CIV Gold!

Is there XML file support for the sound pack add on for canada available?

IF YES: Please post them

IF NO:
Would you like me to assist on this?, for this is the mod I use on a regular basis and have already created them

lemme know

purplexus said:
Is there XML file support for the sound pack add on for canada available?

IF YES: Please post them

IF NO:
Would you like me to assist on this?, for this is the mod I use on a regular basis and have already created them

lemme know

We do have sound files for some of the civs (Turks, for instance). I'll add the Canada soundpack for version 2.0. If the soundpack (for all civs) ends up being to big, we may do it as an add on.

But if you're offering help, you won't be turned away. :) We could use a good sound guy.

Shqype said:
If you set the default mod through CIV4Config.ini to something that doesn't exist, it will load the vanilla files in its stead.

Sorry, I was having a bad day. Like I said... I really wasn't trying to be nasty.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I don't know what to tell you. The mod shouldn't be anywhere near 252 MB.

It sounds to me like you might be a directory off. Did you create a CIV Gold folder then unzip to it? Or did you unzip it straight to mods?

And I know you're frustrated, but Shqype is a CIV Gold team member and he's just trying to make sure all the steps have been followed. It's not at all rare for someone to overlook a step.

I'm gonna delete everything and try this all over again.

Well... after about the 1 billionth time, I finally got it to work again. I have no idea what I did differently this time.

Well, thanks for hanging with me guys.

Just a note to say that CIV Gold 2.0 is moving forward. Things are slow going because all team members are very busy at the moment, but we are committed.

I'll post a lost of version 2.0 civs in the near future, but you can expect the Magyar, Sioux and Nubians to make an appearance, for certain. There qill be around 20-21 new civs in 2.0.

I've been slacking a bit on my end, but I'm making an effort to have the new leaderheads as different as possible. Still not able to edit the meshes or create new leaderheads, but I'm getting some interesting results.

Every time I try to download this it always puts me in a queue line of 6 minutes and when Im up, it puts me back in the end! :( I just wanna play civ gold!!!

I'm sorry ChrisRoom. Try again, and if it gets stuck, just click refresh inside the window and then download.

We're working on v2.0 so if you don't get to try v1, then hopefully soon you'll be able to try v2!

I don’t mean to rain on everyone’s parade, but with Warlords coming out soon, wouldn’t it save some time and effort to wait for the expansion to come out and then update CivGold, that way you have the new leaders, the new traits, and everything else to incorporate and use. I mean why spend time trying to fix a leader head when Warlords will have a brand new leader head that’s been professionally created?

For which leader are you speaking about?

Besides, we want to have mods around for people to enjoy in the meantime. Imagine what the modding community would be like if everyone had the mentality "it's pointless to work on something that you're going to have to update in x months anyway" or "I'll just keep waiting they update at their own pace."

We give the community something to play with until the new patches/expansion packs, and then we update to the newest version. It isn't at all difficult once you have the base down.

flyerec said:
I don’t mean to rain on everyone’s parade, but with Warlords coming out soon, wouldn’t it save some time and effort to wait for the expansion to come out and then update CivGold, that way you have the new leaders, the new traits, and everything else to incorporate and use. I mean why spend time trying to fix a leader head when Warlords will have a brand new leader head that’s been professionally created?
I can only speak for myself but I for one would really hate to see Civ Gold stop it's development at the current point. I'm not planning on buying Warloards - to me it seems like a small insignificant expansion that was definately planned way before it was announced (read: before Vanilla was released). It's just so common these days for software companies to try to squeeze extra money out of us by making "updates" to the games we've just bought. I see Civ Gold as a way of getting just about the same as the expansion for free with the aid of some devoted and skilled people. I'm a big fan! The only justification I can see for buying Warloards is the Warloard unit which I haven't quite figured out how to make similar to in Vanilla.

So the way I see it: Keep up the good work guys! :goodjob:

\Skodkim

For which leader are you speaking about?
Well Carthage's Hannibal, for instance, there’s also Churchill and Stalin confirmed; also with the new civilizations like the Zulus, Celts, Vikings, Ottomans, and Koreans. You now have a specially created leader head not, just a re-skinned one. And you can take these new leader heads and re-skin them to help create more varied leader heads for the CivGold civilizations. You’ll also have new leaders for existing civilizations to take advantage of as well.

Besides, we want to have mods around for people to enjoy in the meantime.”
I understand that, but correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Warlords coming out like next month?

Some people don’t plan on buying Warlords, which I can understand, but for me, civ 4 was the first civ game I played and I thought it was excellent, some of my friends are even planning on buying both when Warlords comes out. So I’ll probably be picking it up, from what I’ve read it does sound like a very cool new idea. Sure I’d rather they just include it with the first one, but this is how the industry works, and rather then complaining about it, I’d rather just play the game.

If your already well into the next update by all means finish it, I wasn’t sure how far along you were with it. Anyway, just my two cents.

flyerec,

I share your concerns over this. I think what we have decided to do is have a "Vanilla" edition and a "Warlords" edition, making changes as necesary.

You are absolutely correct that having new choices will give us new options. But I think we'll cross that bridge when we get to it and decide what to do - if anything - with what we have.

skodkim said:
I can only speak for myself but I for one would really hate to see Civ Gold stop it's development at the current point. I'm not planning on buying Warloards - to me it seems like a small insignificant expansion that was definately planned way before it was announced (read: before Vanilla was released). It's just so common these days for software companies to try to squeeze extra money out of us by making "updates" to the games we've just bought. I see Civ Gold as a way of getting just about the same as the expansion for free with the aid of some devoted and skilled people. I'm a big fan! The only justification I can see for buying Warloards is the Warloard unit which I haven't quite figured out how to make similar to in Vanilla.

So the way I see it: Keep up the good work guys! :goodjob:

\Skodkim
Well, in Warlords' defense, there will be more than just a Warlord unit. There will be new additions such as "Settler camps" for nomadic civilizations (which seems to be a unit that can 'unpack' itself into a city and can later 're-pack' itself into a unit), and in addition to new content (like civilization-specific buildings, new leader traits, new units) there will also be the removal of the 18 civilization limit, among other things (like scenarios).

So I do feel the Warlords expansion will be a nice addition to the game.

flyrec, I see what you're saying. If Warlords expansion gives us leaderheads for civs, then we simply replace them. No biggy. It would be very simple to create a new version specifically for Warlords, adding in only the civs not already included by the new pack.

Stupid question - How do you install it?

I opened it in the 7-Zip File Manager Program, but now where do I put the files? Can they all stay in the same folder? What do I do?

sbrylski06 said:
Stupid question - How do you install it?

I opened it in the 7-Zip File Manager Program, but now where do I put the files? Can they all stay in the same folder? What do I do?

Simply unzip the file to the 'Mods' directory.

Top Bottom