I cannot get BAT to run for the life of me

Runic

Chieftain
Whenever I start it up it tells me "Mods\AT Mod 4.1\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring". I am running BTS 3.17 on Windows XP.

You're running BTS 3.17? How did you get BAT to install? It shouldn't install on anything less than 3.19. BAT won't work on 3.17. That might be a part of your problem.

Did you install BAT into the Firaxis Games\...\Mods folder or the My Documents\My Games\...\Mods folder?

I did. I installed it in the Steam folder first, but then uninstalled it and reinstalled in the correct location. And truth be told I'm having a hard time telling exactly what version I have installed. I think it's 3.17.

I did. I installed it in the Steam folder first, but then uninstalled it and reinstalled in the correct location. And truth be told I'm having a hard time telling exactly what version I have installed. I think it's 3.17.

If it's 3.17, you'll need to update to 3.19 or BAT won't run.

"Mods\AT Mod 4.1\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring"

Is that a typo or did you copy and paste that error? I ask because the folder is missing the leading "B" in "BAT Mod 4.1". Just checking to be sure...

Wait a second ... who is the EF person? Is it the mythical person that cannot die? Welcome back EmperorFool!

Who was that masked man? :lol:

Is that a typo or did you copy and paste that error? I ask because the folder is missing the leading "B" in "BAT Mod 4.1". Just checking to be sure...

That is exactly what it says. I am updated to the latest Steam version. I strongly suspect that that flawed reference is the source of my problems, but I cannot find where it is for the life of me.

That is exactly what it says. I am updated to the latest Steam version. I strongly suspect that that flawed reference is the source of my problems, but I cannot find where it is for the life of me.

Try under your user folder\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods. It might be there, but unfortunately, I don't know enough about Steam versions of BTS to tell you for certain.

The mod is installed there, and seems to be fine but it just won't launch.

The mod is installed there, and seems to be fine but it just won't launch.

Are you launching it in game, by selecting "Load Mod"? Or are you using the BAT Icon?

I'm using the icon, either from the desktop or start menu. It gives me the error I transcribed above and launches the vanilla game.

Registered because I encountered this error today when I installed Civ4 through Steam.
The error is in the shortcuts target, to fix it simply:
Rightclick and choose properties of the shortcut.

Change target from "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="BAT Mod 4.1"

to "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=" BAT Mod 4.1"

The same error occurs for me with the BUG Mod, as to why the space is needed, no clue.

Thanks iru, and welcome to the forums. :D

Well, now I can get it to launch but none of the mods features activate even though it says that it loads and is running.

Well, now I can get it to launch but none of the mods features activate even though it says that it loads and is running.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you elaborate a little, please?

The mod launches but once it does it doesn't seem any different from the vanilla game. None of the features of BAT or BUG are active. Nothing happens when I try to pull up the mod menu either. Reinstalling didn't fix it.

The mod launches but once it does it doesn't seem any different from the vanilla game. None of the features of BAT or BUG are active. Nothing happens when I try to pull up the mod menu either. Reinstalling didn't fix it.

Do you get a little movie at the beginning when you start a new game? A picture of a flying bat and the words "The BAT Mod" fading in? If not, BAT isn't loading.

Have you tried to load the mod in-game by using "Load Mod"? It's possible that the icon link isn't working right.

I don't get the movie. It fails to work whether I loaded through the icon or in game through the load mod option.

Did you try the advice that iru gave? Personally, I'm stumped. I don't have a Steam based copy, so there is no way for me to test this myself. :(

Top Bottom