City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Lumat83,
Try this: Uncheck all of your mods in the mod select/disable window in Civ5. When rechecking your mods, make sure to check mine before you check R.E.D. It seems (based on my very rude experiments) that mod load order is determined by the order in which the mods are clicked.

If this doesn't help, let me know.

G

You're right. All work well now. Thank you very much :)

I will try to get you more feedback in the near future. My gaming schedule is very sporadic right now, so expected days in between posts and such from me.

In the late industrial era (just got Radio, haven't got Telegraph), in my best production city (no Forum), I build an Infantry in 7 turns, an Emissary in 3. Considering that an Emissary has more impact on the game than any one military unit, this feels off. I think part of the issue is the gap between the Emissary and Diplomat is so huge - technically it's just 1 era, but it's from the first set of tech in the Renaissance to the last set of tech in the Industrial Era.

You're right. All work well now. Thank you very much :)

Good to hear! So my theory works...hooray!

@Drawmeus: no worries- Seek is currently working on new icons for the FO and Forum, but, other than that, the mod is pretty stable right now. No big changes planned (for now).

G

Speaking of the next version;) - I just had a thought.
If you decide to use the idea of taking the United Front policy effect for the Kremlin, since it's impossible atm to use my previous idea for it, it could work to take the Kremlin effect and move it to the UF policy! Though perhaps with a lower percentage?

In the late industrial era (just got Radio, haven't got Telegraph), in my best production city (no Forum), I build an Infantry in 7 turns, an Emissary in 3. Considering that an Emissary has more impact on the game than any one military unit, this feels off. I think part of the issue is the gap between the Emissary and Diplomat is so huge - technically it's just 1 era, but it's from the first set of tech in the Renaissance to the last set of tech in the Industrial Era.

Are you using 2.0 v4? If not, see the changelist on page one; the new version should address these issues.

Are you using 2.0 v4? If not, see the changelist on page one; the new version should address these issues.

Nope, still working on my game from this weekend (just wrapping up a diplo victory). I'll give that a whirl in the next few days.

Speaking of the next version;) - I just had a thought.
If you decide to use the idea of taking the United Front policy effect for the Kremlin, since it's impossible atm to use my previous idea for it, it could work to take the Kremlin effect and move it to the UF policy! Though perhaps with a lower percentage?

Unfortunately my attempts at modding this in failed. I tried to add the policy modifier for friendship decay to the Kremlin but to no avail. I feared this, as it isn't listed as a possible XML tag at the top of the buildings list. Yet another fun idea foiled by Modbuddy.

@Drawmeus- let me know if you win a diplo victory- I want to make sure that it is, in fact, possible to win one with this mod in v3! :) I've won a bunch with earlier versions, but I haven't had the time to finish a game in the past week. Also, I moved diplomats to railroad to make the jump between them and emissaries shorter and also moved ambassadors to the start of the modern era, so perhaps that will alleviate the production disparity.

Edit: Also scrapped.

What do you guys think about adding a super-awesome 'future tech' diplo unit that is stealthed, paradrop capable and can move really fast? Might be a nice reward for getting to the end of the tech tree first if you are going for a diplo victory?

Though I haven't seen the end of the tree in any of my games, I support this :)

Better idea:

World Wonder: The Internet

Concept: All Diplomatic Units gain +10 movement.

Question is, which tech do we tie this to? Computers (too early?), Nanotech (too late?) or something else (Globalization, perhaps?)?

Also, can you think of a better bonus?

G

Also, thanks to Seek's dexterous capacities with photoshop, we will soon have new, less drab icons for the Foreign Office and the Forum. Hooray!

I like Globalization for this - the Sydney Opera House was starting to look a little lonely there:)

Here's the final, new wonder I'm adding for late, late game:

World Trade Organization
Cost: 1000
Tech Req.: Globalization
Bonus: Free 'Telecommunications' Promotion: Grants Diplomatic Units an enhanced version of the Paradrop Promotion, allowing them to instantly travel up to 25 tiles outside of friendly territory. +1 Culture

Includes a wonder picture (stylized pic of Geneva WTO building like concepts in game) and icons (using WTO 'stripey-lines' globe thing).

Thoughts?
G

Also: Seek's new artwork as seen in-game and the WTO screens:

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 126
Here's the current build of v.5 (not yet finalized).

Notable changes:

• WTO (World Trade Organization Wonder)
  • Unit Costs (4th and 5th tier raised to 300 and 400, respectively)
  • Building Costs (Forum bumped back to 125)
  • AI Balancing (less diplo-unit spam)
  • New artwork for Forum and Foreign Office (courtesy Seek)

Give me feedback when you can!
G

Current Investigations:

• Expanded United Nations vote possibilities
  • Saboteurs (land and sea)
  • Unique Diplo Unit promotions (diplomatic immunity, neutral diplomats, spies)

Here's the current build of v.5 (not yet finalized).

Notable changes:

• WTO (World Trade Organization Wonder)
  • Unit Costs (4th and 5th tier raised to 300 and 400, respectively)
  • Building Costs (Forum bumped back to 125)
  • AI Balancing (less diplo-unit spam)
  • New artwork for Forum and Foreign Office (courtesy Seek)

Give me feedback when you can!
G

I'm famous!:lol:

WTO looks like it'll be a lot of fun, can't wait to get it.
Wasn't sure at first, but now I actually think the further unit cost buff will be a good thing: Forum/Foreign Office/Freemasonry (how alliterative!) will be that much more necessary.
I hope you haven't eased up too much with AI diplo unit spam, it keeps it challenging.

Current Investigations:

• Expanded United Nations vote possibilities
  • Saboteurs (land and sea)
  • Unique Diplo Unit promotions (diplomatic immunity, neutral diplomats, spies)

Must say I'm *very* excited about these developments, I sincerely hope they are possible at this point. Won't be long til the mod becomes the Diplomacy Overhaul Mod.:D

Keep up the great work:goodjob:

I'm famous!:lol:

WTO looks like it'll be a lot of fun, can't wait to get it.
Wasn't sure at first, but now I actually think the further unit cost buff will be a good thing: Forum/Foreign Office/Freemasonry (how alliterative!) will be that much more necessary.
I hope you haven't eased up too much with AI diplo unit spam, it keeps it challenging.

WTO is fun- though, since you can only paradrop units into territory with a line-of-sight, it really shines for keeping tabs on already-allied CSs (kind of like the real WTO- once you join you can't escape! :lol: )

Cost buff was necessary for late-game. Ambassadors now take around 5 turns to complete in the best of cities with FOs and everything.

Must say I'm *very* excited about these developments, I sincerely hope they are possible at this point. Won't be long til the mod becomes the Diplomacy Overhaul Mod.:D

Keep up the great work:goodjob:

Don't get too excited about some of them...I've been tinkering with things like 'Hidden Nationality' and its not actually coded in on the back-end. Simply a placeholder for code they had intended to add but didn't. And, furthermore, invisibility inexplicably doesn't work for land units. Weird.

That ties my hands for now...

Wow Gazebo, this has turned into something huge! And it's playing very very well! Thanks a lot for your work! Now Firaxis just needs to support mods in Multiplayer...

Wow Gazebo, this has turned into something huge! And it's playing very very well! Thanks a lot for your work! Now Firaxis just needs to support mods in Multiplayer...

Its been awhile, War Chicken– yeah, things have definitely changed!
Let me know what you think- v.5 build (above) contains the newest stuff (but its not quite ready to be THE v.5.

G

Playing version 4 with economy mod. They seem compatable so far.

My complements to you Gazebo. Thoroughly enjoying what you've done to CS relations. I find in the game I'm playing I can't just gobble up all maritime but have to focus with great care on the CS close to me. This means I have to actually concentrate on farms and not rely on free scran... shocking ey?:)

When do you think you'll have version 5 ready?

Playing version 4 with economy mod. They seem compatable so far.

My complements to you Gazebo. Thoroughly enjoying what you've done to CS relations. I find in the game I'm playing I can't just gobble up all maritime but have to focus with great care on the CS close to me. This means I have to actually concentrate on farms and not rely on free scran... shocking ey?:)

When do you think you'll have version 5 ready?

Glad you like it– have any suggestions/criticisms?

Also, v.5 (attached to one of my posts above) is pretty much complete- still tweaking balancing for units costs a little, but it is about 90% and perfectly stable. The new building, the WTO, is the main part I am concerned about balance-wise. Right now, it gives diplo units the ability to paradrop 25 tiles away, thus making it an ideal way to control and gain City-States during the late game (as you can hop from allied CS to allied CS around the map.) It requires Line of Sight, so its not completely OP (i.e. you can't paradrop into CSs you aren't allied with unless you have a unit there with LoS). :)

G

I think I'll leave the creative aspect of mods to those with an imagination that far exceeds my own.

That said however :) I do find it bloody annoying trying to get allied CS to invade enemy terf. It'd be cool if their was a 'do you fancy attacking X city with me? option if you're allied to them in a war against a common enemy.

I think I'll leave the creative aspect of mods to those with an imagination that far exceeds my own.

That said however :) I do find it bloody annoying trying to get allied CS to invade enemy terf. It'd be cool if their was a 'do you fancy attacking X city with me? option if you're allied to them in a war against a common enemy.

Hmm...when I get back in town on Monday I'll take a look at Minor Civ AI and combat. Perhaps I can encourage them to be a little more aggressive.

G

Top Bottom