Ridiculous map for Spain....

bcyeah

Chieftain
Hi All, newly registered here although I been lurking about for quite some time... came across this map and thought i'd share it....would you say spain is OP on this :crazyeye:

And another possible spawn is also pretty good:

For some reason when re-using this map, I can't find any ancient ruins even though the option is enabled...

For some reason when re-using this map, I can't find any ancient ruins even though the option is enabled...

I've noticed the same on my reused maps. I asked the question here a month ago but didn't get an answer.
cheers
John

I've noticed the same on my reused maps. I asked the question here a month ago but didn't get an answer.
cheers
John

You have to enable them through Worldbuilder, else they are no ruins by default

"Enable Goodies"

You have to enable them through Worldbuilder, else they are no ruins by default

"Enable Goodies"

Thanks I've looked for Worldbuilder & can't find it, I used to use it in Civ III.
And does using worldbuilder mean you don't get achievements?

thanks in advance
John

I think the second one is better, because you will get a religion crazily fast plus it's a salt start.

But in the first one you could expand in a crazy fast pace due to the 20 happiness from Fountain of Youth, and also go for domination with your fast healing units...

It'll be interesting to see if this map works for me. I'm still on patch 383 (I think that's the number) and don't have G&K.

Thanks I've looked for Worldbuilder & can't find it, I used to use it in Civ III.
And does using worldbuilder mean you don't get achievements?

thanks in advance
John

Wordbuilder is just a map maker/editor, so you can still get achievements.

And its located in your Steam Library under "Tools", as part of "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"

And its located in your Steam Library under "Tools", as part of "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"

Does wordbuilder still work for you? I have not been able to get it to run since the latest steam update.

Thanks I wondered what this SDK was people were talking about.
Downloaded it this morning before work, of course it's not working.
Looking forward to replaying on some old favorite maps with different civs once it's up and working again.
John

This is actually a really fun map for Byzantine. Restart until you spawn on Kailash. Go Desert Folklore and make a city below capital in that huge hilly desert area. Rush Petra.

I was playing a random hot seat with my wife and got the fountain of youth within my second city borders. The plus 20 happiness allowed me to roll out nine cities before 1AD and still be in the positive with happiness. Suffice to say I was set for the rest of the game and blasted out my spaceship in the 1930's.

Top Bottom