The world considers you a villian!

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
For wanting to stay in free market and vetoing global environmentalism.

In the real world most countries still operate under a free market and have been very slow to go green, and ofc becoming more eco friendly doesn't mean no more free market (or state property) either.

I was just thinking about this while reading the other thread on civic combinations.

In the real world most countries still operate under a free market and have been very slow to go green, and ofc becoming more eco friendly doesn't mean no more free market (or state property) either.

Yeah, Environmentalism seems more like a Religion Civic.

"Free Market" in-game seems to represent more the untamed capitalism of circa-1900 America.

So you're basically advocating the "huge pollution-spewing factories and dumping waste into rivers until they glow in the dark" brand of capitalism while everybody else is going for solar panels and electric cars.

"Free Market" in-game seems to represent more the untamed capitalism of circa-1900 America.

So you're basically advocating the "huge pollution-spewing factories and dumping waste into rivers until they glow in the dark" brand of capitalism while everybody else is going for solar panels and electric cars.
Modern capitalism produces less CO2 than it used to because the West has become more efficient at producing GDP as a ratio of energy consumed. The sort of capitalism you describe is alive and well in China, and starting to get a hold in India.

Environmentalism in Civ IV has always annoyed me, I think it's a pretty nonsensical idea that humanity could nullify the damage that we do to the environment for virtually no cost, it's more like a sci-fi/fantasy ideal rather than an actual policy.

Modern capitalism produces less CO2 than it used to because the West has become more efficient at producing GDP as a ratio of energy consumed. The sort of capitalism you describe is alive and well in China, and starting to get a hold in India.

Environmentalism in Civ IV has always annoyed me, I think it's a pretty nonsensical idea that humanity could nullify the damage that we do to the environment for virtually no cost, it's more like a sci-fi/fantasy ideal rather than an actual policy.

It's not all of it, and it's not without cost (particularly if running corps, in which case, huge cost). Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Top Bottom