God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

No atheism? I hope it will be available as a Renaissance-based tech or culture trait at least. Rationalism as it is now wont be enough, unless Piety tree will be removed completely.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 10th was some kind of generic "Paganism" or "Animism" religion. Under the current system, civs like Greece, Rome, all the Native American civs etc get kinda left out.

Also if there is Judaism there better at least be a Jerusalem city-state.

By the way The_J, the other two leaders are Boudicca and Pacal the Great.

So Antwerp is a Mercentile CS, and Cardiff a religious one, based on the icon at the right on the name.

Take a look at the river into ocean connection on one of those screenshots. It appears they fixed the color issue.

ALSO: No new font icons anywhere. The ICON_PEACE is being used for religion, and ICON_TRADE for mercantile city states. This really concerns me as a modder in terms of being able to ever add our own.

when does this update come out? and do we have to pay for this and if so how much do you think this would cost.

"Late spring" (no finer detail)
$29.99, which probably equates to the same in Euros or £15-£20

In several of the in-game screenshots, the progress bar at the bottom of City-State labels has sections demarcated. If it's the same idea as vanilla Civ V, this bar indicates the player's level of influence over that City-State. This represents a change from Civ V currently, where that progress bar doesn't have any demarcations.

I suspect that the ways you can relate with City-States have been changed, with more possibilities besides the current "war," neutral," "friends," and "allies." The new demarcations would make it easier to know, at a glance, what your status is.

Take a look at the river into ocean connection on one of those screenshots. It appears they fixed the color issue.

ALSO: No new font icons anywhere. The ICON_PEACE is being used for religion, and ICON_TRADE for mercantile city states. This really concerns me as a modder in terms of being able to ever add our own.
Maybe these are just placeholders? The dove icon doesn't fit "faith" well. And I think adding new icons should be possible as long as we have SDK?

was it really necessary to move the Colossus....goodbye coastal OCC :(

ah well it's pretty minor and everything is pretty exciting.

The second to last religious symbol reminds me of the Birdman or at least some other falcon iconography from Native American religions. That's my guess anyway.

It doesn't really have a name for a religion, so Animism, Mississippian, or Native American strikes me as the most likely. I doubt they'll use "Southeastern Ceremonial Complex."

The second to last religious symbol reminds me of the Birdman or at least some other falcon iconography from Native American religions. That's my guess anyway.

It doesn't really have a name for a religion, so Animism, Mississippian, or Native American strikes me as the most likely. I doubt they'll use "Southeastern Ceremonial Complex."

"Tengriism" is the suggestion on the 2k forums.

it seems flight enables two different fighters.

Looking closely at the left one, it looks to me as if it's a sea plane. I think I can make out red pontoons on it.

EDIT: Scratch that. The red things that I thought were the front of the pontoons look to be wheels and the "pontoons" are just background shading.

Could you clarify what you mean by this, please? What are font icons?
according to Camikaze's OP it's now unlocked by iron working

In one of the screenshots you can see Iron Working being researched in the background, and the Colossus is attached to that.

Spies and religion are nice, but I was hoping for changes to the UI and diplomacy too. Oh well. Nice theme for an expansion, and it is coming out soon, which is good I suppose.

This is a pretty lousy icon to use as a general religion icon for obvious reasons (1/2 of the religion effects they have already revealed are combat related). Even this :religion: is better. This leads me to speculate that it is just a placeholder. Icons are certainly the very last thing on my mod's "low priority" list. I bet this will change a few weeks before release.

Top Bottom