Clan Of Embers Upkeep bug/query

Chigau Jiji

Chieftain
Loved FFH2, now just got into Wildmana, and love it too.
Aiming for MoM once I've got the hang of this...

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but couldn't find a better one...
Playing as Clan, I appear to be paying no upkeep for my army at all,
even for units in foreign lands. My only costs are civic upkeep, which is hardly anything. This was not the case in FFH2 as I recall.
I couldn't find any reference to changes in upkeep in the Civpedia.
Is this some kind of bug? Or some change in the Clan cos they are sort of "barbarian"?
All strategy guides for the CofE mention that paying the upkeep on a huge clan army
is a struggle.
With zero upkeep, why not just warrens-spam axemen until the world is crushed under the orcish heel?

Loved FFH2, now just got into Wildmana, and love it too.
Aiming for MoM once I've got the hang of this...

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but couldn't find a better one...
Playing as Clan, I appear to be paying no upkeep for my army at all,
even for units in foreign lands. My only costs are civic upkeep, which is hardly anything. This was not the case in FFH2 as I recall.
I couldn't find any reference to changes in upkeep in the Civpedia.
Is this some kind of bug? Or some change in the Clan cos they are sort of "barbarian"?
All strategy guides for the CofE mention that paying the upkeep on a huge clan army
is a struggle.
With zero upkeep, why not just warrens-spam axemen until the world is crushed under the orcish heel?

seems like a bug to me... iirc there has been changes due to the clan's worldspell to prevent them from crippling totally after casting it, but it has been so long that I played WM... all I do is MoM atm:D:D:D

Thanks for the reply.
Bug does seem quite likely, as I did cast the world spell,
and, from bitter experience, immediately checked to see how badly the economy was hit,
and was pleasantly surprised to find no upkeep.
I assumed this was cos all the world spell barbs were now treated
as special unpaid cases, great! Good idea.
But then 100 turns later, there's still no upkeep...
and my army is downright silly.
Reload.

Top Bottom