Terra - Is it bigger?

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
Is Terra bigger than standard maps?

If anybody plays Hotseat, then surely you've noticed that on Huge (12 by default) maps there is a bit of "hang" between turns (about 2 or 1 second before you can press continue). on Large (10 by default) and less this lag is gone.. now, this isn't an issue (i simpyl avoid playing Huge maps with Hotseat), hwoever, when I fired up a Terra map on Large, I noticed the lag was there.. which eludes me to realise that Terra is actually bigger than default Large maps (say, Pangea, Fractal, etc.)

I guess that would make sense seeing as there is a bigger fight for land anyway.

I wondered the same thing. I think they are somewhat bigger, but I still feel like there's less land in the "old world" than is usual for the number of civs on it.

Yes, they are. A 'small' Terra is the same size as a normal standard map, a 'standard' Terra is the same size as a large one, etc.
Code:
[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_DUEL.ID] = {52, 32},
		[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_TINY.ID] = {64, 40},
		[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_SMALL.ID] = {84, 52},
		[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD.ID] = {104, 64},
		[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_LARGE.ID] = {128, 80},
		[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_HUGE.ID] = {152, 96}
With Frontier it's the same thing. All-land maps are usually smaller than standard. Ice Age maps have a very horizontal shape... There are actually not that many maps that have the standard size in tiles.

Thing is with ocean maps is that ocean makes up the vast majority of the world and there are no islands and just nothing. In my last "continents" game, I had two continents that were only separated by a 2-4 deep sea tiles and literally half the map was deep ocean with nothing, not a even single 1 island tile. It was easily 50 hexes wide, nothing from north to south. (it was a large map, so according to optionals game info that means that 40% of the world was completely empty)

That's normally why I play with low sea levels Quineloe even when playing as England or Ottomans or someone like that.

Top Bottom