Difficulty getting pitboss to work

Maxnwil

Chieftain
Hey, so I'm trying to set up a pitboss server, and it isn't showing up on Internet. (It is, however, showing up on LAN.) Here is my setup: I have a laptop on one of my accounts, running the Dedicated server. Steam is not running in offline mode. I have a second computer on the same network, running Civ 5. I can see the pitboss game that I am hosting, but only through LAN. I cannot see it under the internet games. My friends cannot see it under internet games, and obviously they're not on my Local Network. Any advice? Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks.

Year later but I'm having the same problem. Have surfed the web for hours trying different solutions, but can't seem to figure it out.
How can I get my dedicated server host's game to appear in the lobby of games?

I've never tried hosting a public game, but do you have port 27016 (UDP) forwarded from your router to your server? I've been hosting a private Pitboss game for months and clients can connect over the internet just fine as long as the port is forwarded.

Draknor, I am having the same issue. Can see on LAN just fine, can't see on either of the internet search menu's. I do have port forwarding on from my router to my dedicated server. The only thing I can think of trying is port triggering on my router. Did you follow the directions specifically on the 2k forums or go your own?

Sorry - didn't have thread reply notifications turned on :-(

I followed the instructions here: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?272271-Pitboss-Instructions

I made mine a private game, so it doesn't show up in the internet list, but if you key in the IP address (or click the link in the Pitboss notification email), the game connects just fine.

I don't know how / if you need to do anything special to make it show up on the Internet list.

Top Bottom