Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that's a lot of future additions to look forward to. Regarding Health, that will probably make CCC incompatible with H&P, right? Or do you plan some sort of interplay between the two? I guess it isn't really a problem either way, since you've so far blessed us with on/off toggle-able options for most of your mod's separate mechanisms, and that would probably be the case for Health as well.

About the Dynamic Top Panel, Corsica and Denmark use it and at least one of my upcoming civs does as well. Do you think it would be possible to make some sort of failsafe such that if playing one of said civs without CCC, the DTP yields would still work, possibly by disabling the internal DTP files?

Health will of course be something you can disabled, but naturally with it you won't be able to use H&P.

See below on DTP.

Darn. I better figure out whats breaking Mercs then.

Breaking how?

I used the DTP for Park, and it is pretty useful for the UA. However, I can't tell in the post if you're saying the DTP will still work ("DTP will still be supported" vs "including the actual DTP files in your mod will be inadvised"). Would it be easier to make the DTP part of Prosperity, or maybe even release a JFD Core mod which included it and other bits for your 'Expansions'? Alternatively, Danmacsch's suggestion could work, but it might be easiest just to discontinue it. As only two people have so far come forward, it may be for the best to discontinue the DTP, and provide support for Danmacsch's civs specifically.

Edit to avoid double post:
Yeah, this is an issue because you haven't made the Wonder a Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides entry for the city states. Despite them having a wonder flavour of 0, other flavors (i.e: Religion, which caused the religious state to build the religious wonder) will cause them to build the wonders. It is a bit hidden, and Firaxis doesn't mention it at all outside of the CIV5MinorCivilizations file (#mostmoddablecivyet).

On DTP, I mean you can still include the TopPanel_Includes tables and they'll still be supported, but includeing the actual JFD_UpdatedTopPanel.lua would cause a problem. However, I think the best thing would be for me to, once I've done with my TP replacement in TP (damn...), I'll update the DTP and just ask that those that use it will update their copies as well. That way, you can still include it in your mods, and it'll just not load if TP is active (as it already does with Piety). Does that sound reasonable?

Actually, I did set it up, I just mispelled Westminster as Westmister.

Misspells! Cause that never happens in modding! It happens all the time
By the way- really enjoying the new mod, i just see lots of civilizations purchasing city states really early in the game. Not sure if this is intended.

Interesting stuff planned for this. I don't know how you find the time!

If you want to make "business deals" one word, like many game concepts tend to be, "Deals" might work. Or contracts, which can apply more broadly than just merc contracts.

Once again, JFD, you're going to revolutionize our game.

SuperWaffle lives! :D

I think I have a pretty cool working idea for how Trade will manifest, but I'll put it to practice before I detail it. I think I'll keep Contracts together with TP, to keep things thematic and to make compatibility a bit easier for me. But of course everything will stay optional.

This thread is breaking my mind with all the TPs.

Brb, retreating to my Teepee.

How about having great healers\ doctors?

SuperWaffle lives! :D

I think I have a pretty cool working idea for how Trade will manifest, but I'll put it to practice before I detail it. I think I'll keep Contracts together with TP, to keep things thematic and to make compatibility a bit easier for me. But of course everything will stay optional.

I was missed? By JFD? I feel so... loved....

The way I see it, this mod adds mechanics to cities. Sovereignty and Piety do other things. So maybe CCC can be renamed to reflect it's focus on cities? Just picking up from the other thread's discussion on naming.

Personally, Id call that mod "control".

This thread is breaking my mind with all the TPs.

Brb, retreating to my tipi.

In JFD's (and Janboruta's) civilization thread, he was looking for a name that wouldn't handcuff him if he wanted to add or subtract components in the future. A new thought popped into my head: JFD's Super Happy Awesome Grand Lavishly Interconnected Optimization or SHAGLIO for short. :D

(...)

If you have suggestions, please let me know - but please make sure that the currency has an icon first :p

GULDEN! (or Guilder) ƒ

Famous Dutch currency but also relevant to Germans. It is actually a collection of varied currencies including those individually minted by German kingdoms and Dutch provinces, those coined by the HRE (Charles V's 'Carolus'), those made in Dutch colonies and the few that are still used today in the Caribbean.

ᵖᶫᶻ ᶦᵗ ᶦˢ ʳᵉᶫᵉᵛᵃᶰᵗ ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ

Breaking how?

I posted it in the Mercs' thread, but every 3rd/4th load of a game with Mercs enabled causes a menu to pop up that I can't exit out of, making me unable to continue the game.

More importantly I finally have done the thing and have the logs. Am I supposed to post the whole of the Log folder, or a specific file within?

JFD, do you personally recommend applying loyalty to ALL cities?

Also it seems i cannot spawn GGs for some reason. Im playing as Rome

Mod List:
3rd/4th unique[modified them to have no overlapping uniques with CBP, so each civ only gets one extra unique]
City state settlers
CBP pack[no-EUI]
Civ names by policies
CIV-linked Great generals
Custom advanced setup screen
Dynamic culture overview
Ethnic units
Events and decisions[CP version]
Faster aircraft animations
Global warming
Global warming congress
JFD's mercenaries,CCC,Cultural diversity[core and soundtrack],and Exploration continued expanded
Krajzen's great people pack
Landmines for BNW
More great works
More luxuries
Move capital
Music changer
Reforestation
Submarines ignore borders
Terrain names corrected
War-less damaged captured cities
World congress Reformation

GULDEN! (or Guilder) ƒ

Famous Dutch currency but also relevant to Germans. It is actually a collection of varied currencies including those individually minted by German kingdoms and Dutch provinces, those coined by the HRE (Charles V's 'Carolus'), those made in Dutch colonies and the few that are still used today in the Caribbean.

ᵖᶫᶻ ᶦᵗ ᶦˢ ʳᵉᶫᵉᵛᵃᶰᵗ ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ

I planned to, but it uses the same symbol as the florin. But I should probably give precedence to the Guilder, given the Netherlands is a default civ and Florence is not.

JFD, do you personally recommend applying loyalty to ALL cities?

Also it seems i cannot spawn GGs for some reason. Im playing as Rome

Mod List:
3rd/4th unique[modified them to have no overlapping uniques with CBP, so each civ only gets one extra unique]
City state settlers
CBP pack[no-EUI]
Civ names by policies
CIV-linked Great generals
Custom advanced setup screen
Dynamic culture overview
Ethnic units
Events and decisions[CP version]
Faster aircraft animations
Global warming
Global warming congress
JFD's mercenaries,CCC,Cultural diversity[core and soundtrack],and Exploration continued expanded
Krajzen's great people pack
Landmines for BNW
More great works
More luxuries
Move capital
Music changer
Reforestation
Submarines ignore borders
Terrain names corrected
War-less damaged captured cities
World congress Reformation

No. I personally recommend what's by default, which is occupied and colonial cities. It's not really balanced toward all cities.

I'd wager it's the 'CIV-linked Great Generals' or anything that changes GGs (unique GGs is the culprit I've heard of, such as in Bohemia), but I doubt it'd be from one of my mods.

Feedback!

1. Loyalty needs changing. with the default setting, cities still have loyalty despite not being occupied anymore. Furthermore, I think loyalty should be effected by religion and also increase by 1% per each turn you control the city. I think you should make it decrease with each social policy you adopt(especially ideological tenets). Additionally, I think that whatever ideology you choose should effect loyalty in a certain way: freedom would reduce disloyalty from population, order would increase the loyalty from WLtKDs and garrisons and autocracy would decrease disloyalty from war.

2. Magistrates and dignitaries aren't enough. I think you should add an additional way of gaining great dignitaries\ magistrates for free(similar to the great person decisions), and remove the dignitary cost of the "request the services of a great person" decision. In my last game, I had -1 magistrates(!!!) After taking the gold for faith decision from piety (is it even compatible?), and I didn't manage to purchase a single city state after 350+ turns. Also, great engineers still effect great magistrate and dignitary counts.

3. The exploration tree: 3 policies are about actual exploration, 2 more about colonies, and the finisher allows you to buy recon units and see hidden antiquity which have nothing to do with the rest of the tree. Personally, I think that culture from internal trade routes could work for this tree, so you could quickly develop colonies and expand their territory faster.

Hey JFD, quick mod support question. I'm making a civ where settlers get +2 Movement along trade routes. I want to extend this ability to the colonists. Do I have to put this CCC version of this:
Spoiler :
Code:
-- JFD_IsUsingPiety
function JFD_IsUsingPiety()
	local pietyModID = "eea66053-7579-481a-bb8d-2f3959b59974"
	local isUsingPiety = false
	for _, mod in pairs(Modding.GetActivatedMods()) do
	  if (mod.ID == pietyModID) then
	    isUsingPiety = true
	    break
	  end
	end
	return isUsingPiety
end
local isUsingPiety = JFD_IsUsingPiety()
if isUsingPiety then
   include("JFD_PietyUtils.lua")
end

in my code or is this enough?

Spoiler :
Code:
if (pUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_SETTLER) or (pUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_JFD_COLONIST) then

I will take your silence as the "whole thing."

Sorry. Not really concentrating on Mercs/CCC atm. But this raises a red flag:

Code:
AraucaniaPatagoniaOrelieAntoineI.lua:147: Error! tableRoot is not defined properly, or is not a table! Received: [nil] Aborting...

If you can locate this mod - something to do with Patagonia or Araucania or something - then I'd suggest disabling it and seeing if that fixes the issue. At the very least, this certainly sounds like it'd interfere with Mercs. TSL routine.

Feedback!

1. Loyalty needs changing. with the default setting, cities still have loyalty despite not being occupied anymore. Furthermore, I think loyalty should be effected by religion and also increase by 1% per each turn you control the city. I think you should make it decrease with each social policy you adopt(especially ideological tenets). Additionally, I think that whatever ideology you choose should effect loyalty in a certain way: freedom would reduce disloyalty from population, order would increase the loyalty from WLtKDs and garrisons and autocracy would decrease disloyalty from war.

2. Magistrates and dignitaries aren't enough. I think you should add an additional way of gaining great dignitaries\ magistrates for free(similar to the great person decisions), and remove the dignitary cost of the "request the services of a great person" decision. In my last game, I had -1 magistrates(!!!) After taking the gold for faith decision from piety (is it even compatible?), and I didn't manage to purchase a single city state after 350+ turns. Also, great engineers still effect great magistrate and dignitary counts.

3. The exploration tree: 3 policies are about actual exploration, 2 more about colonies, and the finisher allows you to buy recon units and see hidden antiquity which have nothing to do with the rest of the tree. Personally, I think that culture from internal trade routes could work for this tree, so you could quickly develop colonies and expand their territory faster.

1. Just because you don't like how it works, doesn't mean it needs changing. But I do think some more ways should stand to be introduced to combat it, and I like the 1% per turn under your control.

2. Ok, will think about it.

3. Disagree completely. Seeing hidden antiquity sites promotes exploration, albeit with an Archaeologist. Now, if only you needed to have the site in your borders to excavate it, or it excavated it faster in your borders - something to encourage settling those spots.

Appreciate the feedback, Natan :)

Hey JFD, quick mod support question. I'm making a civ where settlers get +2 Movement along trade routes. I want to extend this ability to the colonists. Do I have to put this CCC version of this:
Spoiler :
Code:
-- JFD_IsUsingPiety
function JFD_IsUsingPiety()
	local pietyModID = "eea66053-7579-481a-bb8d-2f3959b59974"
	local isUsingPiety = false
	for _, mod in pairs(Modding.GetActivatedMods()) do
	  if (mod.ID == pietyModID) then
	    isUsingPiety = true
	    break
	  end
	end
	return isUsingPiety
end
local isUsingPiety = JFD_IsUsingPiety()
if isUsingPiety then
   include("JFD_PietyUtils.lua")
end

in my code or is this enough?

Spoiler :
Code:
if (pUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_SETTLER) or (pUnit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes.UNIT_JFD_COLONIST) then

The bottom code will be enough.

Quick update to accomodate Sukritact's latest E&D, as well as the latest beta for EUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom