City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

oops, didn't think of that.! But looking a that picture shouldn't the fact that I'm now a friend and not an ally mean that the coloured bar should be green and not blue..?

G
=
The other mods are on the front page and should be in the mod browser. They are independent mods.

G

I can't find the Suleiman trait at all, I searched Suleiman, Caravanserai, and even Gazebo. What should I search? I can download the medic mod but I can't install it, the "Install Mods" button won't appear. Any idea?

@Gov

They are on the first page at the bottom of the first post with a "clicky" underlined wording...

File Type: civ5mod Suleiman's Caravanserai Trait (v 2).civ5mod (1.1 KB, 261 views)
File Type: civ5mod Medical Support Units (v 3).civ5mod (429.5 KB, 311 views)
File Type: rar City-State Diplomacy Mod 2.9.rar (1.82 MB, 83 views)

...mine are not clickable the ones in the first post are.

The first two you need to download them and place them in your mod folder. Then start the game then go to the mod section and click on the install mod. It will pick up on the two mods you have dropped into that folder. "Green tick" them to enable and Bob is your proverbial.

I don't know if this is a general bug or to do with the mod, but when I destroyed Alexander, I was able to make peace with Florence, but they remained allied with Greece, the dead civ?

I don't know if this is a general bug or to do with the mod, but when I destroyed Alexander, I was able to make peace with Florence, but they remained allied with Greece, the dead civ?

Are you playing with Random Events? There's a bug with that mod that allows a civ to "survive" if they had gotten the free tile event because the free tile doesn't flip to the conquered city's new owner.

Are you playing with Random Events? There's a bug with that mod that allows a civ to "survive" if they had gotten the free tile event because the free tile doesn't flip to the conquered city's new owner.

What's random events? I don't think I've heard of it. The only other mods I used were Food Economy Resources, City State Leader Icons, and No Building Maintenence.

Is this cod compatible with both Balance Combined and WWGD? I would really use it in my pack!

Is this cod compatible with both Balance Combined and WWGD? I would really use it in my pack!

Yup! I use Balance and CSD in all my games, WWGD sometimes (waiting on the new version). The only overlap is that CSD removes the "we've had a dispute" quest to kill another CS and Balance buffs the reward for doing the quest. It's really easy to change in the mod file though if you want the quest turned back on.

Like Seek said, compatibility is fine with most every mod because it simply adds a new gameplay element, rather than drastically modifying existing rules.

A few things to watch out for:

-Mods that emphasize gold production and/or boost production in general might imbalance CSD slightly.

-Mods that tweak City-State related AI (Major civ relations, minor civ growth, etc.) might make the AI more or less reluctant to use CSD.

G

Just a quick suggestion.

I would love to see Diplomats tied in with Puppet cities.

Something like. You conquer a city. The city stays in a state of anarchy, Possible Emigration or simply population deaths can occur each turn.

City stays in a state of anarchy until you introduce a diplomat and turn it into a puppet. You could even have Civ you are at war with able to gain influence with that city by sending his own diplomats. Of course it would be difficult during a war.

Once the war was over you could then annex the city if you had more influence with it... or the original Civ could if they had. Would make long protracted wars a bit more difficult to manage and would give another reason to either keep the war going... until you got another diplomat in there, or to stop it... so you can annex the city.

Just a thought.

I just finished playing my first game (I'm a 'turn here and there, save, flee the apartment' sort of player and it takes me a while, if you saw my first post) with this mod and I've got to say that it is awesome.

If I had any advice about it: (sorry, I forget the names) but the first two policies in patronage, one of them you kept the same (20 rep min. fine, still solid in this mod) but the other one (that makes your money gifts worth more in Vanilla) in your mod you change it to cheaper diplomatic units. What I found was that late in the game (w/that talent, forums, foreign office) I was having no problem cranking out the units other than the unit limit. I like the unit limit it works, but I think that policy might be more useful if instead of increasing production on diplomatic units maybe instead it could just add a couple of moves to your diplomatic units (like the corresponding policy in commerce) so that you could get faster turnover.

I don't know if this has been reccomended before or tested or how much it might screw things up, it just seemed to me that it would be more helpful of a policy that way

I think that if you start making changes that effect any different mechanics you should make it modular with the current version so that it can easily be disabled for ppl that use this with thals balance mod.

One thought i had for improvement (although not entirely related to what you have now) is to create a trade caravan type system. You could use it to transfer hammers from one city to another, by building it somewhere and having it expend itself in another city for a one time hammer boost. Or you could send it to an AI city and maybe it creates a trade route between your city and theirs or something. I think there should be some interaction between civs like that.

It would help add depth to city specialization as well because you could have a city that specializes in gold but maybe needs some gold buildings and rather then have that city spend 50 turns on a market or bank another city can create a couple caravans to help out and make it faster to build.

Just an idea :p

Top Bottom