The City States of Greece

No. It has something to do with an legend about some Jedi Knights.

ooc: I will just post a SW i have written in LucasForums.

Random stories will not gain you any reward, and is considered spam. The stories thus far have atleast been set in our time period. Preferably your story should take place in Athens.

Why not a SW. I will explain about the force.

:cry:

Oh wait, I misread thinking you said random stories will gain prestige......

RP:

A Japanese haiku printed on palm leaves has circulated the city causing consternation and unrest.

megakyrios
he who rules with iron fist
dies with rusted hands

The ignorant masses struggle to understand the meaning and whisper under their breath while they toil in the mines....

However, the loyal sun baked plebs of Athens have an ode they like to chant as well. It helps them to make light of the very real possibility of a bloody war with the Japanese.

A Shogun exists down the river
who wants the Eurota delivered
to eat all the wheat and drink all the wine
but the Archon will serve from his quiver

Even though they break their backs extracting ore from the dry and dusty hills, even though they must pay more tax, even though they may die at the hands of the Japanese, these words give them the strength to go on another day.

It appears that poetry can be a useful tool in these ancient times :cooool:

What do you mean "ancient times"? We represent the height of modernity! Did the ancients have bows? Did they have mines? No, they didn't. But we do, which makes us blessed by the gods to be living in these modern times.

Anyway, I have composed another ode to celebrate our new troops and to steel their hearts before the coming storm.

Sharp stone tipped the straight shafts filling every quiver held by the warriors of brave Athena.
Swift Artemis moves invisibly amongst them, blessing each man who stands to defend his home.
At rosy fingered Dawns appearance they will march to meet those who would defile the gift of the gods.
All people of brave Athena's city make sacrifices in their name, imploring the gods to aid them.
Through strength of arm and skill of shot they will defend the sacred Eurotas from the barbarians of the north.
This task they accept, though every man knows it may cost his life.
May the gods grant the barbarians back down and withdraw their false claim upon the sacred river.
Men of brave Athena's city, the gods go with you.
March out with pride.
March back with victory!

The adventures of Christos :

Part 1:

A long time ago, before Athens was created, when only small villages existed, a hero named Christos changed the history of the entire world. This is his story.

In the plains of Dramanian, a small village existed. With only 200 people living in it, it was very small and undefended. So every month a bunch of evil Japanese Barbarians attacked Dramanian. But Zeus could not stand this. << The Dramanians always gave us the most honors>> Zeus said to the rest of the Gods << We should help them and protect them. I have found a man who will win those Japanese scums. Christos, a young farmer. After his farm was burned by some Japanese and his family was killed by them, he lived under the protection of the Priest of Dramanian, Pythonas. For 20 years, every night, i was taking human form and trained him in the martial arts. I told him that i was an old friend of his father. So now he is 19 year old and the best warrior in the world. It is his destiny to stop the Japanese. But without an army he cant win a war. So i will help him. I will have a huge storm to hit the Japanese, and then i will go and advise Christos to attack the Japanese. The time has come. The Japanese will die!!!>>

Meanwhile, in Dramanian, Christos trains at sword fighting with his friend Alexius. Christos has black hair,blue eyes and wears a black robe. He has some scars in his face. Christos attacks Alexius and after a fearsome duel he manages to cut in two his friend's sword. <<Hahaha. I won. But you are very good at sword fighting, Alexius. >> Christos said to Alexius. Alexius was a young tall man with green eyes and black hair. An old hooded man with a black robe comes near Christos. << Hello master Ben.>> Christos shouted. <<Come with me.>> Ben said. Christos said goodby to Alexius and came near Ben. <<Christos. Soon the Japanese will come. I want you in 3 hours to attack the Japanese with the entire army of Dramanian.>> Ben said. << But how they will believe me? Only if the Priest advised that to the King to do so, he would attack. But how i will persuade him?>> Christos replied. <<You must face your destiny, young one.>> Ben answered before he left to the forest. Once Ben left, Christos went to Pythonas, the priest.

But in the forest near Dramanian, Ben flied to the sky and changed his form. Ben, in reality, was Zeus.

After the Japs, Christos will have to fight a demon that wants to overthrow Zeus.

What kind of nature spirit would try to overthrow the son of Kronos? Furthermore, why would the king of the gods need anyone to squash such a minor threat on his behalf?

You will soon learn. The Titans will be released.

:dubious: No legend I was taught as a young man indicates the titans have ever been released from Tartarus since Zeus imprisoned them. Would the Great Hierarch provide guidance on these tales doing the round of the plebian districts.

Well, A crazy King helped the Titans escape. Wait until i post the next part.

The lack of abberations in the natural order and the absence of urgent of oracular warnings, indicates that the titans remain in their proper place, which is of course locked in the burning wastes of Tartarus. These stories are merely that, stories and do not reflect reality, the common folk and some of the nobility as well are want to tell such stories so I hear.

-

ON THE PANATHENAIA

On other matters I have pondered the Lord Demandros' suggestion that we glorify Athena with a festival. I have decided that this is a good idea and is a suitable event for the worship of the divine Athena. Let it be so that the Panathenaia shalt begin its occurances according to the manner laid out by the Demandroi and by the universal rites of Dodekatheism. However in addition to this I proclaim that on this festival in addition to the necessary rites, the sacred Xoanon (sacred cult image in which the spirit of the god is said to reside) of Athena is to be taken out of its sanctuary and in procession through the streets of Athens on the final day of the festival to be revealed to the people for the benediction and blessing of the entire city. On this day only shall it be taken from the sanctuary and be seen by those other than the priests charged with the chief shrine of Athena.

The first Panathenaia shalt be held in next year, with the third day of the festical coinciding with the anniversary of the revelation of Athena so that this festival shalt have further significance in recalling the codification of the traditional religion by the grace of the gods. During the intervening year the priests and faithful of Athens are to make the sacred robe that shall adorn the statue of Athena and prepare for the necessary ceremonies in addition to naturally conducting ordinary duties and rites.

I furthermore decree that for the duration of this festival and for the days immediately before and after it, there shalt be a public holiday so that all people may worship Athena our patron with utmost devotion and participate in the sacreds rites which I myself shalt lead, and so that the faithful can both spiritually prepare themselves for the festival and engage in spiritual reflection after it is concluded for the year.

I never said that it was real. This is just a story for the Greek people to read.

To prevent theological confusion among the uneducated masses that may lead to a failure to do proper honour unto the gods, I recommend that works of fiction should not focus on the works of the Olympians. If the people of Athens began to worship fictional 'heroes' the wrath of the gods would surely be drawn upon us.

Top Bottom