ModCast Episode 53: "Self-Propelling Machines"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Take flight. The fifty-third episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Self-Propelling Machines" with a runtime of 52m19s, features regular co-hosts Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley, Jett "TPangolin", Jan "Janboruta" Boruta and Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m51s | Miscellaneous
An in-depth conversation amongst the panelists about the features, mechanics and elements they would otherwise like to see in an ideal, third expansion pack for Civilization V; then, what to make of trade routes in the game during wartime (29m41s; recorded for Episode 48).
- 33m26s | Mailbag
The ups and downs of terrain feature regeneration in CivV (recorded for Episode 48).
- 35m12s | Cartography Room
The months of planning and effort of more than two dozen people pay off in spades with the release of the "Polynesia Civilization Split" MOD encompassing four civilizations: the Hawaii, Maori, Rapa Nui and Tonga.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast, and this is the first "Focus" special not under that heading. Fellow sibling RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Well, Jan, thanks to your musings, I'm inspired to add a Senate-component to Prestige for Republics.

Spoiler :

Bumping the thread for great justice and with cheers for the release, at last. :) Hope you guys enjoyed listening to us. Also, a good tie-in from an older recording - complimented our recent discussion very well.

The "cast" also reminded me of something I had thought about a long time ago but never tried to implement: making faith useful for something besides buying Great People in the later stages of the game where you've got all the cities you really "want", and all those cities have all the Faith-buy buildings you can have.

Top Bottom