City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

After a barbarian horde conquers a city-state, when I try to talk to the barbarians all I see is a blank screen (with text). Is that normal, or should I be seeing a picture or something?

After a barbarian horde conquers a city-state, when I try to talk to the barbarians all I see is a blank screen (with text). Is that normal, or should I be seeing a picture or something?

That's just a consequence of how the game deals with civs that own cities – it is normal (and pointless, as you can't engage in diplomacy with the barbs).

G

despite various dll merges still can't get this amazing mod to work properly with the CivIV diplomatic shiz. I can use the CSD non .DLL but feel like I am missing out to much. CSD should just conquer CivIVDO and use it to make itself more powerful than we could possibly imagine

Any way we an get an event/quest where a city-state declares war on a neighboring city-state just to spice things up?

The problem is that CS diplo logic force-peaces every chance it gets, so the AI would not be happy with this. The closest we have to this is the 'proxy war' quest given out by bullied CSs.

despite various dll merges still can't get this amazing mod to work properly with the CivIV diplomatic shiz. I can use the CSD non .DLL but feel like I am missing out to much. CSD should just conquer CivIVDO and use it to make itself more powerful than we could possibly imagine

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. There are already two DLLs that combine CSD with other mods – the Community Patch and Whoward's Combined DLL.

G

The problem is that CS diplo logic force-peaces every chance it gets, so the AI would not be happy with this. The closest we have to this is the 'proxy war' quest given out by bullied CSs.

Really? I often get these weird never ending wars where a CS goes to war because its Major ally did. but then the alliance changes and the CS is left at war with the other CS - forever. So I don't think the CS goes for peace.

Really? I often get these weird never ending wars where a CS goes to war because its Major ally did. but then the alliance changes and the CS is left at war with the other CS - forever. So I don't think the CS goes for peace.

There's a bugfix for that which Whoward wrote into his DLL some time ago, as the code intends for them to make peace ASAP.
G

There's a bugfix for that which Whoward wrote into his DLL some time ago, as the code intends for them to make peace ASAP.
G

Ah, I actually kind of like it since it creates an unstable part of the map. especially if they pillage each other's resources.

While this thread is "dead", I think it's best to post this here in order not to clutter up the new main thread...

Some art stuff I felt like doing after playing a game with latest iteration of CP+CBP+CSD+E&D:
  • I modified the Foreign Bureau to add in the Civ-style star burst and noticed the icon is a bit... orange zoomed out, this version should work better for the small sizes (not that the icon is bad, the 7 Wonders illustrations are marvellous but don't work that well scaled down).
  • Also tried my hand on a new icon for the Scrivener's Office since it overlaps with the Events & Decisions building (and I think it fits better there than here) - not entirely happy with it, though, so I might go back and change it in the future.
  • Finally, tried a new icon for the Great Diplomat. While the diplomatic unit icons are neat, they really don't follow the Civ5-style as portraits. I'll try my hand on the other diplomatic units eventually.

The icons:
Spoiler :

Just another slightly updated icon, this time the International Finance Centre, just cleaning out stuff I had in the pipeline... (I got two icons for diplomatic units but I'm still polishing them and trying to find something fitting for the industrial and modern versions).
Spoiler :

Just another slightly updated icon, this time the International Finance Centre, just cleaning out stuff I had in the pipeline... (I got two icons for diplomatic units but I'm still polishing them and trying to find something fitting for the industrial and modern versions).
Spoiler :

Fantastic, as always! I will add this to next version.

G

Hoping someone can assist....
Many of my quests are coming up as "CityStateStatusHelper script error - unknown quest".

I'm running BNW with CP 66.12, CBP 13.3, CSD .26, C4DF .10 and EUI 1.24e. I'm quite sure I've followed all install directions correctly as everything else is up and running fine (as far as I can tell). The searches I've done on this have come up empty as have whatever tinkering I've tried.

Any assistance as to what I need to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Top Bottom