Hermit Civ ... leave me in peace!

Crdnl Richelieu

Warlord
I usually don't like to be bothered by the AI too early, but in this game, I thought I'd go Inca on the Highlands to give myself a bit of an advantage.

I was delighted by the randomised mountain range..until I realised there was absolutely no way out, except for a 1 lake choke point about to be owned by a city state. Guess I won't be needing much of an army!

Here's the save if anyone wants it...

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 671
  • AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    485.2 KB · Views: 62
I'm a total dingbat, I realise there is actually one escape point. Still, I can't delete this so fill yer boots :)

I'd say that single exit is even better, as you could just settle a city on the hill and forget about ever being conquered. I haven't played Inca much, but all of those hill tiles next to mountains say to me that you are going to have several very, very large cities in your little mountain valley.

That looks like it might be fun for a while... Just need to grow your cities and keep your techs coming as fast as possible...and forget about an early army. Then at some point when you sense it might be right, send out some modern units through that narrow pass to see what destruction you can sow and what rewards you can reap.... ;)

That's a really pretty map. What are the settings (besides highland) and required DLC?

I usually don't like to be bothered by the AI too early, but in this game, I thought I'd go Inca on the Highlands to give myself a bit of an advantage.

I was delighted by the randomised mountain range..until I realised there was absolutely no way out, except for a 1 lake choke point about to be owned by a city state. Guess I won't be needing much of an army!

Here's the save if anyone wants it...

That's just awesome.

I love it!

The setup is simply highlands. Everything else is randomised. The rest of the world is much the same. I havent even met half the civs and probably never will! Oh, raging barbs, policy saving, deity. Everything else is standard

There is one desert hill tile on the west part that might ba a passage as well. But you have fog of war on the next tile so you can't really tell that.
Anyway You can settle there and seal the passage.

If you neglect your army, better hope Carthage doesn't come after you!

One does not simply walk into Inca-land...

Unless you're Carthage.

That said, crazy map roll. Best "hermit" map I've seen, and I thought the one I got in my current game was good (huge peninsula on oval pangaea with mountains blocking most access by land).

Top Bottom