questions

SR56

Chieftain
Few questions
1. How often do you guys play Terra? I always see pangea or continents but nothing else
2. What is your preference? playing with more civs than cs? or vice versa? i just recently started and 18 civ 14 cs terra for horsehockys and gigs just wanted to gather some opinions.

Standard amount of size to N of civs + N of CS bring the most out of AI, who can not really adapt well to different game options. The same try for map types, AI will be most competitive on standard Pangaea or continents Or Pangaea Plus or continents plus if you have explorer map pack.

I just leave it to a default number of CS unless I am playing as Sweden, in which case I lower it, as they're too OP otherwise.

I wish there was a more balanced pick of cultural, militaristic, etc.

Some games there are almost no cultural :(

#2 I always play on standard map size with 8 AIs & 8 city states (reduced to 1:1 ratio), this leaves City states as important without having them be super overpowered as they are in base game. I've also turned off some of the quests. (Some of them are too easy such as "Discover X")

Also with only 8 starting city states, you'll notice it much more if city states are married (AI Austria), bought out (AI Venice) or conquered (other AIs).

Also, with 16 starting city states, Diplomatic is usually the fastest of the 3 peaceful victory types even if you skip FP. At 8 starting city states, Cultural victory is usually faster by a few turns than Diplomatic, but both are 20 to 30 turns faster than Science with most starts.

#2 I always play on standard map size with 8 AIs & 8 city states (reduced to 1:1 ratio), this leaves City states as important without having them be super overpowered as they are in base game. I've also turned off some of the quests. (Some of them are too easy such as "Discover X")

Also with only 8 starting city states, you'll notice it much more if city states are married (AI Austria), bought out (AI Venice) or conquered (other AIs).

Also, with 16 starting city states, Diplomatic is usually the fastest of the 3 peaceful victory types even if you skip FP. At 8 starting city states, Cultural victory is usually faster by a few turns than Diplomatic, but both are 20 to 30 turns faster than Science with most starts.

what is your usual Cv win turn & what lvl?

what is your usual Cv win turn & what lvl?

Immortal standard size 8 City state Cultural victories (post fall patch):

Assyria: Turn 317
France: Turn 308
Poland: Turn 286

After that I started modding.

I usually play Continents, but I do enjoy other map types now and then for fun. In SP I leave the number of AI's and CS's alone because they are pretty well balanced to the map sizes imho.

Continents for me always. I don't like knowing the map at all, so I don't do those maps i.e Earth, Great Plains... Default everything else, epic pace.

Top Bottom