(3UC) 3rd Unique Component Project

nice mod but is it compatible with the events and decisions mod? because i was russia and i already had stretly and there is an event that says reform the army or something, and it supposed to give u 6 musketman, the strestly are musketmen but when the 6 spawened they were the vanilla musketmen. the same with persias clibinarii and the chatarpctact decision.

nice mod but is it compatible with the events and decisions mod? because i was russia and i already had stretly and there is an event that says reform the army or something, and it supposed to give u 6 musketman, the strestly are musketmen but when the 6 spawened they were the vanilla musketmen. the same with persias clibinarii and the chatarpctact decision.
It depends entirely on how the lua code within E&D reads. If it says "UNIT_MUSKETMAN" then that's what you will get, regardless of which civilization you are playing as. In the case of the Russian Streltsy Decision, it specifically says "UNIT_MUSKETMAN", so that is what you get. I didn't chase down the others.

E&D was not written to be 100% compatible with 3UC or 4UC or really any other mod that re-assigns uniques but does not introduce new civilizations.

Minor updated to the 4UC today to fix a few small oversights.

Canadian Components have also been updated to be compatible with the new version of CL's Canada.

4UC updated to Version 3 today.

British Textile Factory no longer grants first ideology. Still grants bonus Gold from resources and does not require Coal.
Venetian Palace now correctly grants bonus Culture.
Other small tweaks.

Good to see you are still updating the mod!

Btw could you please add the Extra Components-mod to the download section on the first page?
So it won't get lost. ^^

And there are still no plans for 5.UC, right? :D

Done. And, correct- no plans for 5UC. You can always use Sukitract's Events and Decision mod if you need more diversity, though!

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately E&D ist not really multiplayer compatible, so I cannot use it.

Okay, I just updated both the 3UC and 4UC today, again. The biggest change was replacing the Siamese Unique Unit. It is now the Ballista Elephant! It replaces the Crossbowman and has bonus damage against other mounted units (alongside Naerusan's Elephant). Essentially, you will now have an army of both melee and ranged elephant units!

Other changes include:
- Improved art for a few units, to more-closely match the Firaxis style.
- Correct Culture from Venetian Palace (seriously this time)
- Changed Oromo Warrior promotions (It now gets the Shock 1 and 2 promotions, instead of the Drill 1 promotion that it gets anyway when upgraded to Mehal Sefari)

Cool, I'll try it out immediately. But please don't forget to change the version number of the mod, it's really difficult to keep everything sorted otherwise. :D
It's not a problem when you change it often, R.E.D. for example is v.28.

Was ExtraComponents updated as well?

PS: The new unit looks great and suits the Siam very well!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

EDIT: I have been notified that Venice's new Palace grants 3 Food instead of 3 Science. I will fix this soon.

EDIT: Uploaded version 4 of the 4UC. This issue is fixed.

---------------------------

Jan 16 Edit: I have updated both mods to "Version 5". Here are the changes:

Now compatible with Single Unit Graphics mod.
Mongolian Yam now replaces Stable instead of Caravansary (this makes it compatible with Improved Caravansaries mod). Yields altered to balance.
Byzantine Hippdrome no longer uses up a Horse resource (it was competing for resources with the Cataphract UU). Now requires a source of Horses or Ivory like a typical Circus. Removed +1 Gold yield.
Spanish Mission no longer gives Missionaries +1 usage of Spread Faith. The 25% passive spread bonus is strong enough.
French Salon now replaces Zoo instead of Windmill. Yields +2 science instead of 10%. This is to encourage building a wide empire.
Shoshone Tipi yields +1 Culture and +1 Production by default (+1 Culture bumped earlier for simplicity's sake). Construction time increased.
Ottoman Siege Foundry removed.
Ottoman Great Bombard UU (Cannon) added. It has a 300% combat bonus against cities (instead of 200%).
Improved artwork.

--------------------

January 21 update: I have noticed that the new Ottoman UU is missing a line of code, which allows other siege units to obtain its promotion. I will fix this in the next update.

----------------

January 24 Update: The 4UC has been updated to version 6. This update fixes a few lines of code.

I'm quite happy with the two mods at this point. The 3UC and 4UC feel nicely balanced, fairly interesting, and historically representative. I don't plan on making any major changes to the mod after today, although I will stick around to patch any errors that might show up, tweak balance issues, or to increases compatibility with other mods.

------------------------

January 28 Update: I recently received some informative feedback on these mods and have decided to make one more update. Both mods are now on Version *7*. There is one major change and many underpowered components have been buffed. Here are the following changes:

Mayan Obsidian Warrior overhauled. The Spearman-to-Longswordsman upgrade path caused the Mayans to become needlessly dependent on Iron. It is now a Swordsman that has a 50% anti-mounted promotion. This allows the Mayans to retain their basic defensive units, while providing them with a stronger alternative if they have access to Iron.

Aztec Sacrificial Altar now yields 2 happiness instead of 1.
Viking Longhouse now gives all melee units a 15% combat bonus when attacking, supporting a Domination Victory. (+2 Culture wasn't enough).
Iroquois Rusher now ignores movement costs instead of having 3 movement. (This means that they can't sprint over flat terrain anymore, but instead aren't slowed by rivers).
English Playhouse now has free maintenance instead of +2 culture.
Mongolian Ger now gives land units 15 xp instead of 10 xp.
Portuguese Casa da India now yields 8 gold instead of 4 (since it can only be built once).
Ottoman Hamam now yields 3 Happiness instead of 2 (since it can only be built in some cities).
Oromo Warrior no longer gets extra XP from combat (the two free promotions were enough).
Indian Sepoy now gets extra XP from combat (the one free promotion wasn't enough).
Polynesian Koa now has a higher combat strength (16 instead of 14).
Persian Dar-be-Mer no longer has maintenance.

I promise not to update this mod so frequently anymore! Version 7 should be the definite version (I hope).

for some reason i'm unable to select babylon, korea when using this mod
is there a reason for that ?

I am having trouble getting this mod working. Civ V shows the mod is present, allows me to 'enable' the mod but it still does not appear to be working. Is there a way I can see if it is functioning properly?

What other mods do you use? Any logs provided?

I have the EUI Mod and was also trying to run the Infoaddicts, which was also not working properly.

Can you explain what you mean by logs? I am new to Civ V and the modded community

The logs from the game:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482 Here you are the info about logs and how to enable logging in game. It's useful for modders to debug. There are some incompatibilities between InfoAddict and EUI since both mods change the same game files. (I do not use any of them now, so I can not help you in this case.) Have you cleared your game cache? Try to download and unzip it manually, Steam sometimes sucks at unpacking. Try using the mod alone, if it works - then the problems are caused by EUI.

Hi All:
I downloaded the 3rd Unique Component file. When I tried to open the file, a box opened
asking me to choose a file to open it with, or let windows select a file. Could not get it
to open. Am using XP. How does one install this file? Can I get specific instructions?
Is it compatible with XP?
Thx for your help.

Top Bottom