Caveman2Cosmos

There are some critical bugs that lock up the game. If you turn on auto promotion for hand ram, battering ram, it locks up the game. This can corrupt files, I had to reinstall a couple of times due to forgetting.
Reinstalling should not ever be a necessary step. Please report the details in the C2C V20 bug thread.

Hi, nice to see someone using my wonders^^

I took a look at the codes, so highlight some things:

1) Neither NPT nor Ivy Mike Project are in the game.
2) Codes for Ivy Mike also not there either
3) 2nd part of Empire State Building should be defined under CityAcquired, not CityRazed
4) I added a check on city owner for Catacombs, so that it will not be activated when an unit died in allied cities.
5) Added a 2nd part for Lotus as well, to make the effects two ways. The current version may end up having player A cautious with B while B still remains furious with A, if they have been warring for a long time. If you are interested, the new code is under Utopia Project though, as I shifted the benefits.
6) Modified Nazca Lines too, to make the strategy section looks better, nothing wrong with the current one though.
7) Switched Biodome's button with the one provided by Hrochland

Since you mentioned there are some wonders causing massive lags, do let me know which are the culprits and I see what I can do^^
Cause I am just a one man team, hard to do massive testings in big maps. :D

Hi, nice to see someone using my wonders^^

I took a look at the codes, so highlight some things:

1) Neither NPT nor Ivy Mike Project are in the game.
2) Codes for Ivy Mike also not there either
3) 2nd part of Empire State Building should be defined under CityAcquired, not CityRazed
4) I added a check on city owner for Catacombs, so that it will not be activated when an unit died in allied cities.
5) Added a 2nd part for Lotus as well, to make the effects two ways. The current version may end up having player A cautious with B while B still remains furious with A, if they have been warring for a long time. If you are interested, the new code is under Utopia Project though, as I shifted the benefits.
6) Modified Nazca Lines too, to make the strategy section looks better, nothing wrong with the current one though.
7) Switched Biodome's button with the one provided by Hrochland

Since you mentioned there are some wonders causing massive lags, do let me know which are the culprits and I see what I can do^^
Cause I am just a one man team, hard to do massive testings in big maps. :D

NPT is in the game, it is just not working for some reason. Ivy Mike is still in my test area. I am "responsible" for many areas so adding stuff and amendments takes awhile. Especially since we have some tags that replace some of the things you do in python.

The lag turned out to not be occurring where I thought it was. It was a case of me reading the wrong bit of code when I was in a hurry.

3) I will check and I have downloaded your changes, I just have not had chance to look a them. ;)

Oof! I just finished researching Tribalism and started building a new Tribe, but (after several rounds toward producing the unit) I was told that I had to abandon production! What happened? Did I lose access to a resource that that the Tribe requires? I don't recall seeing any resource or other necessary pre-reqs (besides the Tribalism advance) for building a new Tribe.

Oof! I just finished researching Tribalism and started building a new Tribe, but (after several rounds toward producing the unit) I was told that I had to abandon production! What happened? Did I lose access to a resource that that the Tribe requires? I don't recall seeing any resource or other necessary pre-reqs (besides the Tribalism advance) for building a new Tribe.

There is no pre-req that I know of. Go you have save? (max compatibility one). Also which version of C2C are you using?

A Tribal settler you can build one time. When you found a second city with the tribal then you can make build again. This is obsolete when you discover sedentary Tech, then you can make normal settlers:)

A Tribal settler you can build one time. When you found a second city with the tribal then you can make build again. This is obsolete when you discover sedentary Tech, then you can make normal settlers:)

So each city can build it once? Or can have only one at a time? If I started building a Tribe, and then stumbled across a goodie village that gave me a tribe would that make the one I was building too many?

So each city can build it once? Or can have only one at a time? If I started building a Tribe, and then stumbled across a goodie village that gave me a tribe would that make the one I was building too many?

Only one at the time. I am not shure with the goodie village, but build 2 new cities with your tribes and you can build again one in your city.

If I download v21, will my v20 save game still work? That is, will my current game load using all of the added stuff for v21? I'm pretty sure it didn't work like that with Cvi3 but I'm pretty new to Civ4 so haven't tried upgrading any cvi4 mods to new versions yet.

If I download v21, will my v20 save game still work? That is, will my current game load using all of the added stuff for v21? I'm pretty sure it didn't work like that with Cvi3 but I'm pretty new to Civ4 so haven't tried upgrading any cvi4 mods to new versions yet.
C2C has special maximum compatibility savegames that do make it possible to upgrade and still continue playing (that is a feature of C2C that vanilla Civ4 and most mods do not have).

NPT is in the game, it is just not working for some reason. Ivy Mike is still in my test area. I am "responsible" for many areas so adding stuff and amendments takes awhile. Especially since we have some tags that replace some of the things you do in python.

Since I don't have experience with BUG, can't help much now. Both NPT and Ivy have codes in def onNukeExplosion in CvEventManager and AI_chooseProduction in CvGameUtils. Since you have successfully ported most of the wonders which include codings in CvEventManager, I guess the problem lies in the CvGameUtils.

The AI_chooseProduction part is just to force the AI to build the project under certain circumstances, since AI views python projects as totally useless and will never use them. However, since C2C has alot more XML project tags, you can just ignore this part and just port the onNukeExplosion, then probably give it a happiness boost or something so that AI will build. If onNukeExplosion itself doesn't work, then I not sure either, since like I said, I haven't had time to study BUG :mischief:

Since I don't have experience with BUG, can't help much now. Both NPT and Ivy have codes in def onNukeExplosion in CvEventManager and AI_chooseProduction in CvGameUtils. Since you have successfully ported most of the wonders which include codings in CvEventManager, I guess the problem lies in the CvGameUtils.

The AI_chooseProduction part is just to force the AI to build the project under certain circumstances, since AI views python projects as totally useless and will never use them. However, since C2C has alot more XML project tags, you can just ignore this part and just port the onNukeExplosion, then probably give it a happiness boost or something so that AI will build. If onNukeExplosion itself doesn't work, then I not sure either, since like I said, I haven't had time to study BUG :mischief:

We also have a number of different nukes. It is possible that the message saying a nuke had been used was not a real nuke in some way. ;)

Ah I see, then nothing much I can help :D

By the way, the main chunk of Biodome codes was adding promotions to the new animal spawned, since default BTS doesn't allow animals to gain promotions.
Since C2C has a set of promotions allowable for animals, you can remove the whole chunk of promotion codes and replace with
Code:
pCity.addProductionExperience(pNewUnit, false)
to simply add the experience and let the user choose the promotions. This may be beneficial for performance, since Biodome is a National Wonder, every few turns, the code is activated for all the players

Edit:
I took a look at Tsentom's wonders as well, and notice this:
Last portion of Jaguar Temple refers to Great Bath instead

Ah I see, then nothing much I can help :D

By the way, the main chunk of Biodome codes was adding promotions to the new animal spawned, since default BTS doesn't allow animals to gain promotions.
Since C2C has a set of promotions allowable for animals, you can remove the whole chunk of promotion codes and replace with
Code:
pCity.addProductionExperience(pNewUnit, false)
to simply add the experience and let the user choose the promotions. This may be beneficial for performance, since Biodome is a National Wonder, every few turns, the code is activated for all the players

Edit:
I took a look at Tsentom's wonders as well, and notice this:
Last portion of Jaguar Temple refers to Great Bath instead

C2C has a lot more animals. ;)

Ah ha, so that is why the Bath was not working right. ;) Thanks:goodjob:

The line of code, it applies the XP bonuses that would be normaly given if you built the unit in the city? Yes. If so it is the answer I have been looking for for a bug reported else where.

Yeah, it gives the normal experience the type of unit will get when built in the city, including domain experience, Great General Experience, or global experience.

False will give normal experience,
True will give conscript experience

Top Bottom