Mediterranean (Ancient)

mr.karas

Chieftain
Ancient Mediterranean scenario

Introduction:
This is not historical map of ancient world in one period. It is mix of the most expansive periods of each civ, but respect their borders.

Key features:
-Real boundaries of countries in some era
-Real city names used in ancient era (Mediolanum=Milan, Massilia=Marseille, Constantinople=Istanbul, Trebizond=Trabzon etc...)
-Approximate population in cities (if data was available)
-Real placement of strategic and luxury resources, real quantity of resources. For example almost 90% oil reserves on the map is located on middle east.
-World and natural wonders are placed according reality.
-Every civ beggins with the same research, units, culture and gold

Playable civs:

Roman empire 12 cities, Greece 11 cities, Byzantium 10 cities,
Carthago 9 cities, Assyria 7 cities, Babylon 5 cities, Egypt 5 cities, Spain 8 cities, Morocco 7 cities, Portugal 4 cities, Songhai 3 cities, Venice 1 city (last 5 civs are not anciet, but they are in scenario)

14 City states

Screenshots:

Rome
Spoiler :

Greece
Spoiler :

Byzantium
Spoiler :

Assyria & Babylon
Spoiler :

Egypt
Spoiler :

Carthago
Spoiler :

Spain & Portugal
Spoiler :

Morocco
Spoiler :

Known bugs:
For now i cannot add 2 world wonders (Mausoleum of Halicarnassus and Temple of Artemis) to game, but you can build them.
Years counted +40 for every turn. I recommend to use some time mod (you can find it on this forum)

Starting game:
1. Download map file and save it to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. If you want to use some time scenario tick it, otherwise click NEXT
4. Select Custom game, and choose map Mediterranean v1, don´t forget tick Load scenario
5. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY

Enjoy ;)

Moderator Action: Removed link to commercial site. Forum rule is:
If you have a civilization-related link to advertise, you can place one thread about it in our Other Civ Related Sites forum, or you may advertise it in your signature. For people wanting to advertise other things of interest to Civ players, you must receive permission from an admin first.
You may place that link in your signature, but not inline in your post. -Gedemon

Attachments

• Mediterranean_DEMO.Civ5Map
    136.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks good. Did you make your own map?

If you are so motivated for creating good realistic scenarios without other thing than Civ 5 game + all its expansions and DLC...

It exists in Civfanatics forums some scenarios you could updating for Civ 5 Complete which is today version...

Like 1000AD from Veneke, or 800AD from Thor Macklin or 2014AD form Barbarian King, all that three are based on Earth, but it seems that you are skilled for making balanced scenarios with just the game and its expansions and DLC without any modification of any sort...

And uploading in civfanatics database, of course !

Hi, nice scenario.

I have played with Rome. In Deity and Immortal level there were problems in Science per trade route with Carthaginian cities (outcome >60 on level 7 and income >14 million in level 8), while in Emperor level it looks fine.

Hi, nice scenario.

I have played with Rome. In Deity and Immortal level there were problems in Science per trade route with Carthaginian cities (outcome >60 on level 7 and income >14 million in level 8), while in Emperor level it looks fine.

try to play more rounds... I had the same problem in another scanario but it takes only 1-2 turns... looks like it´s some game bug

This looks good. Did you make your own map?

Looks like one of mine:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=500154

Anyway, nice scenario, maybe I will give it a try.

I have prepared one for southeast Mediterranean, including preplaced world wonders according to their historical locations. Although it was very hard to balance, of their imbalance in city numbers. So I never finished it. Have you given preplaced mosques or temples to Egypt to balance religion, aswell? I found it usefull, did the same with arabia too, sadly there is no arabia in yours. But I respect that, as it is not ancient. Would be cool if every faction is playable and balanced.

hello but I still can not download it always gives me this error to download "attachment.php."
No one can tell me how to never ever gives me this error, since I'm realizing that other files in this forum give me the same problem?

hello but I still can not download it always gives me this error to download "attachment.php."
No one can tell me how to never ever gives me this error, since I'm realizing that other files in this forum give me the same problem?

It works for me, but try to download from external sharing server
Spoiler :
http://uloz.to/xBk2hUny/mediterranean-civ5map

Hi again

Thx for the map. Its great. Playing as cathage on deity with 50% slower tech mod. Workes well. Good balance. Greece is a good tech civ on this map.
Took commerce tree full and opener+worker policy in libery.
Just got into industrial era. Songhai is dead and is my dessert folklore faith engine now :)
Spain is semi beat and gonna take on Rome now. He is huge!
Fun game. Thx man :goodjob:

I have a suggestion. Maybe use ingame editor to have all the religions pre-set and then download the map from the save games tab.

Top Bottom