Wildmana 9.0 beta

Sephi

Deity
I am a bit surprised about the great demand for an open beta, but the more feedback, all the better :D.

Unfortunatly there is no complete changelog, although the changelog listed in the first post of the download thread might give you an idea. Just to sum it up
  • New Magic System (about 50 global enchantments, 25 terraformings, 20 Summons, 20 Spell Auras on top of normal unit spells)
  • 2 more Civs (Aristrakh by tesb, Dural by Fall Further team +me)
  • new Improvement System (see thread about it)
  • Epic Destiny Victory Condition (Every civ has a unique victory Condition, for example win the game by bringing Armageddon to the world (Sheaim) or save up more Gold than anyone can dream of (Khazad)
  • lots of smaller bug fixes and AI updates
  • lots of other tweaks here and there (like Hippus+ module that allows you to enlist your units as mercenaries)

Spoiler few more screenshots :

The beta file is about 500mb and will install into FFH Wildmana beta folder, so you can play beta and regular Wildmana at the same time. I plan to upload an update for the beta every friday and it will consist whatever has been accomplished that week. But updates should be only about 30mb.

How to get the beta?

It's quite simply, you will need to have access to the beta forum. Which means you will need to make an account at the new Wildmana forum and then make a post in the beta access thread in the development subforum and then wait a bit until you have access to the subforum (I'll try to check the thread at least daily).

OMG I cannot access the website from work but I want to sign up so I can play it tomorrow!!!

OMG I cannot access the website from work but I want to sign up so I can play it tomorrow!!!

the site is currently not accessible right now because it is brand new, and the host service has it under review.

i get redirected all the time to 000 webhosting or sth like that.

another question: do i need to have the old wildmana installed to get the beta running or just the beta files?

Yes, seems like the host has taken the Wildmana site down for review.

another question: do i need to have the old wildmana installed to get the beta running or just the beta files?

As far as I understood Sephi's original post, you do not. The Beta download is a 500 MB download so it contains the stand-alone wildmana. It will be installed in a separate directory and will run independently of the vanilla wildmana

i get redirected all the time to 000 webhosting or sth like that.

unfortunatly yes. alternatively you could rename the FFH Wildmana Beta folder to FFH Wildmana but I don't know if I can load any savegames from you then.

gave access to the first group. Will check again later.

the site is currently not accessible right now because it is brand new, and the host service has it under review.

let me know if the site causes any more issues. I picked one that is ad-free and has good reviews, but I guess only time will tell.

Signed and downloaded the beta. Will finish the download in...another eight hour! Oh joy of the (slow connection) internet...

BTW, does this means WM move into the new forum or you would maintain both, Sephi?

watermills dont grant the bonus hammers. they are granted on the plot but the city doesnt realize it

Top Bottom