Idea: Great Philosophers

pretty the similar ideas were stated here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=391979

my vision of great philosophers (or name them great thinkers maybe?):
philosopher's points are accumulated by judge :)c5happy:+1, :c5greatperson:+2) and priest :)c5happy:+1, :c5greatperson:+1, :c5culture:+1)

possible name list:
Hammurabi
Solomon
Plato
Epicurus
Solon
Jesus Christ
Gautama Buddha
Laozi
Confucius
Machiavelli
Francis Bacon
Sir Thomas More
Thomas Hobbes
John Locke
Voltaire
Rousseau
Proudhon
Karl Marx
Friedrich Nietzsche
Sigmund Freud
Carl Jung
Martin Luther King
George Orwell
Kurt Vonnegut
Isaac Asimov

All this happiness stuff really doesn't fit philosophers (taken collectively) nor philsosophy as a field as science/technology does scientists and culture does artists, etc. I think either a different effect or a different name for the great person would be more appropriate.

All this happiness stuff really doesn't fit philosophers (taken collectively) nor philsosophy as a field as science/technology does scientists and culture does artists, etc. I think either a different effect or a different name for the great person would be more appropriate.

Yeah, that's the reason behind the idea to switch the Great Artist benefits to happiness and the Great Philosopher benefits to culture (i.e. social policies). :)

Camikaze did you ever play CIV3 ? I like the SP idea and the CS should be made an ally even if they are at war with you. However, the random not so good. How about having the philosopher build a landmark where it would boost a permanent 2 happiness,1 science, and. 1 Gold, or culture. :lol::eek::mischief::scan:

Camikaze did you ever play CIV3 ? I like the SP idea and the CS should be made an ally even if they are at war with you. However, the random not so good. How about having the philosopher build a landmark where it would boost a permanent 2 happiness,1 science, and. 1 Gold, or culture. :lol::eek::mischief::scan:

I think landmarks should add happiness and possibly a bit of culture. Currently, by the time that you get a Great Artist, +4 Culture is insignificant.

Edit: Double post, sorry!

Happiness Landmarks would make for a great addition to the game as long as they keep a empire wide effect.:king:

Yeah, that would seem a possibility, too. You're right that random elements are not so good, so I guess the permanency of GP built improvements is a good thing.

Acknowledge Knight we go forward into uncharted territories for the sake of our likes. Let's not fail a comprimise,yet,conquer ignorance within all our resources for "Violence is the last recourse of the incompetent".

Top Bottom