More different Arquebus unit styles

Serastrasz

Chieftain
As much as i like gunpowder units to crush my enemy i hate seeing those crappy looking arquebuse units nearly every civ is using. The dwarven style is a nice change.
But don´t get me wrong, the unit looks good, but in my opinion it doesnt fit the style of most of the other civs while good fitting for Lanun and Grigori.

As an example: For the Bannor I see an arquebus in bannor champion style. A bit less armored but the same style would be really nice ;)

Unfortunately I do not have the expertise to create such a unit, but maybe someone else can.

Feel free to post your own thoughts on more diverse Arquebus units ;)

EDIT: List of ideas postet in this thread.

Bannor: - Champion style maybe a bit less armored.
Elohim: - "less mercenaryish and be clad in classic Elohim colours" (maybe elohim champion)
Balseraph - "landsknecht" theme, being dressed as brightly and flamboyantly as the landsknechts were

I just use the Oromo Warrior for the Malakim. (Teutorix is already an Oromo reskin). Barring that, we could always borrow the Egyptian musket from Varietas Delectat (or the Arabian one, for those who prefer a more Arabic themed Malakim).

For the Bannor I see an arquebus in bannor champion style

I agree here, it'd be nice.

Elohim one should look less mercenaryish and be clad in classic Elohim colours.

Balseraph one should go full ahead with a "landsknecht" theme, being dressed as brightly and flamboyantly as the landsknechts were.

As much as i like gunpowder units to crush my enemy i hate seeing those crappy looking arquebuse units nearly every civ is using. The dwarven style is a nice change.
But don´t get me wrong, the unit looks good, but in my opinion it doesnt fit the style of most of the other civs while good fitting for Lanun and Grigori.

As an example: For the Bannor I see an arquebus in bannor champion style. A bit less armored but the same style would be really nice ;)

Unfortunately I do not have the expertise to create such a unit, but maybe someone else can.

Feel free to post your own thoughts on more diverse Arquebus units ;)

Do you know how to mod the artdefines? If so, you don't really need to know how to model, unless you're looking for something really specific. Just search the model database on this very site. Some possible ones:

Grigori

Doviello
Hippus/Amurites
Malakim

And I just found those in 5 minutes.

I agree here, it'd be nice.
Nice to read someone shares my opinion ;)

Elohim one should look less mercenaryish and be clad in classic Elohim colours.

Balseraph one should go full ahead with a "landsknecht" theme, being dressed as brightly and flamboyantly as the landsknechts were.

These are really nice ideas. I concure with your opinons.

To Onionsoilder: Yes it´s been a while but I know how to import units into a mod, but for FfH i wish some special style units especially for the bannor which I like the most^^

The unit you found fitting for the malakim looks really good indeed. ;)

Top Bottom