Release Date: Wildmana as a "standalone" mod (aka Wildmana 9.0)

How did it go? Any nice news expecting in a future? Did Shafer like the idea of making stand alone CIV5 fantasy like commercial expansion? Does he know how big success had FFH2 ?

This is realy understandable why you are tired of working with the someone's world. You want to create your own world. But from other point of view Fall From Heaven is a 450k huge brand already!!!! This name is awesomely known and awesomely hardcore dark-fantasy genius! If Derek gives you permission to use it in new CIV5 fantasy commercial expansion..then why not to take the this name? I think he would be glade to give you his "blessing" to use this name. It would make this name super alive again!...It is really sad that FFH2 is dying since he works only on Elemental now.

Sorry for the off top :crazyeye:. Don't know where to post it. I want Sephi also to read this.

There are lots of mods for Civ4 that are actually better than CIV4 Colonization (a commercial expansion). Of course without Civ4 as a commercial foundation these mods would not been possible, but simply making something commercial does not increase the quality. Game Development is still art to a large degree.

Kael already stated that he wants to produce a new Fall from Heaven game in the distant future, no need to worry about it dying.

Master of Mana, i wasn't expecting this, thoroughly captivating.

Perhaps if some of u beta testers could make a game post (AAR) in this forum to practically demonstrate some of the factors. Like a tutorial teaser.
Not that I need it urgently, I'm playing on emperor and its going really well still I think i might be missing some of the mechanics.

Anyway this mod definitely feels like FFH3! or rather IS FFH3. :D

Wow, what timing! This might be enough to actually get me back into Civ. For a while, I was wondering if the whole FfH modscene had quit for civ 5.

Great to hear about WM 'graduating' to stand-alone status. Go Sephi!

[to_xp]Gekko;10002169 said:
no worries, Master of Mana 1.0 will have a manual to explain everything :D

Manuals of PC video games that explain everything do not exist. ;)

The Manual will just be a helping hand for new players who have no idea how to get into the Magic screen or that something like Spell Research exists. (yeah you can also figure out all of this by just playing but some people prefere Manual). I might also make a Tutorial Gameoption one day that adds some events which explain stuff to you while you play.

It's 3pm in korea.

I only hope sephi upload Master of Mana before he sleep. :)

Sephi,

I came home from work where I today had to tell 12 lawyersassicurators sth about medicine and went out with a won case with a bitter sweet crappy taste in the end. So, to sum it up... I am at home, have beer, chips and pizza, (yes, I love my body... normally, but today is a bad day - Never thought that winning actually doesn't feel like winning...)my wife is at her parents' home and I want to play. :cry::cry::cry:

Aaaaaand NOW!
and....... now!
now!

Aaaaaand..... Now!

Aaaaaand NOW!
and....... now!
now!

Aaaaaand..... Now!

nnnnnnnnow. now. and..... now. come on. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow. Bad bad Sephi. But.... nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncomeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow.

Oy.

First MAF turn 80. Got worse form there until 250, happening every 5 turns or so. Always during saves this time.

Map was small, as compared to the usual standard I play.

:(

I don't think it's graphics.

Oy.

First MAF turn 80. Got worse form there until 250, happening every 5 turns or so. Always during saves this time.

Map was small, as compared to the usual standard I play.

:(

I don't think it's graphics.

What civ do you play? Upload the game in the www.masterofmana.com - forum in the bug-section (you find it in the development thread).

I played now tons of games but normally never got a maf or a ctd. Just with one leader of the illians (the greedy guy) i got ctds, it happened sometimes when I used the "tame"-ability of my units. But this is an already reported and known bug.

So please upload the game if the maf is repeatable. Sephi is fixing bug at an awesome speed:D

99% times there is not a thing that sephi can do about mafs. As the mods get bigger, they happen more often. Not mod problem, civ 4 problem, and your computer's.

If you have under 2gb of ram or If you are using 32bit os, have over 2gb ram, and haven't tried fiddling around with your computers unmentionables, you shouldn't even post about these things.

99% times there is not a thing that sephi can do about mafs. As the mods get bigger, they happen more often. Not mod problem, civ 4 problem, and your computer's.

If you have under 2gb of ram or If you are using 32bit os, have over 2gb ram, and haven't tried fiddling around with your computers unmentionables, you shouldn't even post about these things.

I have a 32-bit, with 2gb. I already know about the 3gb thing. I was just posting to say the MAF's have got much worse. I know there is nothing Sephi can do about it.

The only bright side is they always happen during WOC, so it may help pinpoint exactly what is causing the memory fragmentation.

At this point, it is about turn 220, and I have to stop, because there is a MAF every turn. I actually played about 20 turns where I would save, get MAF, restart MoM, one more turn, MAF, reload, etc. In Wildmana 8.3, it wasn't until about turn 400 on a standard map where MAFs got this bad.

actually there is quite a lot that can be done:
1) deletion of unused files: there are quite a bit, for example the scions have a lot of *.nifs in their folder that are not used

2) texture optimization: some files use far too big textures, a good example would be the haunted lands. the trees in this *.nif use a 1024*1024 texture where a 128*128 or even a 64*64 texture could suffice.

3) nif optimization, together with the second point there is quite some room so *.nifs don't use small parts of a lot of different textures, but only one merged texture. that mostly happens when modders, merge parts from different nifs but don't merge the textures.

i have talked with sephi over this topic and we agree that this will be quite important to us in the future. currently sephi deletes unused files and i will be going through them again when i come home. if everything works fine a patch coming february should reduce the momory usage quite a bit.

Top Bottom