The power of Babylon (deity domination)

I'd have to actually do it first :lol:

However, I'd probably roll for a good start since I'd want to beat current HoF ranking while doing it. So expect that.

Splendissimo! I look forward to watching you play :)

i should watch more of Moriarte's warfare. mine is just ... inefficient. with Babylon I never made good use of Xbows because I still wasnt in a commanding tech lead on deity yet (also poor play), usually with my neighbors running in rifles against them and they werent promod enough. i almost always waited for artys/flight due to terrain/lack of skill, haha. i havent played a lot of Babylon since BnWs social policies changed so much. It would be worth the experiment just to mess with a new mix of policies.

When I have played Babs on Deity the warfare has been more about Bowmen vs. Composites than it has been about Xbows (composites are better but bowmen can hold their own against them and they're half price. And it's deity). Xbows most definitely have their day, but it's not quite the same game-defining moment.

Splendissimo! I look forward to watching you play :)

Hello, I've finished a game and recorded it.

I'll upload soon. Will not edit anything. I apologize for the sound on part 1, my mic was on but it was on the ground behind the computer while my GF was watching TV so there are a lot of annoying sounds or we're talking.

Stay tuned on this thread I'll insert the links as they upload.

When I have played Babs on Deity the warfare has been more about Bowmen vs. Composites than it has been about Xbows (composites are better but bowmen can hold their own against them and they're half price. And it's deity). Xbows most definitely have their day, but it's not quite the same game-defining moment.

bowmen and walls definitely help me defend early rushes but counter-attacking was usually slowed down by lots of healing turns and terrain. again, there is something in my warfare that isnt good enough to handle the offensive side. defense is easy against a poor AI.

I apologize for the sound on part 1, my mic was on but it was on the ground behind the computer while my GF was watching TV so there are a lot of annoying sounds or we're talking.

Haha I also have a girlfriend and a tv close from my computer(in same room, so i can also watch tv) :)

I remember when i tested a mic and found how it turned into a true cacaphony! :lol:

The simplest solution to healing time is more units.

^^huh... even foolish ais can somehow overwhelm highly promoted units when you don't make new units to help out the high ranked units.

It's embarrassing how long it took me to realize this was on quick settings lol. 4 cities, NC, 6 composites, 3 scouts, shrine, granary, 3 settlers, a catapult and a caravan in 78 turns, I've been restarting for 6 days trying to achieve this on standard before realizing >_<, but even without meeting the benchmarks I played 1 through and actually finished off my entire continent with cannons so I was free to saturate =)

It's QUICK???!!! NOT standard? Now I'm embarrassed if that's true :(

Top Bottom