Welcome to Wildmana

Thanks a lot.

I too hope FFH will be ported to Civ5, but not right now, because my computer can hardly handle Civ4... Plus, I really enjoy the mod as is. :)

Hi, this seems like a dumb question even to me, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere, so here goes: does this work with FFH2? On the download page, it's billed as a modmod for FFH, not FFH2.

Thanks! So, will it cause any problems if I ALSO have FFH2 installed on the same machine?

Hi, this seems like a dumb question even to me, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere, so here goes: does this work with FFH2? On the download page, it's billed as a modmod for FFH, not FFH2.

Wild Mana is not a "scenario" that you play through FFH2 engine.
It is a completely separate game engine that was originally based on the FFH world.

Wild Mana is currently in a new BETA phase and once its released will be a completely new stand alone project.

I've been playing this lately... late in sampling the mod^2's, but I like. There's a lot of good stuff in here.

good to know you like it. it would not been possible without all the work done by the FFH team (and to a smaller degree the FFH/civ4 modding community in general).

Hello.

Great ModMod!
But today, I found something really weird about naval units: units that can't enter ocean can enter deep ocean. :crazyeye:
I don't suppose this is WAD... :lol:

good to know you like it. it would not been possible without all the work done by the FFH team (and to a smaller degree the FFH/civ4 modding community in general).

I've been playing FFH for a while now and would love to try this. However, the download link (WildMana.exe at wildmana.hengames.de) doesn't appear to be working. Does anyone know who to approach about this, or where else I could try to get the download from?

you are attemting to download wilmana 8.0 which is obsolete. for MoM you have to download from here:http://www.masterofmana.com/

I thought MoM was a essentially a new game, not a FFH mod like WildMana 8? I'm definitely planning to give MoM a try too (in fact I'm downloading it as I type). However, is it still possible to play WildMana 8? It'd be great to try FFH against some intelligent AI...

MoM is Wild Mana 9.0. It is still recognizably descended from FFH2.

It is mostly the same as WM8.x in content but with some significant changes to some game mechanics, especially the magic system. I won't go into the magic system changes here.

It also changes the improvement system some. The basic effects of the various improvements are the same, but often a bit stronger. You can build some of the ones that used to require a resource to be built on a plot on plots without them, and in that case it can spontaneously discover a new resource much like mines can (example: build a pasture on a plot with no resource and it might eventually create a sheep or horse resource on the plot, giving you the extra benefits of that). On the other hand, you don't want to build as many (and there is a limit that is somewhat enforced, but can be gotten around) because if you build too many they cost money to maintain. They can also have some other bad side effects, like cottages and the things they grow into cause unhealthiness in the nearby city.

It also adds some new "stockpileable" resources - they are produced in some amount per turn and accumulate until used much like the money does. These include mana, used for arcane magic, and piety (I think it is called) for the disciple units to use for their spells and such. There is also stone (mostly for producing buildings faster), wood (archers and some other thigns like palisades), leather (don't remember for sure - possibly speeds recon unit production), herbs (or whatever it is really called - the little leaf symbol - which speeds production of spellcsters), and metal (mele units). These speed the production of various things and are needed for various other things (example: to get the bronze weapon effect added to a unit you have to have some metal, not just access to copper).

The AI has also been updated to use all this stuff, and made smarter in general.

All of this is mentioned in various other places in the forums, and more (and probably more correctly).

But my point is that while there are all these things that are new, the bulk of the mod is pretty much the same as the last version of Wild Mana. It has mostly the same civilizations, leaders, units, religions, buildings, terrain, resources, world spells, etc.

That's exactly my point - some of the underlying game mechanics have been changed massively from version 8. While these may all be for the better, and I appreciate the amazing effort that has gone into them, I would still like to play the more familiar setting first.

Is it still possible to download the 'obsolete' version anywhere?

here

The biggest reason for the name change is that MoM has a nearly completly rewritten AI (only some minor things like Promotion AI or Power Calculation or Bonusvalue are the same). AI was always the heart of Wildmana mod and if you completly change that, might as well make a new mod.

Thanks! Unfortunately the install (which is ~12Mb: is that right?) doesn't seem to work for me. I get a "GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme" at starttime. I installed it in the default directory (and BTS and FFH2 0.41o are in the default directories too). Any idea what might be wrong? The only reference to this error online suggested reinstalling BTS, which I'll try at some point if there are no other suggestions.

I also installed MoM and it looks VERY pretty!!

Thanks again to everyone for all of their efforts!

Thanks! Unfortunately the install (which is ~12Mb: is that right?) doesn't seem to work for me. I get a "GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme" at starttime. I installed it in the default directory (and BTS and FFH2 0.41o are in the default directories too). Any idea what might be wrong? The only reference to this error online suggested reinstalling BTS, which I'll try at some point if there are no other suggestions.

I also installed MoM and it looks VERY pretty!!

Thanks again to everyone for all of their efforts!

It sounds like you are missing the core download which is Version 8.0 IIRC and over 400mb in size, the 12mb was probably the last patch 8.34 which installs over the core download. I would look for the old WildMana Download thread, hopefully the links are still good there, but I am not sure about that.

It sounds like you are missing the core download which is Version 8.0 IIRC and over 400mb in size, the 12mb was probably the last patch 8.34 which installs over the core download. I would look for the old WildMana Download thread, hopefully the links are still good there, but I am not sure about that.

Ah - that makes sense! Unfortunately the original link (wildmana.hengames.de/WildMana.exe) no longer works.

Top Bottom