The Maveric lounge

moved here, praise the:king:

@ indiansmoke:

i basically share your thoughts on surviving this with an intact team. but i dont see a way how both, merlot and mavs. can survive this more or less intact. so my approach would be to sacrifice the weak democrats (mavs;)) to keep the strong monarchy going.

without doing some pressure on 1 member of the allieance, i dont see how we can hold out here. at a certain point they will have outnumbered and outteched us, no matter how good you play and what you do (it´s 4vs2).

if tanking 1 team totally is necessary (and i think it is) to get the pressure on the alliance to have a CHANCE of the alliance breaking, i would strongly advise to do so. or better put, i dont see any other chance of the alliance breaking (why should they, if they can buildup undisturbed and all can share the rest of the land). but what happens, if 1 member is with it´s back against the wall, facing the mav army? even i would consider leaving the alliance under the threat of beeing crippled for the rest of the game (you have to remember, this means game over for our target)

some additional info here:
there were already bodertensions (both, the wikings and the orange guys next to them) tried to settle a marble patch and have been fighting culturally over them from turn 85 on
we have also faced the orange guys with the choice to leave our peninsula or declare war around turn 95 or so and they decided to retreat
-> the alliance doesnt have a clear settling plan nor have they decided who gets what and who has to fight whome. they only have decided that its mav. and merlot that should die first. if faced with an army, we might have the best "arguments" on 1 of them

btw. i played in another pitboss, where a 4vs2 situation came up (i even pointed out that in my opinion a 4vs2 is the most likely in this game also, in the first weeks after this game started, when finding out we are on islands. you will find out about this in the mav. forum after they are published. i advised our team at that point that it should be considered to cancel the oracle plan and to make sure to get 2 wbs out first... ...but well, ugly democracy...)

back to the alliance of 4 teams:
it wasnt easy to coordinate the alliance of 4, but it worked untill both of the 2 were totally destroyed. but they also made the mistake of holding still and concentrating on defending. if they would have ignored their eco and went into full warmode earlier, or would have tried to save at least 1 team, things might have ended differently.

dont worry about the :confused::crazyeye:;), if you spot them in my posts... ...its because i like them, no offence intended:lol:

Been gone for over a month, and see we are still hanging tough.

If we are NOT in full war mode, we should consider that option IMO.

So this turn we got CS, so change to bureocracy + slavery+ theocracy, but what do we do about police state? Do Mavs stay in police state or get representation to run a few scientists and help with tech? My guess is police state for a few more turns to slave some units in mainland at least.

Also Slaze chack this turn whether by running a few scientist for 1 turn you can get compass in 1, it would be good for merlot to overflow to optics next turn.

Slaze any idea on how to treat the Warrior coming from the South? It's a tough decision, but personally I would go ahead and attempt to kill it.

Is there any dought that Quatronia is preparing an invasion on Mav land?

If you still have hope that it will be peacefull with Quatronia then send a message.

I would kill the warrior and stop pretending there will be peace.

BTW there was alot of talk about tensions between Quatronia and CDZ. The screen of Quatronia city next to CDZ being guarded by a single warrior is proof that there is no such tension, at least for now.

Ive changed my mind, lol, I think we should send Q a message and let them know to either retreat or be killed.

I think Q is more at ease within the alliance than CDZ is, so I feel CDZ would be open to improving their position in the game and they already know Q is lightly defended. A promise to help CDZ invade Q might go over better than most think.

Ive changed my mind, lol, I think we should send Q a message and let them know to either retreat or be killed.

I think Q is more at ease within the alliance than CDZ is, so I feel CDZ would be open to improving their position in the game and they already know Q is lightly defended. A promise to help CDZ invade Q might go over better than most think.

Top Bottom