Morocco?

Is it just me, or the other nations never want to send you a TR when you're Morocco? It was not the case when I played Venice (everyone and their mother sent me a TR), but even my friend Pikatellu doesn't want to send me one, as if the cargo ships were full of pokeballs he's so afraid of. Even Earthshaka, Orange Willy and Monty don't want to do it with me. :(

They are all like "we know you gain more Morocco Guy, we do not want it go play morrowind which sounds almost like morocco"

That kinda kills the UA for me, because the gain is miniscule when only your own TR's are involved. 6 TR's mid-late game equal a measly 6 culture and 18 gold (I trade with CS's because I already got +4 influence per route Freedom policy, and even before I didn't want other civs to get gpt/science beakers so I did the exact same thing).

Kasbahs are also mediocre unless Petra (unlike Chateaux or other improvements, they don't gain any +X late in the game), didn't get Barbers yet because I'm afraid they'll touch Ahmad's (already less-than-impressive) beard turning him less manly.

What are your impressions of this civ?

Because Venice is put on the best spot in the game, it has lots of resources, which is what makes people want to trade with you. Make sure you have cities with large resource variety to increase the profits others make for trading with you, as that will make you look like a better choice compared to other cities.

Also, I approve of Pikatello.

They are one of my favorite so far. I've been getting good luck with trade routes, and the kasbah makes being in the desert not that bad. Although desert folklore and petra are good, they aren't required. With you UU and UI, nobody is going to be able to push into your territory, and the UU's improvements carry on when you upgrade him from what I've seen. The UA is more useful at the earlier parts of the game, but that isn't bad.

I also enjoyed Morocco more than I thought I would. Remember to put some cities on the coast for sea routes.

Morocco is my favorite new civ! I've yet to be denied trade routes by anyone...but I usually don't play with a large amount of other civs so there are less trading partners. Their Berber Cavalry makes for a great internal defender, especially with kasbahs everywhere.

Top Bottom