Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

Quick update.

After getting all the religion stats finished (there are six major and five or six schismatics) I came to a conclusion.

I really did not like the math involved math wise for religion. It felt too...mathy. Not very personal for the most part. For the most part, I've been spending the last day or two thinking/looking for a better system which drastically cuts down on that and I'm pretty sure I came up with a solution and right now, I'm going back and prettying up the main stats along with a few other changes.

Because of this, sign-ups are open again.

Rule Changes

-There is no longer percentage based religions. Instead, the only listed religions are the State Religion, Major Religions, and Notable Religions. If there is an astericks next to the religion in your stats, that means you control the holy city.

-Cultural Tech eliminated

-Changed what forts do again. Forts no longer limit where you can attack but it does increase effectiveness of troops fighting around/inside the fort territory. Check the rules for further information.

(note: some of this may be stretching the limits of "no stupid nations" if so, I can switch it around completely)

The Empire of the Night's Dream

Welcome, my friend, to a land built completely from dreams.

See that fountain there? No, we didn't built it.

Our forebears took a long voyage from the far North, trying to find a land that pleased them. None did. Until they came here, and found the Fountain.

That night, they all dreamed dreams of a grand empire.

And they built this city.

The natives adopted their gods.

And they began to remake the world, in the image of their homeland.

In Summary: The inhabitants are a mix of Norsemen and local Bantu peoples. The Empire itself is divided into several Kingdoms, and is much like the Holy Roman Empire of another world.
Government: An elective monarchy - each kingdom convenes at the Emperor's death on the Island of Dreams (Zanzibar) to choose the next Emperor.
Religion: Forn Siðr (Odin, Thor, etc.)

Link to video.

Well...we have rock worshippers. I'll allow it.

Edit: Wait, no. You can't create your own religion (we're full in that regard).

You start with 500 pops

GNP is population*industry+trade

Regiments cost ten (10) pops each and have a starting maintenance cost of $1

Army Tech: Increases effectiveness of regiments.
(Costs (100+# of existing armies) times tech level being aimed for.

Army Tech: Increases effectiveness of regiments.
(Costs (100+# of existing armies) times tech level being aimed for.

So if I build 10 regiments (= armies?) I reduce my working population by 100 or 20% and my GNP is based on the non army 400 and not 500, and if they all die in battle, my total population is now 400, correct?

Now if i want to improve my 10 regiment army by one tech level it will cost $100 + $10 * 2 = $220?

So if I build 10 regiments (= armies?) I reduce my working population by 100 or 20% and my GNP is based on the non army 400 and not 500, and if they all die in battle, my total population is now 400, correct?

Now if i want to improve my 10 regiment army by one tech level it will cost $100 + $10 * 2 = $220?

Regiments and armies are used interchangeably in IOTs (a lot).

If you recruit 10 regiments, your population decreases by 20% and your GNP is based on non-military populations. Hence, 400 factors in, not 500. If the units are destroyed in battle, some will be added back to your pop, others killed, others captured.

Yes, $220.

Thanks. BTW, my nation should start out richer than the other nations in China by a factor of 4. I would appreciate that a whole lot. ;)

Thanks. BTW, my nation should start out richer than the other nations in China by a factor of 4. I would appreciate that a whole lot. ;)

Dommy, Christos, Dem Taqat, Krrrrrrr: "How the hell did he start with 2000 pops?"

Answer: Super RP?

Because he is Mod.?

Uh...my religion has nothing to do with that. it's Forn Sidr (Norse religion)

No, I was thinking more of the name but...nevermind.

I was saying Forn Sidr isn't allowed because there is a limit of "non-schismatic" religions in the game at once.

I am now very confused...could you please elaborate?

There can only be one active main religion for every four nations in the game. At the moment, the religions are Celto-Catholicism, Catharism, Monolith Worship, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Islam.

From these, a nation can declare a schism against the church (or a schism against a schism). From there, we have Bogomil (Celto-Catholic), Oriental Catholicism (Celto-Catholic), Orthodox Christianity (Celto-Catholic), Orthodox Christianity (Catharism), and Tibetan Buddhism (Buddhism).

There can only be one active main religion for every four nations in the game. At the moment, the religions are Celto-Catholicism, Catharism, Monolith Worship, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Islam.

From these, a nation can declare a schism against the church (or a schism against a schism). From there, we have Bogomil (Celto-Catholic), Oriental Catholicism (Celto-Catholic), Orthodox Christianity (Celto-Catholic), Orthodox Christianity (Catharism), and Tibetan Buddhism (Buddhism).

Can I just add Christ as one of the gods in my pantheon and call it an offshoot of one of the Christian religions?

Sign-ups, religion changes, etc locked. SK's religion as a schism of (RNG roll) Cathar is accepted

Two questions about the rule changes:

1) What is the new limit on expanding into unclaimed territories now that forts don't provide a hard limit?
2) Where does my money go if I spend to much on missionaries/the inquisition now that cultural tech does not exist?

Top Bottom