If I were to mod/add a civilization to BNW it would be…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teleon22

Chieftain
Israel!!!
Unique Attribute - Zionism: -50% religion pressures from other civilizations and -50% religion pressure toward other civilizations.

Unique Attribute – Holy Land - may purchase territories bordering your own and belonging to other nations, at the cost of the territory; only if they are within 20 Tiles of your capital. (You may not purchase Tiles that have cities on them)

Unique Unit – Sling-men. Ancient ERA ranged unit.

I like the zionism attribute, but the other one is not very good. It would be only situationally usefull, and very annoying to play against. Anyway, you only get one attribute per civ. The other two must be units/buildings/improvements.

Sling-men are nice, but the Inca already have guys that use slings. How would the Israelite ones be different?

Unique Attribute – Holy Land - may purchase territories bordering your own and belonging to other nations, at the cost of the territory; only if they are within 20 Tiles of your capital.

bahahahha, love to see Israel finally being recognized as a bully!! Surely the UA would encompass increased civil resistance upon buying tiles and should be prone to boycotts in the world congress. Otherwise it would just be too powerful- Imagine starting off next to Israel, and you happen to aim for a cultural victory- or what if you're Venice? There has got to be some check on that system.

I like the zionism attribute, but the other one is not very good. It would be only situationally usefull, and very annoying to play against. Anyway, you only get one attribute per civ. The other two must be units/buildings/improvements.

Sling-men are nice, but the Inca already have guys that use slings. How would the Israelite ones be different?

I’ll have to give it more thought. I simply gave Israel sling-men in honor of David. It is a unit that makes sense given the story of David verse goliath. Even in modern Israel today they call their missile defense David’s sling.

So if I were to drop the second attribute and give them a unique unit/building/improvement, I suppose I’d have to say that I’d like to see a unique Tile improvement called Settlement. Settlements would generate +1:c5gold: +1:c5culture:+1:c5production: and -1 food

I’ll have to give it more thought. I simply gave Israel sling-men in honor of David. It is a unit that makes sense given the story of David verse goliath. Even in modern Israel today they call their missile defense David’s sling.

So if I were to drop the second attribute and give them a unique unit/building/improvement, I suppose I’d have to say that I’d like to see a unique Tile improvement called Settlement. Settlements would generate +1:c5gold: +1:c5culture:+1:c5production:

Israel is a great idea. Yeah! a kibbuz improvement! However these bonuses are too much. The kasbah is similar, does not give culture, and can only be build on desert.

I'd love to play hinduistic communist-order Israel being best buddies with the arabs :)

Israel is a great idea. Yeah! a kibbuz improvement! However these bonuses are too much. The kasbah is similar, does not give culture, and can only be build on desert.

I'd love to play hinduistic communist-order Israel being best buddies with the arabs :)

I figured the culture bonus wouldn’t be all that bad as long as Israel Civilization is bias to a desert start… and with a -1to food… It makes it a risky endeavor…?

So if I were to drop the second attribute and give them a unique unit/building/improvement, I suppose I’d have to say that I’d like to see a unique Tile improvement called Settlement. Settlements would generate +1:c5gold: +1:c5culture:+1:c5production: and -1 food

Well, settlements are kind of boring and not really unique.

Why not play on your other idea?
Have two unique units,
One an ancient Era Sling unit,
The other a modern Era SAM replacement, "David's Sling", which grants nearby units a defense against all rocketry based units.

Well, settlements are kind of boring and not really unique.

Why not play on your other idea?
Have two unique units,
One an ancient Era Sling unit,
The other a modern Era SAM replacement, "David's Sling", which grants nearby units a defense against all rocketry based units.

If I were to go with the "David's Sling" idea as a UU , it would not only grant all friendly units in adjacent tiles a cover bonus. It would have a 75% chance to destroy ICMB and/or Nuclear missiles passing over it or any one of the adjacent tiles. Much like the AA units auto attack aircraft in the same way.

Khazars

UA: Religious Freedom: +2 gold every other religion you have in your cities. you can get minority religions' bonuses.
UU: Tarkhan: Knight replace. Heals completely upon pillaging a non-road improvement. Ranged attack before engaging in melee.
UB: Silkroad Market: +2 gold +2 food.

Israel

Unique ability: buy land tiles with faith. Lose 1 population in Tel Aviv after the invention of rocketry.

Vietnam

UA: Workers have the strength of the appropriate era's melee unit and have a defensive bonus when fighting in jungle or forest tiles.
UB: Water puppet theatre provides +2 tourism, plus +2 happiness if built near a fresh water source (river, lake or marsh).
UI: Marsh tiles can be improved by workers to rice paddies as a bonus resource (+4 food, +1 gold).

Cherokee

Leader: John Ross
UA: Syllabary: Academy science yield doubled.
UU: Cherokee Braves (replaces Rifleman): Ignores movement costs, +10% strength when defending.
UB: Stick Ball Court (replaces Zoo): 4 more happiness than the zoo. XP doubled from all units built in this city when fighting in Cherokee territory.

Not sure about the UU. My knowledge of Cherokee military history is very limited.

What is that sound? Like thunder in the distance... Is it the clomping of hooves, the roll of tank's tread, the rumble of artillery? Nay... It is the sound of moderators! They are closing in swiftly, and soon this thread shall be slain like so many others of its kind. I shall not mourn this thread, for it has been reposted so oft that I doubt a fortnight shall pass before another of its kind comes to take its place... Sorry, artsy way of saying "this'll be closed soon, good riddance!"

Israel!!!
Unique Attribute - Zionism: -50% religion pressures from other civilizations and -50% religion pressure toward other civilizations.

Unique Attribute – Holy Land - may purchase territories bordering your own and belonging to other nations, at the cost of the territory; only if they are within 20 Tiles of your capital. (You may not purchase Tiles that have cities on them)

Unique Unit – Sling-men. Ancient ERA ranged unit.

I've long thought they needed an Israel civ. I don't know quite how I'd formulate it, but I think I would give them a UA in the form of faith associated population boost.

Unique Attribute - Right of Return: Whenever followers from your majority religion are decreased through inquisition/great prophet, half of those followers resettle in your own cities. (Those cities loose population and you gain population.) Or, alternatively, a simple late-game population boost would also simulate this (since being associated with inquisition would be rather situational.)

Unique Improvement - Kibbutz: Unlocks with fertilizer. Can only be built in neutral or enemy territory within three tiles of your border. Coverts that tile to your territory, and provides +1 food and +1 gold with the defensive capacity of a fort.

Unique Unit - Israeli Defense Forces: replaces infantry. Cheaper and stronger than Infantry. Receives a bonus to movement and strength in friendly lands.

(I realize both of these would be late game bonuses. But maybe it would be geared toward defending a late-game science or culture victory.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom