Gods and Kings Soundtrack

And I was surprise by Boudicae theme, I expected something for warmonger-y. I do love the music though, it is quite beautiful. Now I'm thinking about modding her war song to be Wild Rover :p It would be funny .

There's a playlist available on Youtube that contains all of the new soundtracks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mF_V5p5OpI&feature=autoplay&list=ULvblwrws-JOI&playnext=15

In my humble opinion, they're all brilliant. I love the war song of the Huns which sounds as if there are endless hordes of brutes that'll come and pillage your cities, brutalise the women and kidnap the children. The Dutch war song sounds as if Darth Vader himself comes for you and Ethiopia's war song is just beautiful.

I'm so happy that the soundtrack is awesome. Whenever I play Civ5, I turn off all sounds and just listen to the soundtrack on my iPod - endlessly. Glad to be able to add more to the great soundtrack.

I'm so happy that the soundtrack is awesome. Whenever I play Civ5, I turn off all sounds and just listen to the soundtrack on my iPod - endlessly. Glad to be able to add more to the great soundtrack.

I thought that I was the only one that do this, but how don't do it, this soundtrack is really beautiful

I don't know how obvious this is, but the soundtrack comes with the game. It's sitting in the expansion folder \Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Soundtrack

I don't know how obvious this is, but the soundtrack comes with the game. It's sitting in the expansion folder \Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Soundtrack

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I use a converter program to get them into the format and quality I want to go into iTunes, as well as to produce a nice flow through the different civs.

Much better soundtrack throughout then vanilla it you ask me. Been playing as Byzantium, definitely adds to the experience.

The music is simply amazing. Even my wife who plays Hotseat with me, said that the music so far was really good. While I simply listen to what I like, my wife has more of an ear for music, so for her to comment on it says a lot in my opinion.

Wow, this is very nice, thank you very much!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I use a converter program to get them into the format and quality I want to go into iTunes, as well as to produce a nice flow through the different civs.

Seeing as you use iTunes to listen to the soundtrack, as I do, i don't suppose you know if there is any 'official' album art we can use? If you download the soundtrack though Steam with the deluxe edition, is there any album artwork there? :mischief:

Seeing as you use iTunes to listen to the soundtrack, as I do, i don't suppose you know if there is any 'official' album art we can use? If you download the soundtrack though Steam with the deluxe edition, is there any album artwork there? :mischief:

No, I looked for a medium or high resolution square cover image on Google images. I think Civ5 soundtrack did have an official album cover but did find a good one for G&K. I can upload both tonight, if you want.

No, I looked for a medium or high resolution square cover image on Google images. I think Civ5 soundtrack did have an official album cover but did find a good one for G&K. I can upload both tonight, if you want.

Oh yes please. :D

Post a link or PM me.

Glad everyone loves the music. What do you guys think of the new CS themes? That Yereva one or whatever is my personal favorite, but they're all quite spiffy and memorable in the expack.

I had a chance to really listen to the soundtrack and felt that the war themes were a bit too consistently heavy-handed compared to the original soundtrack. I understand these are played in snippets during the game but as a full soundtrack, it can be a bit much. I do, however, love most of the peace themes.

kamex, as promised:

Attachments

• civ5.jpg
    civ5.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 227
  • civ5gk.jpg
    civ5gk.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 262
Top Bottom