Civilization Request Thread

There is not a Massalia Civ if I'm correct.

Love your Elam design. Though I feel like there's too much Great Work slots (You should probably be more specific too like what slot it is for). Also, if you can, you should find the Elamite name for the Suburb. I might ask R8XFT if he is interested in these but since Anno Domini is getting pretty close to be finished, he might not have the space for them :(.

Well I wanted the Great Work slots to be artefact slots, but you don't unlock them till later in the game, so I've left them open. Tried looking for a native name for suburbs, but didn't find anything. Anno Domini already has an Elam civ, but it's quite differant from my version.

Well I wanted the Great Work slots to be artefact slots, but you don't unlock them till later in the game, so I've left them open. Tried looking for a native name for suburbs, but didn't find anything. Anno Domini already has an Elam civ, but it's quite differant from my version.

Yeah I've actually kept up with Anno Domini. Can you explain what the Elamite suburb was? Can't seem to find it.
But I was working on Narbonensis and I accidentally made an awesome Massalia design so I will be posting that after the French Gaul Provinces (Which will be released soon ;)).

Yeah I've actually kept up with Anno Domini. Can you explain what the Elamite suburb was? Can't seem to find it.
But I was working on Narbonensis and I accidentally made an awesome Massalia design so I will be posting that after the French Gaul Provinces (Which will be released soon ;)).

So around 1950 BC the Elamites had a new ruler, Kindattu who reunified Susa and Anshan (a major town in the region) and changed his title from King of Susa and Anshan to Grand Regent. He did a bunch of other reforms and created or guided the creation of a major suburb north of Susa. To quote the book the houses in the suburbs looked like this. "Houses were grouped in blocks, seperated by well-defined streets. Each house had a fireplace, used for cooking and heating in winter. Most of the houses were fitted with latrines with a drainage course to carry away waste water, and many of the inhabitants enjoyed the luxury of a bathroom with a terracotta bath. One house contained it's own private chapel - a tiny sanctuary housing a huge altar, elaborately decorated with reliefs. Tombs were dug underneath the houses, and fitted out with funeral furniture."

I'd guess you were talking about Narbonensis, just didn't have time to reply. So you accidently made a Massalia civ? Let's see how it turned out along with your Gaul provinces.

@Sgtwolf00 This is a history of Massalia that you might be interested in. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670165-Radious-Mod-AAR-A-History-of-Massalia

Yes that you for showing me this, it looks quite interesting.

Anyway:
Spoiler :

This Wednesday:

So it's being released today?

So around 1950 BC the Elamites had a new ruler, Kindattu who reunified Susa and Anshan (a major town in the region) and changed his title from King of Susa and Anshan to Grand Regent. He did a bunch of other reforms and created or guided the creation of a major suburb north of Susa. To quote the book the houses in the suburbs looked like this. "Houses were grouped in blocks, seperated by well-defined streets. Each house had a fireplace, used for cooking and hearing in winter. Most of the houses were fitted with latrines with a drainage course to carry away waste water, and many of the inhabitants enjoyed the luxury of a bathroom with a terracotta bath. One house contained it's own private chapel - a tiny sanctuary housing a huge altar, elaborately decorated with reliefs. Tombs were dug underneath the houses, and fitted out with funeral furniture."

I'd guess you were talking about Narbonensis, just didn't have time to reply. So you accidently made a Massalia civ? Let's see how it turned out along with your Gaul provinces.

So it's being released today?

Interesting with Elam. What I did is made Narbonensis based off of Massalia (Which doesn't make sense because Narbo became a better port and we're talking about the Romans here. They don't follow old ways.) But yes, today is the release date! So here we are:

Also no, it wasn't Narbonensis, it was Aquitania :p.

We have One Military Civ, One tall Expansionist Civ (Sound weird, I know :crazyeye:), A interesting expansionist civ, and a gold and culture/civ relation civ.

Gallia Aquitania: Gallicorum Dona (Gaul's Gifts): When you settle a city (Besides your capital), a resource spawns near the city in which it was founded (Ranging from Bonus to Strategic) and provide a large amount of a random yield in the capital.

Cuniculi Aquitanorum (Mine Of Aquitania): Replaces the Mine. Provides +1 :c5production: and :c5culture:. It also takes 25% less time to build it.

Gallicus Servus (Gallic Slave): Replaces the Worker. Receive a free one when you capture a city and is 50% cheaper. Has +1 :c5moves: and can be expended in a city to provide a boost of :c5production: to the city.

Narbonensis: Tertullus: Mercatores Romarum (Traders of Rome): Trade Routes with a civ that you have a declaration of friendship with provide a major influence boost. Border Friction provide no relations malus. +5% :c5gold: and :c5culture: in every city for each civ you are friends with.

Legio Patronus (Legion Protector): Replaces the Swordsman. Has a higher :c5strength: (16) and is a little more expensive to build. Gets a bonus for attacking and provides less warmongering penalties when you capture a city with a Legio Patronus.

Romana Caravanna (Roman Caravan): Replaces the Caravan. Has 50% more range along roads and provides a large sum of :c5culture: and :c5gold: when the trade route ends.

Lugdunensis: Vindex. Tres Galliae (The Three Gauls): Signing a Declaration Of Friendship, Declaring War, or founding a city provides a large amount of :c5culture:. Can spend :c5culture: to purchase settlers and courthouses. -30% :c5angry: from settling cities.

Concilium Galliorum (Council Of Gaul): Replaces the Palace. Besides the regular bonuses, :c5angry: from number of cities and :c5occupied: is reduced by 15% and provides the capital with a boost to unit :c5production: (30%).

Diocesis (Diocese): Replaces the Monument. Provides +1 :c5faith: besides the +2 :c5culture: and -10% :c5angry: from number of :c5citizen:.

Gallia Belgica: Asiaticus: Terra Multae Gentum (Land of Many Tribes) : Whenever a military unit is produced, the unit gains a unique promotion. Sources of Horses provide +15 XP for units produced in the city that’s working the source (Max 2).

Remi Eques (Remi Horsemen): Unique Horseman that gets no terrain penalties from forests and jungles and whenever you garrison one in a city, :c5angry: from the city is reduced by 75%. Slightly stronger :c5strength: than the regular horseman (16).

Nervius Bellator (Nervius Warrior): Replaces the Swordsman. Get’s a bonus for defending and attacking and gets double :c5moves: in forest and jungle. Does not require Iron.

I didn't give the real names but if a person asks, I'll give it. I'll put the english names for next time (Massalia will have English names, since Latin wasn't a part of them). Massalia will be here by Monday. Just depends when I feel like this is checked for anything that needs to be edited.

Also no, it wasn't Narbonensis, it was Aquitania :p. We have One Military Civ, One tall Expansionist Civ (Sound weird, I know :crazyeye:), A interesting expansionist civ, and a gold and culture/civ relation civ.

I was close enough, these all sound interesting especially the contradictory sound tall expansionist civ.

Gallia Aquitania: Gallicorum Dona: When you settle a city (Besides your capital), a resource spawns near the city in which it was founded (Ranging from Bonus to Strategic) and provide a large amount of a random yield in the capital.

Cuniculi Aquitanorum: Replaces the Mine. Provides +1 :c5production: and :c5culture: and at Iron Working, it becomes +2 :c5production:. It also takes 25% less time to build it.

Gallicus Servus: Replaces the Worker. Receive a free one when you capture a city and is 50% cheaper. Has +1 :c5moves: and can be expended in a city to provide a boost of :c5production: to the city.

Ok so the UA we've talked about already. It's a pretty solid UA (and can be extremely powerfull at times). That mine replacement is quite strong though, (especially if you combine this mine replacement with salt (which you might get due to the UA), chemistry and a pantheon you get OP tiles that would make /r/civcirclejerk only to pleased to to know about). The worker replacement looks to be very useful.

Narbonensis: Tertullus: Mercatores Romae: Trade Routes with a civ that you have a declaration of friendship with provide a major influence boost. Border Friction provide no relations malus. +5% :c5gold: and :c5culture: in every city for each civ you are friends with.

Legio Patronus: Replaces the Swordsman. Has a higher :c5strength: (16) and is a little more expensive to build. Gets a bonus for attacking and provides less warmongering penalties when you capture a city with a Legio Patronus.

Romana Caravanna: Replaces the Caravan. Has 50% more range along roads and provides a large sum of :c5culture: and :c5gold: when the trade route ends.

Now we move to Narbonensis and with it a question. With the UA you get relation boost to civs you have trade routes with? Because the way you've worded it, it sounds like it's something about CS and not major civs, no border friction penalty is nice. A unit that doesn't create warmongering penalty is quite the little beauty to have, (especially if you're like me and you spawn next to a warmongerer and have to wipe them out by the classical era). The Romana Carvanna sounds like fun to use.

Lugdunensis: Vindex. Tres Galliae: Signing a Declaration Of Friendship, Declaring War, or founding a city provides a large amount of :c5culture:. Can spend :c5culture: to purchase settlers and courthouses. No :c5angry: from settling cities.

Concilium Galliorum: Replaces the Palace. :c5angry: from number of cities and :c5occupied: is reduced by 15% and provides the capital with a boost to unit :c5production:.

Diocesis: Replaces the Monument. Provides +1 :c5faith: besides the +2 :c5culture: and -10% :c5angry: from number of :c5citizen:.

Now we have Lugdunensis who's all about not being unhappy, ionsaying that though I feel that getting no unhappiness from settling cities can be something that both the player and the AI can abuse. So it might be better to put a percentage on it instead of a flat no penalty penalty. What yields does the palace have? Is it only a boost to production, and if so have much?

Gallia Belgica: Asiaticus: Terra Multae Gentum: Whenever a military unit is produced, the unit gains a unique promotion. Sources of Horses provide Gallia Belgica for units produced in the city that’s working the source.

Remi Eques: Unique Horseman that gets no terrain penalties from forests and jungles and whenever you garrison one in a city, :c5angry: from the city is reduced by 75%. Slightly stronger :c5strength: than the regular horseman (16).

Nervius Bellator: Replaces the Swordsman. Get’s a bonus for defending and attacking and gets double :c5moves: in forest and jungle. Does not require Iron.

Now we have Gallia Belgica who are simple and straight to the point. All military units get a unique promotion when created (like the Kris swordsman) which can lead to interesting units and battles, plus the 15% XP gained if the city is working a source of horses. Thinking about it if a city that has a source of horses being worked plus all the military training buildings plus Brandenburg Gate and all policies in the Honor tree unlocked then the military units that come out of this city will be super strong! It be best to wipe these guys out early, the Remi Eques and the Nervius Bellator are nice replacements for their respective units.

I didn't give the real names but if a person asks, I'll give it. I'll put the English names for next time (Massalia will have English names, since Latin wasn't a part of them). Massalia will be here by Monday. Just depends when I feel like this is checked for anything that needs to be edited.

I would like to see all the Engish names, (if you can be bothered/ aren't busy). So Massalia is on Monday? Might post something on Monday then to complement Massalia, but what do you mean by, "Just depends when I feel like this is checked for anything that needs to be edited."

I was close enough, these all sound interesting especially the contradictory sound tall expansionist civ.

Ok so the UA we've talked about already. It's a pretty solid UA (and can be extremely powerfull at times). That mine replacement is quite strong though, (especially if you combine this mine replacement with salt (which you might get due to the UA), chemistry and a pantheon you get OP tiles that would make /r/civcirclejerk only to pleased to to know about). The worker replacement looks to be very useful.

Now we move to Narbonensis and with it a question. With the UA you get relation boost to civs you have trade routes with? Because the way you've worded it, it sounds like it's something about CS and not major civs, no border friction penalty is nice. A unit that doesn't create warmongering penalty is quite the little beauty to have, (especially if you're like me and you spawn next to a warmongerer and have to wipe them out by the classical era). The Romana Carvanna sounds like fun to use.

Now we have Lugdunensis who's all about not being unhappy, ionsaying that though I feel that getting no unhappiness from settling cities can be something that both the player and the AI can abuse. So it might be better to put a percentage on it instead of a flat no penalty penalty. What yields does the palace have? Is it only a boost to production, and if so have much?

Now we have Gallia Belgica who are simple and straight to the point. All military units get a unique promotion when created (like the Kris swordsman) which can lead to interesting units and battles, plus the 15% XP gained if the city is working a source of horses. Thinking about it if a city that has a source of horses being worked plus all the military training buildings plus Brandenburg Gate and all policies in the Honor tree unlocked then the military units that come out of this city will be super strong! It be best to wipe these guys out early, the Remi Eques and the Nervius Bellator are nice replacements for their respective units.

I would like to see all the Engish names, (if you can be bothered/ aren't busy). So Massalia is on Monday? Might post something on Monday then to complement Massalia, but what do you mean by, "Just depends when I feel like this is checked for anything that needs to be edited."
Aquitania:
I guess eliminating the extra production for the mine would be fine. It's just the culture that would be getting added (Which is perfectly fine).
Narbonensis:
It means that if you make a trade route with a civ that you are friends with, it provide more brownie points.
Lugdunensis:
Will change unhappiness modifier to 30% for settling cities. Palace provides regular bonuses (I was gonna make it have more culture but that was too much IMO).
Unit Production will be 25% boost (Should've put that in).
Gallica Belgica:
I can put in a max of sources of Horses so it wouldn't be that op (i.e. Max 2).

Massalia: I mean that if the ideas are all fine and dandy for the Gauls then Monday I'll release Massalia.

Changes will be edited so you should see them.
EDIT: Changed Latin Case Names (Genitive Plural vs. Genitive Singular)

Aquitania:
I guess eliminating the extra production for the mine would be fine. It's just the culture that would be getting added (Which is perfectly fine).

Yeah taking out the extra production you get from iron working would probaly be best..

Narbonensis:
It means that if you make a trade route with a civ that you are friends with, it provide more brownie points.

Ah ok that makes sense.

Lugdunensis:
Will change unhappiness modifier to 30% for settling cities. Palace provides regular bonuses (I was gonna make it have more culture but that was too much IMO).
Unit Production will be 25% boost (Should've put that in).

Yes that's good, so now the palace will provide it's normal yields plus a 25% production towards units, or do you get that production bonus from the UA and not from the palace?

Gallica Belgica:
I can put in a max of sources of Horses so it wouldn't be that op (i.e. Max 2).

Ah so for example a unit will only get extra experience if the city it was produced from works 2 sources of horses.

Massalia: I mean that if the ideas are all fine and dandy for the Gauls then Monday I'll release Massalia.

I had a feeling that's what you meant, I might release a civ on Monday as either a complementary civ for Massalia like the Ligurian Republic. Or release something completely different, like a Principality of Theodoro civ.

Changes will be edited so you should see them.
EDIT: Changed Latin Case Names (Genitive Plural vs. Genitive Singular)

Yes thank you for that, really appreciated!

Also I like how we're the only two people doing something on this thread :lol:.

I posted an Elam design a few pages ago!!!!! :blush:

Yes that's good, so now the palace will provide it's normal yields plus a 25% production towards units, or do you get that production bonus from the UA and not from the palace?

Ah so for example a unit will only get extra experience if the city it was produced from works 2 sources of horses.

I had a feeling that's what you meant, I might release a civ on Monday as either a complementary civ for Massalia like the Ligurian Republic. Or release something completely different, like a Principality of Theodoro civ.

Also I like how we're the only two people doing something on this thread :lol:.

You get experience from each source of horses. Maxing it at 2 will prevent humongous experience boost. Palace will provide the unit production boost for Gallia Lugdenensis.

For Ligurian Republic you are doing Genoa correct? Ligurian Tribe would interesting (If I can find 20+ cities with Ligurian city names). Theodoro is also very interesting. I'm actually excited for that one.

I actually find that amusing that we are the only ones talking. Though I feel like people are watching the thread (As Natan35 has).

Really? Where, which page?

For Elam, I'd suggest something like this:

UA: Raiders of the two rivers
Gain extra :c5gold: gold and :c5culture: culture upon conquering an enemy :c5capital: capital per each unique structure* present there. All cities receive :c5production: production towards religious buildings per each follower present in them when you construct units or raze other cities.

UB: Statue
Replaces temple. While providing less :c5faith: faith by itself, its unlocked slightly earlier at construction and grants +1 :c5faith: faith per each :c5capital: capital you own. +3 :c5culture: culture if the city has a wonder.

UU: ?
Replaces warrior. Has the "First to conquer" promotion, which stays on upgrade and grants it +1 :c5strength: strength in friendly territory per each city you occupy. Temporarily improves any luxury its stationed on.

Here.

You get experience from each source of horses. Maxing it at 2 will prevent humongous experience boost. Palace will provide the unit production boost for Gallia Lugdenensis.

Oh I see, yeah that makes it better.

For Ligurian Republic you are doing Genoa correct? Ligurian Tribe would interesting (If I can find 20+ cities with Ligurian city names). Theodoro is also very interesting. I'm actually excited for that one.

I was actually refering to the French client state that Napoleon had created during his conquest, the Ligurian tribe might be interesting to do. Since you're so eager to see a Theodoro civ (and beacuse I haven't seen any one else do it or talk about it) I'll post my idea sometime this week.

I actually find that amusing that we are the only ones talking. Though I feel like people are watching the thread (As Natan35 has).
Mossad is always watching, always.

Oh I see, yeah that makes it better.

I was actually refering to the French client state that Napoleon had created during his conquest, the Ligurian tribe might be interesting to do. Since you're so eager to see a Theodoro civ (and beacuse I haven't seen any one else do it or talk about it) I'll post my idea sometime this week.

Mossad is always watching, always.

Napoleon Client State is interesting. Can't wait for Theodoro :D. Maybe we are being watched by the Mossad. Or maybe we are being watched by Natan. But what if they're both watching us :borg:. Then that brings up another question. Is there one person watching us, or more? :wow:

I'm watching, just been to lazy to comment.

I'm watching, just been to lazy to comment.

Might as well starts checklist now. So we have Mossad and ex-KGB agents watching us. Anyone else want to let us now your spying upon us?

Austria Split
Leader: Maximilian I
UA: Habsburg Marriage
Receive an influence bonus with all friendly or allied city states whenever a city in the empire starts celebrating 'We Love the King Day'. May annex allied city states for a large gold sum.

UU: Kaiserliche
Though slightly more expensive to build than the longswordman, which it replaces, the Kaiserliche receives a +5% bonus to production for each allied city state. Receives a +15% combat bonus when adjacent to allied city state units.

UB: Jagdschloss
Replaces the castle, and provides slightly lower defensive strength. However, it provides +2 gold on sources of deer, truffles or fur and provides +1 happiness if built adjacent to a forest or jungle tile.

I am actually interested in this design and want to make it later.

but what is a Kaiserliche? Kaiserliche is not a noun but an adjective like 'imperial' or 'royal', I think?

It's Monday! Which means Massalia. Focuses on gold and being either tall or wide.

Massila: Zenon: Greek Traditions: Cities get 50% bonus to their :c5gold: production and -5% for each city founded (Besides the Capital. Minimum 15%). Receive a free Roman Defender when you research Iron Working. Time to build civilian units reduced by 25%.

Greek Colonist: Replaces Settler. Can Embark Instantly and has double movement :c5moves: while embarked. When a city is settled, it provides a large sum of :c5gold: in the capital.

Roman Defender: Replaces Swordsman. Is slightly stronger :c5strength: than the regular swordsman (15). Does not require Iron. Gets a combat bonus for defending and whenever war breaks out, a Roman Defender appears in every city (Obsolete with Steel).

Top Bottom