelmina. And, if I can figure out a good way of adding it without annoying people: the assassin.

I'm open for suggestions (as long as they are in line with the purpose of this mod - combining Firaxis purpose into one, balanced, playable package) so feel free to keep posting while I'm away :).

There is a graphical issue I have noticed with Expanded/Next War that's rather strange. When I have assault mechs present in my armies, they sometimes become invisible, but not only that, they also display on top of other units in stacks where there aren't any assault mechs.

Strangely these "ghost mechs" also scale with the graphics of the topmost unit in a stack so that e.g. a selected dreadnought stack will have an absolutely colossal picture of an assult mech on top of it, even though the closest assault mech may be tiles away.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I ran into this... I think it's some bug in the Assault Mech model. You can work around it by enabling unit animations in the graphics options screen.

I played your mod on marathon, 2.7a as Bismark. Bismark is one of my favorite Civs just because I love to collect wonders. Which I did in abundance.

I am not sure if I just started out in a good spot or what, but I played no differently than how I always play. By 1120 AD I had more than double the points of any other civilization.

I would say that the AI was good. It was counterattacking and raiding, but I stopped as I felt I had totally lapped the game technology wise. They were asking to trade monarchy and I was well beyond these techs.

I played on noble difficulty which is where I feel most comfortable. I can upload a save some place if you like. I think it is a good mod but at the same time, I wonder if the AI is focusing too much on espionage or something, because it sure wasn't technology. Once they fell behind they could not catch up.

Not sure if this been covered, played an older version of the mod and believed I saw this. You bumbed up the power of the Horse Archer, but the Mongel and Carthagian UU (replacement for horse archer) were left unchanged (at least it looked that way to me).

I haven't played the newer version yet, but the pagan temples seemed little to much for me. Their not "real" wonders of any kind. Maybe possible to increase the number of religions in game to include the pagan religions?

@Kilim:
I doubt that is related to the mod itself.. I'm afraid I can't help you with this one.
Anyway, to play with more civs, I suggest you just replace the .dll with Lt. Bob's one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234779

Thanks.
I think maybe my game got corrupted.
I played a new game and everything worked fine.

Also greatly appreciate the info on Lt. Bob's mod.
Really want Solver's Fixes and nice that he does it.
Will try to add his .dll file on my next game :D

Thanks.
I think maybe my game got corrupted.
I played a new game and everything worked fine.

Also greatly appreciate the info on Lt. Bob's mod.
Really want Solver's Fixes and nice that he does it.
Will try to add his .dll file on my next game :D

Aye, Im using it now aswell, annoying that dead civs still take up "space" in the 18 civ limit. Havent had any problems with it, with new games.
Wont work on old ones naturally.
Also trying out his alternative global warming idea (drops fallout on tiles instead of turning them to desert).
And the "governed colonies" is nice too, discussed it with him a few weeks ago when he started to look into it.

Well have iPower set to 2 despite having nothing to do with how powerful you are. A defect carried over from FfH:AOI. Capture chance is also only 25% unlike most buildings which has 66%.

Chiyu: I just wanted to say looks like good work on this mod, I haven't tryied it yet but I've really enjoyed the expanded mod you fixed of Next War.

Also, despite my compile time being earlier the latest version of my mod (v3.0) actually contains all of the latest solver changes in it. I go into an explanation how that happened in my thread. Feel free to add my mod into yours but don't forget that I need the globaldefines.xml file with my newer versions (I added that governed colony value).

Kilim & Vanchelon: Thanks for the props guys. :)

Top Bottom