[Map Script] Planet Generator

Sorry if it was posted before, but the forum search function sucks....

Little mistake (not just a bug, I think) in Planet_Generator_0_68.py: the constant value for Continents is 2 when it must be 4 (the default option), line 149. It is:

2 = ["FT Random (1 - 5 continents)",[1,2,3,4,5],False],
4 = ["FT Random (2 - 5 continents, default)",[2,3,4,5],False],

as it say default (and I prefer this option :D)

is it somehow possible to have an option for alternative player start placement?

like starting not all the time on the coast, to be able to choose inland starts, etc....

I find it pretty sad that civ offers only the option to spawn at the coast, that`s not realistic nor fun imho.

Thank you very much for this map-script, Nercury.
I've been looking for a good generator of continents for multiplayer with my friends and your script does it all: allows to remove peaks, adds more hills and creates mostly even starting locations, and the distance between continents for late contact is just marvelous - but all that only in Singleplayer. While in Multiplayer we get a perfectly plain map without oceans, with several starting locations and grasslands spreading in all directions from the spawning spot.
Can this be fixed in any way, it would be awesome to play this script in Multiplayer!
May I also suggest adding river-density and resources-density controls into this script, please?

You are doing a great job, keep it up!

The question remains:
Why doesn't this great map generator work as intended in multiplayer games?
Can the author, anyone from community or me do the changes to make it work?
Any suggestions would be welcome. :confused:

Later added:
Found the solution through trial and error.
I had to generate the "First Time Random" map first time in multiplayer, and after that the generator creates nice maps for us every time with any settings we want!
Thank you, Nercury! Your map script rocks!!!

P.S. A good way to test the result of map generation in multiplayer is to start the game in Future Era, where the Satelites tech is already discovered, granting you the sight of all map in the fog of war. You might not want to play from this era, but at least you will be able to see an example of what the generator creates in responce to your inputs.

Where is my wine ?

Nice script but after playng 10+ maps I realize I never saw wine, whales and crabs on the whole map...

Why ? I made only one change in settings - drier then default - hate too many forests.

I got this Script with RevolutionDCM and was wondering why i cant zoom out to planatary view? Is this map generator just make flat maps or am i missing something?

I got this Script with RevolutionDCM and was wondering why i cant zoom out to planatary view? Is this map generator just make flat maps or am i missing something?
It must be from some interaction of the script with the mod you are using. I've run this script with standard BTS, Gods of Old, Cultural Diversity, Fall from Heaven 2, and Fall Further and did not have the problem you've described. (Yes, it can generate global maps, with a proper planetary view.)

Well i am playing with VERY large maps could that cause this? and i installed RoM2 and tried it ith Various maps of larg size and still got the same problem

I frequently play overriding the map size to 1-3 sizes over huge and I've never had that problem but if you're going bigger than that, I'll offer a tentative maybe. I know I've read plenty of warnings on other scripts with size overrides not to go super huge on both the x and y axis. I always assumed it was because of the crazy lag you'd have with that much land but maybe it causes other issues as well.

Hmm I believe I tried tried a game just one or two levels above huge but ill get a clean install of the mod and retry.

Thanks for the super quick help!!

Well i am playing with VERY large maps could that cause this? and i installed RoM2 and tried it ith Various maps of larg size and still got the same problem
Since I've never tried generating anything over "Large" with this script, I really don't know if that would be a problem. How large is "very large" for you?

Maybe it's a screen resolution thing (seriously, no idea if this even makes sense, over my nerd level)? I'm on a 1440 x 900 widescreen.

I enjoy this map script quite a bit! I ve been using it for a while....the one thing I noticed is that when using anything other than the "standard generator" for resources (by modding the file a little bit), things are crazy....marble in the ocean, and lots of resources....any way to include random choices for resources?

Regards, and thanks for making this!

Jeff

You have found my custom resource generator... Which turned out to be very complicated, hence not finished.

I am actually surprised by the amount of interest here... Maybe I will get Civ4 again. Can't really promise though.

My absolute favorite map script!! PLEASE keep updating it!!

I also like Tectonics, but it seems to result in slightly, i dont know, uninteresting maps? Far more interesting than in vanilla, but not quite as varied as this script.
And perfect world 2 is also very good, but again some core things like that every map always has huge deserts in the middle, the continent shape may vary but usually the maps are pretty equal.

This script however, awesome. I can generate a frozen planet with unique continents and islands and mountains, a desert world or an earthlike world. Love it :)

Excellent, Excellent Map Generator.
I have created several different types already to test it, and wow, very nice.

Things to note for others:
It appears that some resourses are linked to the tile types.
So, if you create a map without desert, for example, you won't find any Incense.
This happened to a map of mine, just include deserts, and make it wet or rainy climate.
I like the lots of trees.

Aztec players will love these maps.

I got the impression some resources like spice, wine and insence aren't spawned at all.

This is the best map script I've seen and I think its amazing but unfortunately, I'm having a problem running it on my favorite mod- Realism Invictus. It runs fine on the other mods I've tried it on such as Overlord and Rhye's and Fall, as well as the base BtS game. I've put the script in my BtS publicmaps folder and Ive tried putting it in my Realism Invictus' public maps folder but it still crashes once I start a custom game.

Was there a reason to remove the "Balanced" resource option?
I am noticing a pattern of a lack of at least one resourse near me.
This last one is almost funny.
I got the "build X# of swordsman and you will recieve an Iron resource" quest, but, I have No Iron!
I don't have copper, horse or Ivory either.
The maps also tend to have a lack of food and hills for the capitol.
Usually, I see 3 food and 4 hills on standard maps.
Lately, it has been 2 food and 2-3 hills on PG.68.
I can increase the hills, but, how can we increase the food?
Or Force all resource types to be present, regardless of the settings?
Settings Typically: Climate: Soft, Humidity: Rainy, Temperature: Normal.

Top Bottom