highest unit experience with training

This has probably been discussed before on the forum, but was unable to locate any threads pertaining to it so I figured I'd start one. After several attempts in the last few games to get a good start with the Mongols I decided to give up. And of course last night began another game, random leader/civ fractal map "my favorite map", low and behold I receive the Mongols with Kublai khan. A good start with 2 nearby horses, so I figure a good keshik rush would be fun. Quickly I conquered the Incans and Japanese, then settle in to stabilize my economy. I notice the high XP of my mounted units , then thought what would be the highest unit XP for any unit without combat. Am I correct in thinking the Mongol mounted units+4 ger+2 vassalage+2 theocracy +4 West Point +2 for each settled GG + 20 with attached GG. 34 minimum XP without combat. Am I leaving anything out, or missing something? Can any other unit reach such XP non-combat?

I think Sitting Bulls Bow-units can reach the same amount of XP, only that they got more Promotions (because of PRO) , and Boudica's units come with less XP because she has no +4 UB, but because of CHA and AGG the promotions would again outweight those of the Mongols.

You forgot Pentagon in the equation.

So most actual XP points vs. # of promos?

You could get unlimited XP with great generals. After attaching the first for 20 XP, attach the rest to another unit in the same tile. With only 2 units there, you'd get 10 XP for every additional GG.

You also forgot barracks.

Huts can give free XP... up to 10, IIRC. I'm not sure if any events do the same. I know that there are some events that dole out free promotions.

There is no limit. You can have as many settled GG's in a city as you like. I know one game I had units popping out of my IW city at 17 xp (+3 rax, +4 WP, +2 pentagon, +2 theocracy, +2 vassalage, +4 GG's) and my HE city (same, but with no WP but +8 GG's). If I had settled all GG's into one city I could have been up to 25 xp in my IW WP city. That said, I don't do that anymore; the WP and the pentagon are crappy wonders. Spend those hammers on more units and you'll be better off.

With 26xp you can get Commando units straight out of the factory. That's the goal for me, usually. You start to run into diminishing returns somewhere before that.

Don't forget Spain's Citadel grants +5xp to siege units on top of the xp you already mentioned.
I think Seraiel is right on the total # of promotions from Sitting Bull and Boudica.
Gallics start with Guerilla1 before adding her Combat1 and xp related promotions.

And get Guerrilla 2 with Dun.

Actually, this is a common misconception.
The Dun provides Guerilla1 to Archery and Gunpowder units.
So, Archers, Longbowman, Crossbowmen, Musketmen, and Grenadiers.
The Gallic Warrior starts with Guerilla1 because it is their UU and not an Archery or Gunpowder unit.
The Dun (and walls in general) become obsolete before other gunpowder units can benefit from it, hence the short list of 5 units that can benefit from the Dun.
Both Boudica and Brennus have the Charismatic trait, so Gallics and the other units mentioned above, can be promoted to Guerilla2 quickly if desired.

with an AGG or CHM leader its actually np in most mid level games to get to 17 XP or 20XP in the WP city, with the needed settled GGs comming sometimes through a lot of privateering, sometime several wars.

That's the 5th promotion, like Commando (foot troops for AGG and Horses for CHM).
Something like:
AG: Baracks/Pentagon/WP/Theo/Vass/2 GGs
CHM: Baracks/Stables/Pentagon/WP/Theo/Vass/3 GGs

(or add 1 GG to get rid of Pentagon or Vass as well as after stables are no longer useful).

Beyond that, another promotion for 4-5 GGs makes no sense in terms of efficiency.

Top Bottom