City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Hate to say it, but still no. Sorry man!
Don't know if you saw my post above, but is this possible?

Is there any way that you can up the folder with the extracted content here? (So us CFCers can use it at least?;))

Edit: I checked out the one-worker mod btw, and the file *is* just the extracted files in a folder, so you can just drop it in the mods folder (even while the game is running) and skip the install stage entirely.

Does it actually work? Best way to check- look at a city-state and see if it says 'diplomatic missions.'

Ok, ran a test and the "diplomatic missions" option appears. I won't have time until tomorrow to really test with a new game, but I will report issues if I encounter any.
Thanks for all your hard work:king:

I dl-d the big file and YESSS :) :goodjob: :)
(so far only the civpedia I cjecked but that was OK)

I had to begin new though... but eh, no big deal that...

You clearly have bigger issues at the moment, but I have a suggestion for future versions:
Allow trading/diplomacy with city-states (resources, gold, open borders,..), possibly with the same screen as with the major civs:
  • If they have an ally, you couldn't trade for their resources. (I think this would solve itself, really. You might have one of their luxury resources when they gain a new ally, but once the 30 turns are over, they'd immediately give it to the ally.)
  • Enemy/angry/friends/ally would determine how much they'd allow you to benefit from trades, as well as if they have other friends/allies.
  • Interactions give you a small amount of influence. Or you could make influence one of their 'currencies' to trade for. For example, for an Open Borders, they'd give you an Open Borders and 5 influence.

Those are fun ideas, and once we get DLL access should be feasible. The only catch would be static leaderheads for the minor civs (as the LUA coding requires movement if you want to use the standard civ diplo screen).

Alas, until I can get this mod back on the exchange, I probably won't be adding much.

Thanks for the support!

G

different colored icons are there :)

I go for a culture victory with England, I have both the Lighthouse and the Stonehenge wonders :)
(Shiggs earth map, king diff., standard speed)

In the previous game I abandonded Arabia had Stockholm as allied CS for a while, a bit wierd... but eh...
When I made Stockholm ally, both Arabia and Germany came to say no-no :)

For an animated leaderhead for the CS, I think it wouldn't be too hard to have a 2D object (the city-state icon) loaded in a 3D animator and export it as an animation, while not actually doing anything.

Also, on the subject of quests. Currently, if they want you to kill this or that city-state or something else, and you don't want to, or can't, that's a problem.
Maybe these quests should be temporary (for 100 turns or so), so that they don't sit for all eternity with one request.
That's a problem I have with vanilla. Your mod already gives a good alternative with its diplomats, but I figured I should at least mention it. Perhaps you find it a good idea.

For an animated leaderhead for the CS, I think it wouldn't be too hard to have a 2D object (the city-state icon) loaded in a 3D animator and export it as an animation, while not actually doing anything.

Also, on the subject of quests. Currently, if they want you to kill this or that city-state or something else, and you don't want to, or can't, that's a problem.
Maybe these quests should be temporary (for 100 turns or so), so that they don't sit for all eternity with one request.
That's a problem I have with vanilla. Your mod already gives a good alternative with its diplomats, but I figured I should at least mention it. Perhaps you find it a good idea.

Kill city-state quests are disabled in this mod until I find a way to cut down on the # and length of them. So that might make you happy for now.

Also, if someone wants to test a d/l of the mod via the modbrowser, that'd be swell.

G

I did, and nothing. However, I am having the exact same problem (cannot install, ie, get beyond the extracting files stage) with CCMAT v10! So, totally guessing here, maybe it's a bug in the mod browser?

I did, and nothing. However, I am having the exact same problem (cannot install, ie, get beyond the extracting files stage) with CCMAT v10! So, totally guessing here, maybe it's a bug in the mod browser?

Hmmm...might be related to latest 'hotfix,' though I don't see any other complaints on the forums.

Maybe you and Soma have the exact same problem on your computers? (Highly unlikely).

Let me know what you think of the new version when you get some time to play.
G

Top Bottom