God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

I was one of the early guys in speculating on the two yellowish uints in screenshot 3 being Impi, and I was rather sure of it, but after having seen Cucs new screenshot of the same screenie in the Article section, I am now certain these are Mayan units, so perhaps Zulu will be a DLC in late March, just as I speculated in "General Discussions" some days ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

It's a shame PCGamer doesn't have the Great Prophet-screenshot :(
I already tried changing the name of the other screenshots, to see if it's there but just not put up, but alas.

Edit:
Ah, this is better:
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/CivilizationVGodsKings/Civ5GandKScreen3.jpg
Hmm.. I'd go for the Oromi-warriors as the mystery-unit..
Whatever it is, it looks like a spearman replacement
Edit:
I'm in doubt now, could indeed be a Mayan unit.
The item being built in Amsterdam appears to be some sort of Police Station.

Isn't it a gasstation maybe? Hard to tell.

Police Station could be giving bonus for espionage or more defense against enemy spies.

That light could be a part of the building (the door).
Looks imho more like a supermarket.

I agree, it doesn't look anything like a quintessential police car and that "light" looks more like a door to the building. The car itself looks more like my Civic then any police car I've seen. :p

I'd imagine an icon for a police station would involve a black and white car, obvious blaring red/blue lights or some sort of star shaped police badge. Just saying. :D

I'd imagine an icon for a police station would involve a black and white car, obvious blaring red/blue lights or some sort of star shaped police badge.

But you know, that black and white are not used everyywhere on this world, yes?

Pft! America-centrism! :rolleyes: ... :D

But honestly, it looks more as a family car even here in Europe. What does this icon represent then?
A supermarket? I doupt it. The car is too present at the picture.
A gas station? Other pictures than this would spring into mind.

But honestly, it looks more as a family car even here in Europe. What does this icon represent then?
A supermarket? I doupt it. The car is too present at the picture.
A gas station? Other pictures than this would spring into mind.

It is made by an American company. ;)

:) I know you are joking but I do feel like commenting on this.

A police car wouldn't look like a Civic /compact car as it is not what the public associates with police cars, even in places like Canada. The building in the back also looks far too colourful to be a police station. More like a supermarket, corner gas station or a retail outlet.

As for American-centric, I actually had been thinking about this and am quite amazed how muted the american centric stuff are. And the American civilization usually gets mediocre buffs. Civ is very much a love letter to the ancient civilizations of the fertile crescent and Roman era civs.

The greatest achievements of the US come in as national wonders in the last 3 games. Apollo and Manhattan project comes to mind. And for me , the Apollo program, is as great an engineering feet as the Pyramids, if not greater.

I sometimes read that Americans are more self-depricating than our European cousins (believe it or not). We tend to emphasize our own flaws, which isn't to say that we don't like to criticize others, but we criticize ourselves just as much.

We also have an appreciation for the cultural contributions of the nations from which we originated.

Yes. It's just what I've read. The articles in which the claim was made state that we go to great lengths to uncover and discuss our own flaws at great length rather than remain silent about them.

Top Bottom