Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info about getting piety:

Because Piety is a constantly decreasing value, it's important to know how you get Piety. The primary way to get piety is through the Inquisition Process; a new process like Wealth or Research that all cities must be constructing in order to grant +1 Piety per city. This is the most reliable means of counteracting the piety decay rate, but certainly the most demanding. Therefore, there are a number of alternative ways to get piety: Decisions, Events, Policies, and Beliefs all confer ways to get Piety. In addition, whenever another Civilization or Religious City-State adopts your State Religion, all followers of that State Religion gain a one-time boost to Piety, and when you conquer a city with followers of your State Religion under the control of a heathen, you gain piety equal to the number of followers 'liberated'.

For the most part, you'll find that heresy (the lowest level of your piety) will only trouble the negligent, or those devoted to the religion game (those who would go on to found a Religious Institution). It is an excellent way to play the religion game passively, however; to gain the benefits of a religion too far away for the AI to ever spread to you.

Piety is also afforded as a percentage of the Piety you lack; so Piety you earn from a decision will be greater the lower your level. This precludes the need for the system to adjust to game speed.

Sort of, but it's relatively featureless. Pagans will be disliked by - some - leaders with a State Religion, and Pagans have access to a unique decision (which varies depending upon what Pantheon you choose; "Perform Sacred Mysteries," "Perform Fertility Rites", etc. :p), and, of course, you're noted as Pagan in the UI. Otherwise, there's not much to it. I'm open to ideas, but don't think there's much room for improvement. You've always got Lithuania for the full, pagan experience :)

Does P&P feature any form of paganism?

Sort of, but it's relatively featureless. Pagans will be disliked by - some - leaders with a State Religion, and Pagans have access to a unique decision (which varies depending upon what Pantheon you choose; "Perform Sacred Mysteries," "Perform Fertility Rites", etc. :p), and, of course, you're noted as Pagan in the UI. Otherwise, there's not much to it. I'm open to ideas, but don't think there's much room for improvement. You've always got Lithuania for the full, pagan experience :)

I'm confused, does that mean we might be penalized for choosing a specific religion in game (i.e. Hinduism, Taoism, Tengriism, Shinto, all of which are technically "paganism" vs. say the Christianities, Judaism, and Islam).

Wow I don't know, it is kinda hard what to suggest considering I don't know what we are limited to, maybe "Expend Pantheon" option for the Great Prophet which allows you to add an additional pantheon belief, I have more idea to expend upon this but I have bad feeling that this is not possible so I just want a confirmation. :sad:

Pagan in the general sense of a disorganised religion, not in the sense of non-Abrahamic religions.

Wow I don't know, it is kinda hard what to suggest considering I don't know what we are limited to, maybe "Expend Pantheon" option for the Great Prophet which allows you to add an additional pantheon belief, I have more idea to expend upon this but I have bad feeling that this is not possible so I just want a confirmation. :sad:

It is possible, I think - though complicated - but probably not really compatible with the principle of the mod, and I don't want to overload it with superfluous mechanics unrelating to Piety.

I'm confused, does that mean we might be penalized for choosing a specific religion in game (i.e. Hinduism, Taoism, Tengriism, Shinto, all of which are technically "paganism" vs. say the Christianities, Judaism, and Islam).

Pagan = Pantheon belief only not a Religion, this is confusing because the idea of religion in Civ 5 is very limited to what it is in real life.

It is possible, I think - though complicated - but probably not really compatible with the principle of the mod, and I don't want to overload it with superfluous mechanics unrelating to Piety.
You could always make it that it does! ;)
But I guessed that you will disagree about creating a whole new religious system at such an early state, now I can only (start learning Lua) wait.

You assume correctly; there is no compatibility issues with any mod that adds new religions.
What about the More Pantheons addon?

So, any progress on this mod?

Yes, some progress; but nothing really of note. I want to release a beta after I finish the Decisions, Events, and figure out how to improve performance issues with changing one's State Religion - the game stalls a bit when doing so. It's not a large problem, as changing one's State Religion is a once-per-era thing, but it's still disconcerting. This won't include Religious Institutions or Belief changes, and will be used to gauge piety balance.

Hi JFD, brilliant project, I will definitely use it.

One question: Is it possible to link a religious institution to more than one religion?
So that it can be used with more religious denominations (using Tomatekh amazing work, for example).

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

EDIT: sorry, reding the past comments I realized the Rel. Inst. is not linked to a religion but to a Wonder, never mind.

Hi JFD, brilliant project, I will definitely use it.

One question: Is it possible to link a religious institution to more than one religion?
So that it can be used with more religious denominations (using Tomatekh amazing work, for example).

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

EDIT: sorry, reding the past comments I realized the Rel. Inst. is not linked to a religion but to a Wonder, never mind.

Yes. As awkward and ahistorical as it may be, it is in keeping with the spirit of civ to have an Islamic Papacy or a Hermetic Caliphate :p

Extremely excited to see and play this once it is ready to roll. REALLY love mods that dive the game deeper than the very superficial, un-modded, original versions (Vanilla, G&K, BNW), especially nuances that make the game more historically accurate and/or realistic. Pretty much subscribe to everything you do. You are definitely my current favorite modder (although William Howard used to be, however I am not sure if that guy is still actively modding or not). Between your Civs and mods, his unit / UI mods, and a couple various other mod Wonders and tweeks, I will be playing Civ5 for potentially as long as I live (and if I play on some of the extremely extended, longer-than-Marathon mods, it may take that long to finish a game :crazyeye:). Enough of the a$$ kissing... time to go home and play more Civ5.5

Hey dude, I have a suggestion well an option rather, is it possible to make sure that religions can only be founded by certain civilizations? it would be awesome ot have an option for this, as sometimes I dont like it when English found Buddhism, In my games I like a bit of real historic history. Anyway would be good if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom