Guess the New Civs

Of course Brazil is not a clear choice like USA. But, you cant say it doesnt have a chance. Brazil was a civ on Civ Call to Power 2...

I think we will see Brazil on CiV later, not as the 9th civ of G&K. The last civ must have some kind of "wow" factor to the fan base, and Brazil is far from this. My guess still is good old Shaka.

This is a nice article about the recent rise to power of Brazil:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...esident-rousseff-obama-washington?INTCMP=SRCH

The second most powerful person in the western hemisphere arrived in Washington on Monday. But the most powerful one spent most of the day rolling Easter eggs on the South Lawn.

Is America the only civilization that is technically a colony? I don't think there are any other nations that started out as colonies is there?

Is America the only civilization that is technically a colony? I don't think there are any other nations that started out as colonies is there?

That depends, carthage was a colony of Phoenicia. And most European civs were provincies of Rome. But Rome was kind of a setlement of Etruscans...soo, everything depends of the concept of colony you want to use.

The question would be, does Firaxis want to put a Latin American civ in the game?

I think it would be a smart move, for marketing purposes. Video game market in Brazil is growing fast. That is, in my opinion, Brazil's strongest argument to be included.

I think it would be a smart move, for marketing purposes. Video game market in Brazil is growing fast. That is, in my opinion, Brazil's strongest argument to be included.

Completely agree. If the steam sales on Brazil are alredy significant, for sure Brazil has a shot to get in to improve them.

God damn it, why wasn't history as intresting in school! I never knew that D:.

Well, I guess I mean Colonies after the Reinassance, the New World/Australia etc.

Not really, Polynesia represents the indigenous groups of the islands, not the colonisers. Otherwise the leader would be Eisenhower, the UU would be an ANZAC infantry and the UI would be something Chilean

USA's leader is american, not British, but they were a colony

The only one in the game that was founded as a colony is Carthage. Others were colonized, but that's different.

USA's leader is american, not British, but they were a colony

George Washington was British in his own right until he took a role in the American Revolution on the side of the rebels. Yes, he had identified himself as American for some years before the actual war for independence, he was British, his parents were British, and his family was British. He was not American until Independence was official.

True, but America also represents the French, Dutch, Spanish and Scandinavian settlers of the area. It never was a single colony.

Well, not really. It's clear it represents the United States, not its colonial past.

Top Bottom