Enough Tanks!

Yaniv

Prince
I'm sure we all love to see custom units, including tanks. But I think we've already seen more than enough, and people really don't download these units anymore, as they already have plenty. Does anyone else agree with me (or object)?

-No offence is meant to any of the tank creators-

I agree to a sertain point there are enough tanks but if people like making them why not let them, the only thing I wish is some diversity I don't think we need 20 german ww II tanks try to get some diversity there are a lot of great tanks for other nations out there or what about mechanised infantry they resemble tanks and there are not nearly as many of those

Far be it from me to tell folks what to make, but I have to admit I've stopped downloading the modern age tanks and mech infantry units. I would go for a new M-60 and a T-72 for a couple cold war tanks, but other than that, I can't think of any place to put new tanks.

IMO, the area that needs the most attention is middle eastern units. Currently, I use the Immortal as a Holy Warrior in the Middle Ages, Lab Monkey's Eastern Pikeman, and the Ansar Warrior, but that's all there is.

If you ask me, here's what I'd want:

Ancient European Spearman(Germanic, not Greek or Roman)
Muslim Musketman/Rifleman(Maybe a mounted one too)
Napoleonic, Saber-wielding Cavalry
Greco-Roman Archer
Modern Middle Eastern Infantry

Some more...
European Middle Ages, pre-caravel sailing ship
WW2 Cruiser
Modern Destroyer
Early Knight
Apache Chopper(Maybe my most-wanted)

From my observations, any of those guys ought to meet wide acclaim.

While there have already been enough tank units created to fulfill all my needs in moding, I don't see the problem with people making whatever units take their fancy. Making mods, units and graphics can be as much fun as playing the game. If even one person uses it then 2 people have gotten what they want.

Yes, I'm sure that the proliferation of tanks has something to do with them being easier than people to make. But it also has to do with the interests of the more prolific unit makers.

I say "the more the merrier." Everyone should make whatever units they feel like. Afterall you don't have to download them.

P.S. I predict that the tank craze is dieing out anyway and that air units will be the next class of prolific units.

This is the most rediculous thread since Sebsage first started posting here at CFC. "Stop making units!" Give me a break. If you don't want the modern units, don't download them. As for me, I just won't make anymore. I thought that I would just contribute where I could. Instead, I'll just spend my time doing something for myself, rather than make requested, modern age units.

actually, utah, you're amazing. i wouldn't dream of you ever stopping.

I sure hope utah doesn't stop making units.

In fact, I was hoping he might make the US Army's new Stryker multi-purpose armored vehicle.

Attachments

• strykerfrontview.jpg
    strykerfrontview.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 284
I was at first of a similar mind, that there were too many tanks, but the way I see it now we can never have enough flavor units. So, as long as we have diversity in the tanks that are being created and not, as Akula said, 20 German tanks from WWII, I will be more than happy to see additional tank variants roll off the line. When we have a flavor tank for every civ, then and only then will I think we have enough.

As for more ancient and non-european units, I couldn't agree more. I would love to see greater diversity amongst the ancient flavor units. And there are ample opportunities for additional non-flavor ancient units as well.

pleeeeease don't stop making tanks! i love yours! the big problem is that there are not enough scenarios being made to use them in, and a big demand in the few there are are for foot units. but, if you keep making tanks it will boost scenario production eventually. my suggestion would be to make highly unique tanks that have a distinct role.

Utahjazz - Noooooooo!!

Your stuff is top-notch. Please don't quit! I agree totally, the more the merrier. I use almost all of your units. I was just taking advantage of the opportunity to spout about some other units I'd like to see, which is I think what the thread is really about. I would never think of telling someone not to create something they wanted to.

"If you build it they will come."

I would also like to see some more LAV's like the Stryker. These could be utilized as an in between unit, not as strong offensively as the Modern Armor, not as strong defensively as the Mechanized infantry, but somewhere in between both units.

Actually I can still find tanks that are missing from the WW II german arsenal there has actually only been made PZKV V-VIII but there aren't any PZKV I-IV (to my knovledge) as long as we don't end up having 4 identical units it's okay
Utah your units are great they fill some holes that has been overlooked by most unit creators and that is great to have those

tankettes would be cool. cheaper, less powerful, faster. i'd like to see somebody make a more realistic version of the Carden-Lloyd tankette. mine was just a quick, cheap-ass cut n paste job.

This is a very negitive thread, and its only going to attract replys from mostly people who have no interest in tanks.
By all means don't stop making them, a lot of those tanks are first class units that required a lot of time and work to make, and i know they are appreciated

I'm sorry if my post caused offence.

I for one could use some more futuristic tanks and future mech infantry units. As a matter of fact just more future units of any kind. I don't like to use just random units from one age mixed with older ones. The Future era is the only one I have this problem with.

Top Bottom