City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

had the same problem as above, and is now fixed, but im just wondering wether you lot had to start a new game for the effects to take place? as my save i had when it wasnt working seems to remember and not use the new mods settings.

I've got cell access, but no computer access (on my iPhone). If someone wants to download v6, fix the VFS issue, and then upload the entire mod here I'll repost it on the front page. Any takers?

here it is... hope it'll work :)

Attachments

• City-State Diplomacy Mod 2.6.civ5mod
    2 MB · Views: 103
This sounds like the VFS issue.

@Testers: To see if this is the issue, you can open the .modinfo file in a text editor and change the "import=0" to "import=1" on all the DDS files.

Are you suposed to change the dll"EDIT(DDS)" only or the lua and others also?

I did the dll"EDIT(DDS)" but now the game crashes but does not show the poppups of missing dll"EDIT(DDS)"

here it is... hope it'll work :)
Nope, im not sure what I shold do with the civ5mod file?

Nope, im not sure what I shold do with the civ5mod file?

Just put the civ5 mod file in your mods main directory, then start up civ 5 and go to browse mods. Then you will be able to click the install button as normal. Oh, you should probably delete the old version first if you haven't already.

On another note, the graphics are working fine now, but the text files aren't working at all, just txt_key errors.

Hey all,
Here's 2.6.1, and it should be fixed. The file Gedemon posted may have placed a '1' next to all imported files, as opposed to just the art (thus the messed up text). I fixed this. Let me know if this works (is on first page). I can't update the modbuddy page because I'm out of the country, so that sucks...but at least I can fix it now.

G

Hey all,
Here's 2.6.1, and it should be fixed. The file Gedemon posted may have placed a '1' next to all imported files, as opposed to just the art (thus the messed up text). I fixed this. Let me know if this works (is on first page). I can't update the modbuddy page because I'm out of the country, so that sucks...but at least I can fix it now.

G

I tried it this morning. I am still getting the txt_key errors for all of the diplomatic units. I deleted the old files and unzipped the new folder to the mods, but it still doesn't work.

anyone else here getting alot of ctds? i changed the 0's to 1's and although it fixed the textures i seem to get ctds after about 20 turns, wont tell me why either.

anyone else here getting alot of ctds? i changed the 0's to 1's and although it fixed the textures i seem to get ctds after about 20 turns, wont tell me why either.

I am not getting any ctds but my screen is frezzing all the time... :(

EDIT: ok I have now downloaded the new "fixed" download. Going to try it.

BTW, wold it be possible for me to edit the minor civs so they can produce and settle more towns and combinding that with this mod? I wold gues that there wold be no conflicts if I did that but IDK so im asking :)

I am not getting any ctds but my screen is frezzing all the time... :(

EDIT: ok I have now downloaded the new "fixed" download. Going to try it.

BTW, wold it be possible for me to edit the minor civs so they can produce and settle more towns and combinding that with this mod? I wold gues that there wold be no conflicts if I did that but IDK so im asking :)

Combining my mod with an expanding CS mod should be possible. This mod doesn't touch CS behavior, simply CS production/growth/gold speeds (keeping them competitive but not OP). Let me know if you have any problems.

I didn't experiencing crashing while testing, but who knows....you could try moving the moddatabase.cache (in your documents/civ5/cache folder, I believe) out of its folder. That sometimes purges old, bad files out of the mod system (you'll have to re-check your mods if you do this, but you won't lose them). The crashing could be related to multiple mod conflicts as well.

For everyone else, please let me know of any problems you are having with the mod, specifically:

.dds file problems (textures not loading)

TEXT_KEY issues (units/buildings without proper descriptions)

crashing (mod-related only, please).

Ok so I tried to play with your uppdated fix but It dident go to whell.
When I meet my first civilization "english" there where alot of small long triangles going out from the center of the body of the english leeder. and when I closed that I got a big yellow thing blocking my warior and then the screen frozze.

So ether your fix isent working or something has gone wrong with the last uppdate for Civ5(I havent played a vanilla game since the last vertion). I will try starting a vanilla game and then edit this post with my result in, so we can se if its your mod or the vanilla game.

Ok so I tried to play with your uppdated fix but It dident go to whell.
When I meet my first civilization "english" there where alot of small long triangles going out from the center of the body of the english leeder. and when I closed that I got a big yellow thing blocking my warior and then the screen frozze.

So ether your fix isent working or something has gone wrong with the last uppdate for Civ5(I havent played a vanilla game since the last vertion). I will try starting a vanilla game and then edit this post with my result in, so we can se if its your mod or the vanilla game.

That doesn't sound like a problem with my mod, as I don't mess with leaders or anything other than a few buildings and some units and their respective AI. Any other mods?

Try verifying the game cache as well.
G

That doesn't sound like a problem with my mod, as I don't mess with leaders or anything other than a few buildings and some units and their respective AI. Any other mods?

G

Your reply to Erik got me thinking. I use a ton of mods, 2 pages worth. So I unchecked them all except CS Diplomacy et voila, it works properly. So now I just need to figure out what is not playing nicely with your mod. Thanks for keeping up on this during your vacation!

G

Ok so Ive now played a vanilla game on standard all the way untill 1900 AD and no problems at all. I currently have 4 mods installed and I only had your mod checked when I tried to play it. So I wold gues something is wrong with your mod for some weird reson, unless I got a bad download. I will try redownload the mod tomorow and test it, but right now I need to sleep.

Thanks for keeping up on this during your vacation!

Yepp, enjoy your vacation Ive got patience to go around for all so no need to take to mutch time from your vacation to solve this :)

I was having problems with the game "hanging" not crashing but just getting stuck in a loop .deleting the cache as described in post 411 and going to the mod page and rechecking the ones you want to use, seemed to solve the problem

Ok so Ive now played a vanilla game on standard all the way untill 1900 AD and no problems at all. I currently have 4 mods installed and I only had your mod checked when I tried to play it. So I wold gues something is wrong with your mod for some weird reson, unless I got a bad download. I will try redownload the mod tomorow and test it, but right now I need to sleep.

Yepp, enjoy your vacation Ive got patience to go around for all so no need to take to mutch time from your vacation to solve this :)

You are welcome, however I must confess I am with my in-laws...so even bug squashing is more appealing than that sometimes!! :)

Good to hear that clearing the modcache helped robin- everyone else might give this a try as well. I promise I won't leave again just after an update (ahem...Jon Shafer...ahem). Too soon?

G

i keep getting cannot load dds textures error every time i go to build screen it also appears on tech tree. pretty much everytime something from your mod appears it does it.

I had to start a new game because of an issue with a different project, and whatever you did it works perfectly. Thanks for the quick fix!

Top Bottom