CIV Gold!

looks like another good mod wyz_sub10

Drogear said:
Nice to see civ Gold out! But could the readme be posted on this forum? I cant load up civ due to workrelated issues (Im at work!).

I would love to see what new units there is and their stats.
Unfortunately we did not include that information in the readme. The best way to find out is to check through the civilopedia :p

Man, I must have missed it, but is Civ Gold out??? And if so i can not find it in the Mod Pack!?!?!

Shqype and Wyz_sub10, correct me if i'm wrong, but are you two working with Sevo on the 3.0 version? Or were you all working seperate mods?

PMabey said:
this is a great mod. maybe u could combine it with amra's animated modpack.

Right now, all the leaders included have animated heads. Some of the civs in amra's packs are either ones we'll be included in the near future, or one that may not be included (hard to say at this point).

But amra will definitely be kept in the loop and there will be opportunities to share work in the future, no doubt.

@Wyz_sub10

When you said Sevo did the LH's I went and read the last few pages of his thread. I was not aware that he was working on this with you and there there was even going to be such a thing as Civ Gold.

Sorry about putting out something similar. My mod was just a compilation that I had done for myself that I thought a few others may want. It sounds like your mod has way more reskinned (and nicer, judging from the screen in Sevo's thread) LHs than mine. If you or Sevo want to use the LHs that I did, please feel free to merge them into your mod.

I had planned on doing more for my mod but in light of all the work your team (vs just me) has done I will probably try to fix any bugs that may crop up on mine and maybe merge your civs into my mod FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE (i'd like to actually play the game sometime). If I do so, I will not be posting it so please, anyone reading this, don't ask. I do NOT want to step on anyone's toes here, especially Sevo's!

Out of curiosity (I haven't been able to download it yet), does Civ Gold include any interface changes or is it strictly a civ add-on for vanilla Civ with UU's, pedia entries, etc.?

WHERE!!!?!? Wyz sig block says it is still coming, but i can't locate the Gold pack...which at this point i assume is out!!??

xprment626 said:
Man, I must have missed it, but is Civ Gold out??? And if so i can not find it in the Mod Pack!?!?!

Check the link in the opening post. I'll edit my sig now...

Shqype and Wyz_sub10, correct me if i'm wrong, but are you two working with Sevo on the 3.0 version? Or were you all working seperate mods?

Sevo's Fusion mod (3.0) is a separate mod that will include CIV Gold. Fusion contains so much more - CIV Gold is simply the Civ component.

Shqype was the first to agree to give up days of his time :), then Sevo came on board to lend his expertise. I have to say, these guys were nothing short of amazing. *If* Sevo wants us to help with his stuff, I would in a heartbeat.

I think Shqype has some plans for us though. ;) And I still want to rope them in to future releases. :D

Like many of you, I'm looking forward to Sevo's 3.0 mod.

xprment626 said:
WHERE!!!?!? Wyz sig block says it is still coming, but i can't locate the Gold pack...which at this point i assume is out!!??

His signature block said CivIV GOLD. But the only one I see released is Civ Gold. Anyways that one is out on the first page here.

Amra said:
Sorry about putting out something similar. My mod was just a compilation that I had done for myself that I thought a few others may want. It sounds like your mod has way more reskinned (and nicer, judging from the screen in Sevo's thread) LHs than mine. If you or Sevo want to use the LHs that I did, please feel free to merge them into your mod.

Don't be sorry - I think it's a great pack. If there's anything the community likes, it's more stuff! We should chat about opportunities. Like I said, there are more civs to do.

I do NOT want to step on anyone's toes here, especially Sevo's!

Don't worry, Sevo has big feet...we all do. :D

Out of curiosity (I haven't been able to download it yet), does Civ Gold include any interface changes or is it strictly a civ add-on for vanilla Civ with UU's, pedia entries, etc.?

- no interface changes (Fusion 3.0 has many changes like that, though)
- strictly an add on - you get 20 more civs with all the trimmings - the hope is that, besides the familiarity of the leaderheads, you shouldn't notice much difference between the vanilla civs and the new ones

Ahh got it thanks all. I would love to see a combined Mod pack from you three...I think Fireaxis would too LOL. It makes me wonder if they don't "keep their eyes" on your guys links...maybe a little industrial spying hehe?
Your guys mods are the only ones I use, and I've had multiplay games with Sevo's for months now. Keep it up guys.

FYI... I posted a link to your Mod on my thread. Hope lots of people download it.

Thank you guys for your support and feedback. Our plans were to make this modpack the "definitive" civilization add-on. As for interface changes and gameplay mechanics/additions/revisions and changes, we did not do that with this civpack. Our goal was to provide a high-quality modpack adding more civilizations, leaders, and unique units to the game. While there are already civpacks out there (LAnkou SuperCiv, CivArmy's Next Level Mod), these compilations seem to be splicings of different civs, and in some cases are missing content such as civilopedia entries. Not to knock the work of others, for those mods do provide entertainment and give some users the variety they desire, but we felt in one way or another they lacked a uniformity and were incomplete, somehow "missing something."

We worked to create a uniform pack of civilizations with animated leaderheads (which the community has been asking for for a while) that looked as if they were included into the vanilla CIV itself. We desired seemless integration for this mod, giving users the variety we all desire. Like CIV Gold's mission statement states:
With CIV Gold we are attempting to create the “definitive” civ add-on for users and mod-makers, alike. There are some great civ combo packs out now, but none that apply universal standards across the board. This pack is meant to be focused, complete, and comprehensive.

The CIV Gold Team encourages input, feedback, and constructive criticism. We want to know how to make this mod better for our future releases, which will include more civilizations. What do you like about this mod? What don't you like? What would you like to see in a future version? Would 2 unique units for every civilization interest you? If so, then do you have any ideas of which units to add for which civilization?

Help us by telling us what you want. Once we know what the community desires from each individual perspective, then we can move on to implement those desires.

We also encourage modmakers to use this civpack in their mods. If you are creating a mod with new gameplay changes/tweaks, a few more civilizations certainly wouldn't hurt! Feel free to integrate this civpack into your own mod to give users more of a choice. We simply ask that you give credit to the CIV Gold Team (Sevo, Shqype, Wyz_sub10) and to the respective original authors.

:)

cant DL the mod, get a not so balzing speed of aroung 3-4kb/s (got 1mb connection)

Could yoy find more hosts for the files?

Drogear said:
Ok trying another of the many links now, got aorund 100kb now, hope it wount slow down like the first one

Yes, we're trying to find a better host. Right now it's hard to find a place to store such a big file, but we'll come up with something.

Would 2 unique units for every civilization interest you?
-Shqype

Heck yeah!!! Bring em on!! How about the Vikings with Beserkers AND Longboats, Rome with Pratorians and Auxillia, Byzantines with Cataphracts and Janissaries,for that matter...how about spreading the unique units over different time periods? Teutonic Knights...and Panther tanks...etc, ???

Got the mod now. Great work.

Felt wierd to have to get winzip to use the files. What happends after the 40 day tryout period? Do I have to buy it get futher civ gold updates? Im using winrar otherwise.

Winzip was not used. The file was compressed in 7-zip format which compresses so well that it cuts the size of a .zipped file in half! Use WinRAR to un-7-zip the file.

xprment626, that is something I would be interested in incorporating into the CIV Gold Mod, and I think it would add more variety to the game. Let's see what other people think about it.

Top Bottom