What is the ugliest uniform in the history of team sports?

Drewcifer

Agent of Karma
My vote would have to go to the NHL's Vancouver Canucks jerseys from the early '80's. They did make it to the Stanley Cup Finals wearing them though.

Attachments

• canuck2.jpg
    canuck2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 183
Here is another. Personally, I think they look like medieval court jesters. At least they wern't pink.

Attachments

• canuck.jpg
    canuck.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 177
To my eye the other version seems to be going for a sci-fi look.

Attachments

• canuck3.jpg
    canuck3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 196
Originally posted by CornMaster

I know....I said nice. :) I just posted it because it was Vancouver.

And what does that New York comment mean?

Sorry, since this is an ugliest jersey thread I came in fully expecting to defend Vancouver and couldn't tell whether you were being sarcastic or not.

The New York comment means the Rangers are overpaid pieces of **** who deserve to burn in the nineteenth level of hell.

Sorry, I'm just pissed today.

How about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers orange jerseys, from their first seasons? Sorry, dont have a picture...

Actually the '80's Canucks uniforms are kind of cool in a surreal, over the top sort of way. I'm just trying to get in the mood for the playoffs, it's been a long time coming.

Also if there are uniforms in other parts of the world that are more outrageous than this, I would love to see them.

No I think we win with that beaut of a jersey.I hope they bring the rink, puck and stick back :goodjob:

The original had a little puck just off the blade of the stick.

I liked the skate best, aren't they going retro with the rink stick next year for a few games?

Yes they are.There does seem to be some momentum building for a change back.If it is well received(I don't see why not),who knows?

nice avatar :lol:

drew, that canucks jersey is exactly what i thought when i read the title of the thread :thumbsup:

Vancouver's old jersey may not have been the nicest thing to look at, but that wasn't what I thought of when I first read the title of this thread (I didn't mind it so much). I can't stand the Boston and Nashville 3rd jerseys. They are hideous. Where did they come up with those colours? I can picture it now...

Person #1: Hmm...what colour should we make our new jerseys?
Person #2: I don't feel so good...
Person #1: Well, don't come over here...especially near this white jersey...
Person #2: :vomit:
Person #1: Hey, I like that colour...good job!:goodjob:

Makes me sick just looking at them...

The Armagh gaelic jersey is very ugly.

The Manchester United grey kit that they wore for half a match against Southampton. They took it off at half-time because they were getting hammered and blamed the shirts for making it too hard to pick out teamates.

Early TB Bucs jerseys - horrendous. There's no way I could play in that kind of get-up. No wonder they lost so much...

And I second that Houston Astros jersey...so ugly it was funny.

Top Bottom