[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

ok thanks for that!

another quastion,

im interested to know how you implemeted limited religions,
ive went through the techchooser.py, ind i saw that you cenceled out the tech religion tech lines with #

so, i wonder, how did you get the limited religion to work ? did you changed others files?

thanks for your help :)

Limited religion part is disabled at the moment, it wasn't working correctly at all. Don't know what was wrong with it, usually just one religion was founded. So I decided to remove that part and try enabling it in future patches if the religions do not spread enough current version. So only inquisition part from that mod is enabled at the moment.

First off, Great Mod!!!

Could someone please describe what exactly happens when you put MemSaver to = 0? I want to know if this is right for me. Does it simply make the game run faster/smoother? If so, why should it not always be used? I guess I just need a little more education on this option. Thanks!

- manooly

Gaaah! Having a great time (brilliant mod!!!) but now suddenly I've lost access to iron; it's mined + road and right next to my city.....Gaaah! Anyone help please !!?

Savegame here:

Very very good!

Although, I was wondering if there was Patch 2.006 on here.:confused: I looked everywhere for the link and I couldn't find it!

First off, Great Mod!!!

Could someone please describe what exactly happens when you put MemSaver to = 0? I want to know if this is right for me. Does it simply make the game run faster/smoother? If so, why should it not always be used? I guess I just need a little more education on this option. Thanks!

- manooly
It just saves memory in some way. Don't know exactly how but most likely it disables some features from Civ 4 coding ie. prevents them to be loaded to RAM (such as alt+tabbing) and probably "optimize" graphics use by unloading stuff from memory that you don't currently see on your screen (if this is the case, it probably increases loading times bit)..so it might not increase smoothiness but it might prevent memory allocation problems when you are running on low memory... maybe someone knows about it better than I do, I'm no expert in programming :D

Gaaah! Having a great time (brilliant mod!!!) but now suddenly I've lost access to iron; it's mined + road and right next to my city.....Gaaah! Anyone help please !!?

Savegame here:
I'll try to check your save game this weekend and see what might have caused it. By the way was there any events that could have exhausted that mine? I think there's small chance for resources to disappear in normal BtS.

I've updated Addon info as Kalimakhus has released beta version of RevolutionDCM addon for RoM 2.0. See that post for more info.

About the MemSaver attribute. I am not sure if anybody is interested in knowing the exact way it saves memory but I just happened to know:

A DirectX application like BTS when working in full screen mode is given full control over the display card through Direct3D. To allow this and in the same time enable diverting from the application and going back to the desktop or another application, all data held by the display card should be saved to system memory so that when returning to BTS again this data is restored to the display card.

The amount of memory reserved for this purpose can be quite large. Roughly guessing it can be even more than the on-board memory of the display card as some data is held in other parts of the card and also some data need to be held on system memory in less efficient format than the one used to keep it on display card memory.

In general this option can be useful for people with less RAM. It particularly can delay MAFs. It shouldn't necessarily enhance performance in terms of how fast things get done.

The option is not always on because it prevents using Alt-Tab to divert from BTS to the desktop of another application. Actually you will still be able to use Alt-Tab but once you switch to another application you won't be able to go back to BTS. If you try you will get an error and BTS will exit. This is simply because BTS can't restore its graphics status without a saved copy on system memory.

I'm curious, but what KIND of "ethnically" diverse units are these? Varietas Delectat?

ethnic units are based on EDU mod, there was no Varietas Delectat at that time when EDU was combined (about year ago). After that I've added myself most units one by one because combining such mods like VD won't "work" nicely with RoM because there's so many new unit classes. So in some cases the mod is using ethnic units for regular BtS unit classes from certain area (asia, middle-east etc.) ie. those that were included in BtS and for new unit classes it uses those new units made by community here. This way all unit classes will eventually get ethnic versions, not just the default BtS unit classes like it's in VD. There will be more ethnic unit graphics added in most patches.

Any plans on adding Revolutions mod to this? It's hard to play without the excitement of new countries popping up after playing that mod, but I love the other stuff in here.

One thing has always bothered me about civ. tech just trips along. Is there any way you can implement either a plague induced backwards tech slide or something? I don't know, maybe in cities with unsanitary conditions? Oh! was thinking also, instead of using oil painting as a tech, maybe you could make the different Art movements into techs, just to be more technically accurate. Good job though. I really like the MOD.

when a police station is built you cannot conscript a infantry? you can only draft police squad. I think this restriction is unnecessary.

i have a crash. Building the sdi probably. If you send me your mail i'll send the savegame.

Loved RoM v1 :D
Downloading and playing immediately, then I will take a bit of time to pray thee, o God of Mod.

Been playing it with a friend these last couple of days, great fun.

The games usually got a little out of control, though. The new civic and wonder combinations are a tad too powerful (I'm talking about the +50-100% research wonders and the free great scientists that comes with them)

I had 27000/1500 research/gold per turn during the end of our last game on a standard sized map. The town where I had built all the research and financial wonders (also Oxford and the Computer Center national wonders) had more research output than the rest of the world combined.

Top Bottom